Page 35 of 259 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Honestly, I also hate the idea of Damian becoming heir of the League or something, but there's no point of worrying about just a single line of text. I will just wait to see the whole thing to understand the context and what's going to happen. It's funny, but because Joshua and Gleb talked a lot about Robin and showed a lot WIPs, respectively, I forgot we don't really know yet what the story is about. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I'm still sure that Damian's goal here is to use Lazarus Pit to resurrect Alfred, and that's the reason why he went after League of Assassins, and participates in tournament.
    And regarding Titans, I think Williamson at some point use them to finally resolve their conflict with each other. But Dick obviously will not invite Damian to the Academy, it would be stupid, he perfectly understands that it will not work.
    I also think, and hope, that this arc will have something to do with Alfred. About the Titans, I don't think they will cross with Damian anymore. I’m pretty sure this matter was solved in the end of the run, no need to bring it up just to keep villainizing him. And, besides, everyone has been ignoring it for a while now.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Honestly, I also hate the idea of Damian becoming heir of the League or something, but there's no point of worrying about just a single line of text. I will just wait to see the whole thing to understand the context and what's going to happen. It's funny, but because Joshua and Gleb talked a lot about Robin and showed a lot WIPs, respectively, I forgot we don't really know yet what the story is about. :P
    It's not new for Damian to get not-quite-peaceful leaks to raise the shock and suspense. And I think both Gleb and Williamson did a very good job on promoting Robin, we can feel their excitement and it makes us excited too. That's why it's important for creators to love their own works. I think the reason Damian fans can survive 2 months without reading anything about Damian is because those two and their steady but vague Robin leaks.

I also think, and hope, that this arc will have something to do with Alfred. About the Titans, I don't think they will cross with Damian anymore. I’m pretty sure this matter was solved in the end of the run, no need to bring it up just to keep villainizing him. And, besides, everyone has been ignoring it for a while now.
    Quite conflicted about this. The matter is hardly solved, more like swept under the rug with Damian somehow took a job as postman, but if they will bring it just to villainizing Damian, best if it get forgotten completely.

Btw, looks like Gleb loves purple. I see many purple color on his works. Not really my preference color but it's quite refreshing to see purple after constant red and black on Damian's comics.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I'm still sure that Damian's goal here is to use Lazarus Pit to resurrect Alfred, and that's the reason why he went after League of Assassins, and participates in tournament.
    And regarding Titans, I think Williamson at some point use them to finally resolve their conflict with each other. But Dick obviously will not invite Damian to the Academy, it would be stupid, he perfectly understands that it will not work.
    Yep, it seems like too easy of a plotline for Damian's future based on everything we've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Quite conflicted about this. The matter is hardly solved, more like swept under the rug with Damian somehow took a job as postman, but if they will bring it just to villainizing Damian, best if it get forgotten completely.
    ^This^

I may have hated Glass' Titans but what I hated even more is how Damian's storyline in Tec just seemed to....overlook and downplay everything he did and turned it into him just acting out because he misses Alfred (granted, that Titans run also made everything about Alfred towards the end, when it was never about him). I don't want them to just act like it never happened. Especially since he really did seem to care about his old teammates and vice versa. I don't want him back with them, of course, but I'd at least like to see some closure. Just...you know...as long as they don't keep acting like Damian was the only loose canon (Yeah that "Robin can't force you to do anything, anymore" line from Dick still bothers the hell out of me)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    ^This^

I may have hated Glass' Titans but what I hated even more is how Damian's storyline in Tec just seemed to....overlook and downplay everything he did and turned it into him just acting out because he misses Alfred (granted, that Titans run also made everything about Alfred towards the end, when it was never about him). I don't want them to just act like it never happened. Especially since he really did seem to care about his old teammates and vice versa. I don't want him back with them, of course, but I'd at least like to see some closure. Just...you know...as long as they don't keep acting like Damian was the only loose canon (Yeah that "Robin can't force you to do anything, anymore" line from Dick still bothers the hell out of me)
    Eh, I don't know. I had my problems with Damian's arc in Tec too, but Damian's entire storyline had been such a mess ever since No Justice came out, I'm fine with sweeping it all under the rug if it means getting a somewhat fresh start that opens up the possibility for him to have a cool story and to show up in other books again.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    It's not new for Damian to get not-quite-peaceful leaks to raise the shock and suspense. And I think both Gleb and Williamson did a very good job on promoting Robin, we can feel their excitement and it makes us excited too. That's why it's important for creators to love their own works. I think the reason Damian fans can survive 2 months without reading anything about Damian is because those two and their steady but vague Robin leaks.

Btw, looks like Gleb loves purple. I see many purple color on his works. Not really my preference color but it's quite refreshing to see purple after constant red and black on Damian's comics.
    If Gleb hadn't posted all those wips I might have died of boredom. I had no interest in Future State.
    Williamson has talked about making Damian a hero again several times, I really see no reason to think of that bit of dialogue as anything more than Damian lying about his true plans again.

I really don't think that outfit is purple. Pretty sure it's just gray and the lighting Gleb used gives it a purple tint.

Fantastic Member

New Batman issue dropped.
    spoilers:
    So far: Damian says he rejected Batman, Talia says Damian has nothing to show, Assassins show up, Talia gets a blade to her neck which she tells Damian to kill the assassin, Damian hesitates, and the last panel is a blood splatter. Let's be honest it's Talia killing the man and honest to god disappointed in Damian didn't take the kill, and guessing by it, sends Damian off into the tournament. Nothing to say so far just setting up his series.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I really enjoyed this issue, so sad it was short!

But, I must say, on one hand this whole Ra's al Ghul thing worries me a little bit. On the other, however, I kinda knew already it would start like this, so it's not a huge surprise. I nervous and excited for what comes next! All in all, I'm just glad Damian is back.
    end of spoilers

Fun facts about Damian's costume in the back-up:
    - Gleb Melnikov said it was a little bit inspired in Etrigan and it is extra on purpose to show that Damian is trying to look cool and demonic.
    - Gleb also made it look weird and funny purpose to represent the fact that a kid made it.

I loved this, and to me it made it even better. I'm also happy he always seems to have in mind that Damian is a child, because I feel that a lot of artists sometimes don't really take it into account, and a lot of them don't even draw kids in the right way, just making them look like little adults. Happily, this is not case here!

It’s also funny to me how it seems that that black and white costume with the golden gloves was probably just made to mislead the public, because it wasn’t even used. It just appeared again in one panel from Infinite Frontier.

This is the Biggest 13-14 years Damian version that I saw until now

Infinite Frontier Damian Wayne.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

They finally remembered he's 14 not 10.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Loved the backup. Enjoyed Talia and Damian's interaction. so hype for the Robin solo and Talia interacting more with Damian.

Talia really is a princess. Just because one is laying low doesn't mean you skimp on the finer things

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    They finally remembered he's 14 not 10.
    When did he turn 14?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Yeah give me Damian who looks like a kid. I like that he looks younger than his age. This is almost as jarring as Liefeld's Damian.

Fun facts about Damian's costume in the back-up:
    - Gleb Melnikov said it was a little bit inspired in Etrigan and it is extra on purpose to show that Damian is trying to look cool and demonic.
    - Gleb also made it look weird and funny purpose to represent the fact that a kid made it.

I loved this, and to me it made it even better. I'm also happy he always seems to have in mind that Damian is a child, because I feel that a lot of artists sometimes don't really take it into account, and a lot of them don't even draw kids in the right way, just making them look like little adults. Happily, this is not case here!

It’s also funny to me how it seems that that black and white costume with the golden gloves was probably just made to mislead the public, because it wasn’t even used. It just appeared again in one panel from Infinite Frontier.
    I love all the fun facts.

Etrigan being an inspiration for the look is especially sweet spot since Damian/Etrigan is a dream team up of mine since Etrigan briefly took a shine to Damian in the Animated movies.