Page 319 of 357 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5343

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Admittedly, The End did have it's moments. I'm just still super bitter/sad that CC killed off Rogue. I would have loved to have seen her interact with the kiddos more.
    Just Rogue....he killed off more than half of the X-men. I have trouble reading anything by Claremont after X-treme X-men. X-men Forever was just.....

It seems like he is so feed up with how Marvel handled the X-men, he thinks they are better off dead. But things seem to be getting back on track, at least with Rogue and Gambit. Speaking of getting back on track anyone else see what other 90's Marvel couple looks to be getting back together?(more like 80's&90's now that I think about it) It isn't any of the X-men.
    spoilers:
    Pete and MJ, in Amazing Spider-man #1
    end of spoilers

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Asked Ms Thompson if we'd see any connections to Thieves Guild, especially now that basically Rogue is the "Queen of Thieves" and she replied;

"I’d love to delve into some of that…but honestly? It’s just going to be depend on how many issues we get. : /"

I'm a big fan of the guild lore and I hate that so many Writers have either disregarded it completely or just belittle it. It gives Gambit a reason to not be stuck in the X-Men and now that Rogue is his wife, same goes for her, despite her Avengers connections which makes it all the more interesting. KT said that Rogue has become something of a stick in the mud while being a leader but being around Gambit makes her playful. I can see her letting Gambit indulge in his Guild matters but act his conscious. Perhaps help him really reshape it. Something I'd love to see is her be put through the Cardinal Thieves trials and just watch breeze through it on a single page, opposed to Gambit using a a whole book! Because you know... Super strength. I think it'd be hilarious. Dub them the "Red King" and the "Iron Queen". An opportunity for drama could be the Avengers catching up with them and trying to force her to make a decision. I guess it's be hard to be an Avenger-type and the Queen of an International underworld organization.

Something I've thought would be fun is if the Guild expanded his reach and forcefully or even financially made all thieves on the planet answer to them, ultimately, the new King and Queen. I mean established characters like; Black Cat, Fantomex, etc. before expanding outward into space and take up intergalactic commerce so Lila Cheney and perhaps the Starjammers would become involved. Just some silly ideas that could help the TG not be so one-dimentional. Give it a role in the MU and the couple something to juggle outside of X-Men business. Not sure how much Rogue would be able to involve Gambit with any Avenging. I'd actually hate that and would prefer Cap and the gang turn their noses up at the idea of her being with him. To be honest, I can't see how someone as sanctimonious as Cap would be ok with her choice. He's kind of a judgmental prick... Deadpool's recent choices in his absence would probably make it worse for anyone he deemed not to be on the straight and narrow.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Asked Ms Thompson if we'd see any connections to Thieves Guild, especially now that basically Rogue is the "Queen of Thieves" and she replied;

"I’d love to delve into some of that…but honestly? It’s just going to be depend on how many issues we get. : /"

I'm a big fan of the guild lore and I hate that so many Writers have either disregarded it completely or just belittle it. It gives Gambit a reason to not be stuck in the X-Men and now that Rogue is his wife, same goes for her, despite her Avengers connections which makes it all the more interesting. KT said that Rogue has become something of a stick in the mud while being a leader but being around Gambit makes her playful. I can see her letting Gambit indulge in his Guild matters but act his conscious. Perhaps help him really reshape it. Something I'd love to see is her be put through the Cardinal Thieves trials and just watch breeze through it on a single page, opposed to Gambit using a a whole book! Because you know... Super strength. I think it'd be hilarious. Dub them the "Red King" and the "Iron Queen". An opportunity for drama could be the Avengers catching up with them and trying to force her to make a decision. I guess it's be hard to be an Avenger-type and the Queen of an International underworld organization.

Something I've thought would be fun is if the Guild expanded his reach and forcefully or even financially made all thieves on the planet answer to them, ultimately, the new King and Queen. I mean established characters like; Black Cat, Fantomex, etc. before expanding outward into space and take up intergalactic commerce so Lila Cheney and perhaps the Starjammers would become involved. Just some silly ideas that could help the TG not be so one-dimentional. Give it a role in the MU and the couple something to juggle outside of X-Men business. Not sure how much Rogue would be able to involve Gambit with any Avenging. I'd actually hate that and would prefer Cap and the gang turn their noses up at the idea of her being with him. To be honest, I can't see how someone as sanctimonious as Cap would be ok with her choice. He's kind of a judgmental prick... Deadpool's recent choices in his absence would probably make it worse for anyone he deemed not to be on the straight and narrow.
    My FAVORITE moment in UA was when Rogue stood up to Cap in the hospital after taking down Red Skull. I would love to see Cap or any other Avenger taking issue with her marriage, and she just tells them off. While I enjoy the Avengers in the MCU, in the comics they tend to come across as, to borrow your phrase, judgemental pricks and hypocrites(Tony and Cap in particular).

I love Guild and would love to see them again.

But Rogue is not a thief. She is a super hero and ex avenger. I am sure Guilds and Cardinals would love to stay in secrets from her.

It is not up to Cap to judge but he may.

Amazing Member

I think that Gambit won't tell the majority of the Guild about his status, and Rogue won't rat him out to Cap or someone like that.

So there are very good potential stories for married Cop & Criminal dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    GeNext is peak Claremont so take that as you will. I just couldn’t ever get past the fact Gambit’s two children didn’t have his last name but had Mystque’s last name care of Rogue. Like, I can’t see ANY universe that Gambit would be down for his kids going by Darkholme (or were the kids’ last name Raven? IDK). There are two sets of minis about the GeNext kids, Gambit and Becca/Ray show up in the 2nd series.
    Becca/Ray was always a LeBeau. Oliver took Mystique's name after he and Gambit became estranged, but was almost certainly a LeBeau too at first. Mystique raised them after Gambit took on the Sinister mantle, which is why Oliver took on her name.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Becca/Ray was always a LeBeau. Oliver took Mystique's name after he and Gambit became estranged, but was almost certainly a LeBeau too at first. Mystique raised them after Gambit took on the Sinister mantle, which is why Oliver took on her name.
    Whoa, how did I miss all this? Which book was that in?

And I totally agree I'd like to see our pair have some Guild and Avengers interactions down the line. I would expect Rogue to still aid the Avengers if called upon and I expect Remy to still be leading the Guild. From how the Asmus run ended, at least a part of his motivation to lead the Guild is to keep it from sinking into extremely immoral standards (human trafficking/drugs/etc) under a less savory leader. So I think Rogue would respect that and be supportive, but probably not want to get too involved herself? Remy probably would help the Avengers, but would always have some tension with them.

Though I can see why KT wants to forge new stories for them. I see a lot of gripes on these boards about retreading storylines and over using nostalgia.

The big key is seeing this book supported strongly enough to get to those story arcs that are more down the line.

Amazing Member

Whoa, how did I miss all this? Which book was that in?
    GenNEXT by Criss Claremont (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/GeNext_Vol_1_1). It's kind of a continuation of X-men the End.

And I totally agree I'd like to see our pair have some Guild and Avengers interactions down the line. I would expect Rogue to still aid the Avengers if called upon and I expect Remy to still be leading the Guild. From how the Asmus run ended, at least a part of his motivation to lead the Guild is to keep it from sinking into extremely immoral standards (human trafficking/drugs/etc) under a less savory leader. So I think Rogue would respect that and be supportive, but probably not want to get too involved herself? Remy probably would help the Avengers, but would always have some tension with them.
    My thoughts exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I love Guild and would love to see them again.

But Rogue is not a thief. She is a super hero and ex avenger. I am sure Guilds and Cardinals would love to stay in secrets from her.

It is not up to Cap to judge but he may.
    Well thats the point Purp. She's not a thief, which is why she wouldn't fit into the world and it would cause friction and conflict. Any way, if a villain can turn into an anti-hero, a hero can learn to walk the line. Even if it's just a habit. The people you surround yourself with will undoubtedly effect you. We see it all the time with normal people stepping out of their typical behavior. Or are we saying Rogue is too perfect to get a little dirty? Since when has she been a saint. Could have sworn she started out on darker path than we've ever seen Gambit on.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Well thats the point Purp. She's not a thief, which is why she wouldn't fit into the world and it would cause friction and conflict. Any way, if a villain can turn into an anti-hero, a hero can learn to walk the line. Even if it's just a habit. The people you surround yourself with will undoubtedly effect you. We see it all the time with normal people stepping out of their typical behavior. Or are we saying Rogue is too perfect to get a little dirty? Since when has she been a saint. Could have sworn she started out on darker path than we've ever seen Gambit on.
    I kinda not sold on this. Just because they are married it doesn't mean that Rogue should try thief life on her or visit Guilds. The same as Gambit shouldn't join Avengers if Rogue was still part of group.

But I would like to see them on heist like Ocean's 11.
    Could be really fun

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I kinda not sold on this. Just because they are married it doesn't mean that Rogue should try thief life on her or visit Guilds. The same as Gambit shouldn't join Avengers if Rogue was still part of group.

But I would like to see them on heist like Ocean's 11.
    Could be really fun
    It's more like being generally curious. There's really nothing worse than being in a relationship with someone that was no interest in your life. She knew what she was getting into when she said "yes", and if she didn't she's about learn (again, this is a story). I edit a magazine about cars. My wife has zero interest in automotive subjects, but she's been to shows and races with me, read over my articles, encouraged me. If Gambit has to leave for x-amount of time to take care of something, why would it be out of character for Rogue tag along? And I never said anything about the Avengers. That's preposterous. They aren't roommates. And while they don't have to be up under each other, I don't see why it'd be odd for Rogue to tag along on Gambit's extracurriculars, even if just to talk him out of it, or see if there is anything to it.

Not to mention, this is a shared book. I don't want to see them in a team book together because it will never be about them. There would be too many other characters that need time. But saying they shouldn't be around each other while they adventure means ignoring the world because where on is in Mr and Mrs X, the other cant be far behind. She is (is she still?) an Avenger, and he is part of the Guild. While Gambit being an Avenger is out of the question (hopefully), why would it be so ridiculous for come around the Guild? Chances are, she would. Give it a try and do one of two things IMO; tell him, its not for her and he might pull out of it or try to change things so much that the Guild tries to push Gambit out.
    Guild Member

I'd take a different approach to the guilds. Have Fanto jack another mutants body to get off the astral plain. Be pissed hijack the guild and go real dark planning to be the next King. A displaced king faced with the organisation going off the rails and losing his title has to break down the new beast of a guild and restore its concience and return fanto to the light settling his debt with fanto and xaviers quest. Rogue can play a huge role in helping take down the rogue elements and tap into avengers connections maybe taking their individual strengths to rise to the challenge. You could break it up into smaller arcs and inesrt it into the story giving Gambit a purpose and then mix in some of Rogues to build a tale of two characters with two challenges relying on each other so each has a value past being an accessory.

Also using fanto could tie back into the xmen continuity because fanto may want revenge for being abandoned on all of them as a side to his grab for power. Also being a stealth character he can fade in and out of the plot allowing a long running thread that can cut in and out without seeming tooo abrupt as he is planning and setting things up off panel.

Mostly because i dont want it to become too Gambit focussed and alienating the Rogue fan base. Otherwise spin it into a solo. I also dont think Gambit needs a concience and hasnt for a while. Its my headcannon that he sucks as a thirlef these days because he cant get behind it like he used to and the shallow goals just dont inspire him as they used to. I disliked the idea of Rogue being a Mags moral compass and i feel the same here. She chose him because he is already a good man. But i think saving the guild from going dark would be in his wheel house and allow him to use his skills in a more positive way.
    Last edited by Jiraiya; 07-12-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    I disliked the idea of Rogue being a Mags moral compass and i feel the same here. She chose him because he is already a good man. But i think saving the guild from going dark would be in his wheel house and allow him to use his skills in a more positive way.
    That's a typo, right?
    Guild Member

That's a typo, right?
    Nah maybe poorly expressed though and should be a new paragraph. Above someone mentioned that she could be a moral compass for him. A lot of rogneto fans use that as a good reason for them to be together but i reject the reasoning their and want to be consistent in that sentiment here. I also dont think he needs Rogue to be that at that level and that its a good role for her (it moves too deep into support from partner). Maybe a sound board for his ideas or in extreme situations but i like to believe he has enough of a concience that he doesnt need a constant reminder hence the hero stint.
    Last edited by Jiraiya; 07-12-2018 at 03:14 PM.

That's a typo, right?
    What do you think of th e ifea of Fanto heel turning and grabbing part of the guild to bring it into conflict with R&G, x-men and maybe the wider MU with mr and Mrs x over time playing the key role in bringing him back from the darkside.

I also think as much as we hate him his similarities make him a good foil. Fanto could be stormshadow to gambits snake eyes as a rough equivalency.

It also can make the guild more relevant