Page 33 of 343 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

In the U.S a college has limited degree choices think of it like you generally you can get bachelors and some masters. While Universities you can get your phd and more masters.

This concept goes back to the 40s and it hasn't been featured much since then. Maybe that disctintion didn't even exist back then.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Wait. Does Dinah have a job? I know in rebirth and now she seems to be a musician.
    Florist and now musician.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    Wasn't she always a lawyer, even became a DA. At least that's what I remember from Birds of Prey and adaptations like Smallville and Arrow.
    Nope, that's just for the tv show.

In the comics, Dinah Drake was a florist who also disguised herself as the Black Canary to fight crime. Her boyfriend Larry Lance was a PI, that and flower orders were how she found out about cases. Later on, they both became PI's.

Her daughter Dinah Laurel Lance was also a florist, she was a florist in JLA:Year One and in Grell's Green Arrow run. I think she mostly gave that up in the 90's in Dixon's BOP and hasn't been near a flower shop since. Now, she's been reinvented as a musician.

This is the most uncomplicated way for me to explain the whole thing. lol

In the U.S a college has limited degree choices think of it like you generally you can get bachelors and some masters. While Universities you can get your phd and more masters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    This concept goes back to the 40s and it hasn't been featured much since then. Maybe that disctintion didn't even exist back then.
    Looking into it in regards to United States specifically, there is 'Dartmouth College' which is a 'Research University' that ranks among the 'Ivy League'

Weird there generally is a difference between the two. But what you going to do. But I would love to see Holliday Girls and Etta is a red hair again. Diana is suppose to have two side military and earth life. I wouldn't mind that after Holliday University Etta went to military in some way but I don't want her to be in there already.

Etta and the Holliday Girls should have nothing to do with the military. They are about Diana creating a new way of life and being connected to the fantastic women of the world. Let Steve be the ocasional representative of the military. Those girls are far too radical to become a part of the military enterprise.

Okay. I'm thinking about what could be Etta's career.

In all honesty I don't really see Etta as rank and file military. Perhaps either intelligence type stuff or even officers academy if she went into the military as a career choice.

Certainly a world of options for her though. At least in the golden age it was established that her dad owned an oil field and a ranch, with Etta being taught how to manage and presumably inherit both.

There was a storyline wherin Etta became the dean of a Holliday college 'satellite school' in another country and educated local brilliant minds to serve as the schools new faculty.

And Orlando recently did something interesting with Etta in which he established her creating and running a non profit disaster relief group.

Theres alot of angles one could take Etta

I maintain the idea that Golden Age Etta Candy and the modern Etta Candy should become a married couple and revamp the Holliday Girls as an organization with the goal of creating new communities with the ideals and technology of the Amazons.

They would create various communes around the world for this alternative lifestyle. It would be like an informal college campus, crossed with a women shelter, crossed with a training camp for women to learn how to fight as amazons.

Diana would travel around on adventures with these Holliday Girls/ neo amazons, including the Golden Age Etta as her best friend that likes to jump in front of Diana to protect her, even though Diana can lift a truck with her pinky.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I'm curious in Golden age Black Canary was a close friend of Diana. Do you guys think Dc should have kept that?
    Yes.

(10 char)

Not sure what thread to put this in, but I quite like the Earth D version of Wonder Woman suit. What do you all think of the golden top part?

Last edited by Alpha; 06-13-2021 at 08:05 AM.

She seems to be molded as a south asian, which is actually something I also quite like.

Wonder_Woman_Earth-D.jpg
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-13-2021 at 08:06 AM.

I thought this 2010 article from Fox News was pretty interesting. Long story short they like the pants but hate removing the patriotism from Wonder Woman's costume in favor of something more "global". Surprise, surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I thought this 2010 article from Fox News was pretty interesting. Long story short they like the pants but hate removing the patriotism from Wonder Woman's costume in favor of something more "global". Surprise, surprise.
    something similar happened with the attempt to change the thong for pants on the new 52, ​​and also in the frustrated TV show. It is clear that someone, call it fans or the media, does not want to see her wear pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Diana's costume being modelled after the American flag never made any sense since she isn't American in-universe.