Page 710 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 2106106607007067077087097107117127137147207608101210 ... LastLast
Results 10,636 to 10,650 of 20731
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I think there's some kind of royalty or copyright matter with Ghost Rider, isn't there?
    Gary Friedrich who wrote the early Blaze stories was suing Marvel claiming ownership of the character, or large parts of his backstory but they settled some time back. Google....
    2013 they settled.
    In what could only be considered a victory for Ghost Rider co-creator Gary Friedrich, Marvel Comics has apparently offered a settlement in his case against the publisher for ownership of the character.
    Friedrich's attorney informed a federal judge in New York that the creator and Marvel have worked out a deal to dismiss the lengthy case without having to go to trial. The details of that deal haven't been revealed and the agreement hasn't yet been fully executed.

In June, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals opened the door to Friedrich having some claim to the character, stating that a work-for-hire contract he signed in 1978 were ambiguous on the topic of copyright renewal. That ruling overturned a judge's ruling stating that Friedrich had no claim to Ghost Rider.
    Friedrich sued Marvel over ownership of the character in 2007, after the first Ghost Rider movie was released.
    I feel Marvel at this point is waiting for a larger media tie-in to do this Omni.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Gary Friedrich who wrote the early Blaze stories was suing Marvel claiming ownership of the character, or large parts of his backstory but they settled some time back. Google....
    2013 they settled.

I feel Marvel at this point is waiting for a larger media tie-in to do this Omni.
    Ah, got it. Thanks for the update. Isn't GR on the Shield TV show? I don't watch it but I thought I saw that he was on or made an appearance.

I think eventually this will get collected at some point.

^^^
    I would like to see Invisibles, Colossal Conan and Big Damn Sin City side by side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the biggest Omnibus from the big two is the 1st and 2nd Printing of Amazing Spider-Man Vol.1, what with the amazingly thick quality paper.
    A bit late, but here you go:

(The Spidey Omni is the 2nd printing)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^
    I did not realize the difference in height of Conan & Sin City!
    Thanks for the pic!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

^^
    I did not realize the difference in height of Conan & Sin City!
    i don't think there is a difference - it looks like Conan's DJ just slipped upwards a bit

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    A bit late, but here you go:

(The Spidey Omni is the 2nd printing)
    Thanks for the pic ShooCat. And the winner between the Big 2 is Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1! I have that 2nd sewn printing also - a beast but the paper is just amazing.

Ah, got it. Thanks for the update. Isn't GR on the Shield TV show? I don't watch it but I thought I saw that he was on or made an appearance.

I think eventually this will get collected at some point.
    Yes, he's in the 4th season of Agents of SHIELD (one of the high points), but it's the latest incarnation - Robbie Reyes. spoilers:
    Johnny Blaze makes an extremely brief appearance in one episode (or is it Danny Ketch?)
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    i don't think there is a difference - it looks like Conan's DJ just slipped upwards a bit
    Yup, they're the same size - It's just that I'm currently reading Conan and I just put the dust jacket back for a quick pic.

I have that 2nd sewn printing also - a beast but the paper is just amazing.
    I considered getting the third edition back in the day to replace this monster, but the paper is great indeed and I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Thanks for the pic ShooCat. And the winner between the Big 2 is Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1! I have that 2nd sewn printing also - a beast but the paper is just amazing.
    Out of the big two, Invisibles is the biggest in terms of issues collected, right? More than 60 or so.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Yes, he's in the 4th season of Agents of SHIELD (one of the high points), but it's the latest incarnation - Robbie Reyes. spoilers:
    Johnny Blaze makes an extremely brief appearance in one episode (or is it Danny Ketch?)
    end of spoilers
    They reference Johnny's stunt riding with a couple of posters, so it's probably him.
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

That ASM is so big it just looks wrong lol

That ASM omnibus is waaay bigger than mine! I thought the paper in mine wasn't bad but that one must have amazing paper.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member

ist has new releases up with 3% discount applied, since I did an order last week my discount was 5%. Got deadpool and xforce omnibus for 45 and marvel uk star wars was 38. pretty nice prices. Thanks ist

Out of the big two, Invisibles is the biggest in terms of issues collected, right? More than 60 or so.
    I believe you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    They reference Johnny's stunt riding with a couple of posters, so it's probably him.
    Yeah, it would seem that way what with the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    That ASM omnibus is waaay bigger than mine! I thought the paper in mine wasn't bad but that one must have amazing paper.
    It does. It reminds me a little of the old UK hardcover comic annuals I would get as a kid in the late 70s and 80s.

Incredible Member

I keep getting books with strange scoring/scratch in the page. It almost is like a crease or fold and looks like a cut but the page doesn't readily fold over on it and doesn't seem to effect the integrity of the page. Anyone else running across this? I am wondering what causes it. The pics are in a MMW but I have had quite a few omnis with it as well.image.jpgimage.jpg
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?