Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes, RR and ARk! Eternals, I think, is going to supply connective tissue between various concepts in Marvel, provide a possible retcon like overlay on the world - would love to see Namor and others mentioned in new WW 2 update.

The idea of Cap not remembering every single thing about WW2, due to his suspension, would be useful. Show what 'inhumans or eternals' were/ may have been abroad in the world, Jack Frost or others
    Sorry RR and Ark? Also that does sound good.

Astonishing Member

What would be the best story for Inhumans to follow if they make a return?

A closed group story, more for affecting character

A political story, diving into a(the) kingdom(s)

A space opera, maybe reporting the Inhumans as a cosmic player

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post

One of each
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Id like to see all of them too. . . Maybe in one story but that might be asking too much.

First thing though... unification of all the inhumans into one kingdom
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    First thing though... unification of all the inhumans into one kingdom
    I'm actually of the opposite mind. I think with Eldrac scattering the Inhumans of Attilan to the four winds, this is an opportunity to build an alliance of Inhuman kingdoms. I posted earlier about how each Inhuman nation should stand (ie repopulated Orollan, a new island/submerged Attilan for Triton and aquatic/amphibious Inhumans etc.), and they can come together as needed.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

I liked the Inhumans most when they were involved in the cosmic politics of the MU. Royals really showed the potential of the Inhumans to carve out their own space in that corner of Marvel while still having valuable connections to other properties like the Kree. I'd like a story where Attilan's royals travel to the various kingdoms and ask their governments to let any Inhuman who wants to leave Earth join them on an Inhuman space fleet. We could see them explore more of the origins and properties of terrigen while also dealing with conflicts between the various space powers. Kinda like the Black Company in space but with more internal politics. So space opera for me.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I liked the Inhumans most when they were involved in the cosmic politics of the MU. Royals really showed the potential of the Inhumans to carve out their own space in that corner of Marvel while still having valuable connections to other properties like the Kree. I'd like a story where Attilan's royals travel to the various kingdoms and ask their governments to let any Inhuman who wants to leave Earth join them on an Inhuman space fleet. We could see them explore more of the origins and properties of terrigen while also dealing with conflicts between the various space powers. Kinda like the Black Company in space but with more internal politics. So space opera for me.
    I actually think that the War of Kings period was the most "un-inhuman" story they ever had and they were completely out of character. They were always written as a species that didn't want war, and avoid conflict unless it came to them. That's why I think they accepted to live on the Moon for 9 years. They were made to be slaves of war, so it was natural for them to avoid it like in their most popular run with Jenkins.

But characters do change, because they can't be stuck forever. They should focus on Earth with all the new groups being discovered, and the Terrigen cloud gone. They just used Black Bolt on the cosmic side to use him as the anti-Supreme Intelligence, but they are supposed to be advanced humans that, for some reason, didn't spacefare like real world humans with NASA. I don't think they should throw out the nuhumans, but rather incorporate them into new cities where they can live unbothered like Jack Kirby's original plan.

Sorry RR and Ark? Also that does sound good.
    I'm sorry I didn't get back earlier. And possibly spell check.

But RR is Red Raven who was a character in the '40s and then retconned to be mostly a foe of Namor's I believe, May be deceased. But he came from a floating island of Bird People, eventually they were retconned into Inhumans who had stabilized their key mutation. I don't recall all the facts or ins and outs of the story; there may have been some rebellion thing when they split off from the main Inhumans. In more recent years other colonies of Inhumans, not so much like the Bird-folk, ie' more mixed in with regular human genes, have appeared.

Spell check most likely took "MARkAri" (sic, the Eternal version of Hermes or Mercury) and made it 'ark'.He also was retconned from another .40s speedster who was living in exile or adventuring from Eternals. Can't remember the character's name, was it in fact 'Mercury', since there would be no copyright stuff.

Anyway, the concept of Inhumans who either by design or circumstance come to stabilize and be a sort of race unto themselves has fascinated me. There are 2 or possibly other Stallion type Centaur characters roaming the Inhumans who are either related or have ties.

I've thought for years, considering the extreme vagary of the undersea Atlanteans' origin [ basically after the flood, they somehow just adapted, and/or magic ] that the true explanation would more likely be this:

Atlantis/dwellers/races are a pheno-type of Inhumans mixed with Deviant pheno-types. We all know that very ancient Atlantis did various and forbidden science experiments. But... likewise more ancient Inhumans and Deviants/Eternals.

I don't know how biologically the Bird-folks are tied specifically to Inhuman (and maybe other) genes, but I suppose if it could present/be stabilized, as it's own code/dna than so could underwater humanoids.

Inhumans were developed and tinkered with my the KREE and they encompass thousands or more of various intergalactic phono-types, including... bird people and underwater dwellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I actually think that the War of Kings period was the most "un-inhuman" story they ever had and they were completely out of character. They were always written as a species that didn't want war, and avoid conflict unless it came to them. That's why I think they accepted to live on the Moon for 9 years. They were made to be slaves of war, so it was natural for them to avoid it like in their most popular run with Jenkins.

But characters do change, because they can't be stuck forever. They should focus on Earth with all the new groups being discovered, and the Terrigen cloud gone. They just used Black Bolt on the cosmic side to use him as the anti-Supreme Intelligence, but they are supposed to be advanced humans that, for some reason, didn't spacefare like real world humans with NASA. I don't think they should throw out the nuhumans, but rather incorporate them into new cities where they can live unbothered like Jack Kirby's original plan.

I never read all of that story, but I think it mostly created more ties or relations between X/Mutant types and Inhumans, plus the KREE. So the Inhumans role was more "Space Opera-ific" in a way, mostly to serve the X part of the story?

'Cuz i agree, Inhumans, though royalty, the family at least, play a better role as secretive and remote. Times change, but you could still work with that.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I never read all of that story, but I think it mostly created more ties or relations between X/Mutant types and Inhumans, plus the KREE. So the Inhumans role was more "Space Opera-ific" in a way, mostly to serve the X part of the story?

'Cuz i agree, Inhumans, though royalty, the family at least, play a better role as secretive and remote. Times change, but you could still work with that.
    You mean because they had a space division when they made Vulcan as a space emperor/king?

Although there was a group of people that didn't like them coming out and being amongst humans, I liked the "They Live" (John Carpenter movie) twist they gave them because it was like a part 2 of when they first appeared in Fantastic Four, but on a bigger scale. They could've done more with it, especially with the Enilux Corporation that was kinda like inhuman Freemasons/Illuminati.

Astonishing Member

1) Thanks to everyone who answered to this, it shows there are fans and stories to be made of the Inhumans

2) Looks to be a whole new Inhuman will be made for the Avengers game.

3) After looking at what people want I think I have thought of the best main line Inhuman story on how it should proceed.
    First off the big elephant in the room being Death of the Inhumans. Thanks to Captain Marvel this book has been anockledge fully by others at Marvel which means the story going forward must acknowledge it to a degree, which I say the Universal Inhumans where the ones really masacared and survivors in hiding alongside the adult members of the House of Agon.

An unkown fate of their cosmic brothers and sisters the Inhumans of earth come together to go out among the stars however while making plans it comes clear on a number of things that a leader must be decided upon for making final decisions, after all they will need to establish proper peace talk with planets it will be important that they can move as one people. But this leads into who will be this leader, although it is accepted that only a New Attilian or Ennilux member could be chosen since they are not crippled kingdoms and have the most interactions with the rest of the people of earth. This would be both important for a grounded reason of "large superpowered groups are coming together make sure the earht govenments know they aren't taking over the planet" and a cosmic reason of "hey look we aren't mud apes of complete chaos, we are tech savvy and forthcoming". Another bit will be how much power will this leader have, a one kingdom would be literally impossible since each of these nations are way to different from each other to the main way they run themselves we have Democracy, Plutocracy, Monarchy, Matriarchy, and Theocracy which means if a one Kingdom is decided this is nothing but a big screw you to the others. Now they can't be one true Nation, they would need to allow each member enough freedom to make their own independent choices but if a call is made by this leader the others must do it. Now if you are thinking this is also impossible I say nay it isn't, as there is a real world example of this in modern times the Commonwealth realm, so the Inhuman Commonwealth is established but who to lead it?

Now for those who think Black Bolt would be the best choice a few problems with this 1) being he isn't there, he is in hiding with Medusa, the other adult members of the House of Agon, and the Universal Inhuman survivors. 2) Even if he wasn't in hiding does he actually have any right to be since he isn't the ruler of any of the nations gathered he doesn't really have a voice now this could be used as he is neutral but it would be obvious he would show New Attilian favourtism as well. 3) None of the others would want him, since his actions crippled 3/5 of the other Kingdoms, I don't see Ennilux seeing it as a smart choice to alienate its allies/clients, leaving New Attilan which I could see 25% of the population being ok with this even wanting him probally back as their full King as a Old Guard supporters, though the rest well those who like the Democracy won't want him being back as full force and to the Nuhumans this is the guy who completely changed their life and wasn't their to help them pick up the pieces. If the idea for Medusa well her relationship with 2/3 of the 3/5 other members of this Commonwealth would be better I feel this would be blined by her destroying the Cloud, Ennilux same reasoning, and New Attilian the Old Guard, and the Nuhumans are sort of switched with the Nuhumans if they had a Monarch with her it would be ok since she was there, the Old Guard would be in the same boat as the 3/5 Kingdoms.

So Iso or Ahura one of these two will be made its leader and while New Attilian leader does feel the best choice for leading there are a few problems with this 1) She might not be the leader in the future, the current political structure of New Attilian is way to much in the air and chaotic for 2/5 of the other Kingdoms to trust it, though Utolan might be a little more comfortable with a female leader a big problem actually might come from New Attilian itself since well her in crisis track record hasn't been the best. While handling Stark's occupation was good, she had fled to get help during the Mutant's, and as for Hydra's surrendered without a fight with no real plan. Ahura on ther otherhand Ennilux was the most less dependent on Terrigan so the clouds destruction didn't slow them down this I am betting would make it a look up to leading position for the other Inhuman kingdoms on what will we do, where will we go (also this is more of a head canon but Ennilux's Antigen device could help fix one of the Aerie's biggest problems) as for New Attilian well the help Iso ran to get was his that could sway some of those wanting to vote for their leader, but the biggest support would be the Royalist since it doesn't matter if either them get pick the heir to both their ideal throne is Ahura.

Ok so a system and leader is picked to go out into space to do what exactly, cause not going to lie the only way an Inhuman book could come out and not be absolutely pre hated on is if it is esstablished it will involve Inhumans leaving earth because of course these haters know what is best for them. Still while the main book would do this, main is the key word as this leaves it open for grounded teams and idviduals having stories on earth, infact it will be technically an expeditionary force still allowing the closer to home stories to be made. But of course any time the Inhumans went into space they had a reason, to the Moon? posion air, Hala? tired of being defensive.

So the reason I say isssss establishing an honest to God Inhuman planet which is fully Inhuman, because the Universal wouldn't fit in on earth, and if they can join as equals to others in the Intergalactic Council allowing extraterrestrial attacks being limited or they could face a coalition wrath. It also gives them sanctuary if their respective native planets ever went "we don't want you here". First though they need to find the missing Universal, then find an unoccupied world. Though spoilers it would be Hala, yes it is destroyed but mixing their Elementalist with Primeagin they could theoretically revive it, and with it having been abandon just call it free relastate. Also along the way they do their best establish good relations with others sharing what tech they can to aprove their standing so if a Kree group does come before they become part of the council it would be their buffer.

So the idea that combinds a little of what everyone wants, thoughts?

Astonishing Member

1) Thanks to everyone who answered to this, it shows there are fans and stories to be made of the Inhumans

2) Looks to be a whole new Inhuman will be made for the Avengers game.

3) After looking at what people want I think I have thought of the best main line Inhuman story on how it should proceed.
    First off the big elephant in the room being Death of the Inhumans. Thanks to Captain Marvel this book has been anockledge fully by others at Marvel which means the story going forward must acknowledge it to a degree, which I say the Universal Inhumans where the ones really masacared and survivors in hiding alongside the adult members of the House of Agon.

An unkown fate of their cosmic brothers and sisters the Inhumans of earth come together to go out among the stars however while making plans it comes clear on a number of things that a leader must be decided upon for making final decisions, after all they will need to establish proper peace talk with planets it will be important that they can move as one people. But this leads into who will be this leader, although it is accepted that only a New Attilian or Ennilux member could be chosen since they are not crippled kingdoms and have the most interactions with the rest of the people of earth. This would be both important for a grounded reason of "large superpowered groups are coming together make sure the earht govenments know they aren't taking over the planet" and a cosmic reason of "hey look we aren't mud apes of complete chaos, we are tech savvy and forthcoming". Another bit will be how much power will this leader have, a one kingdom would be literally impossible since each of these nations are way to different from each other to the main way they run themselves we have Democracy, Plutocracy, Monarchy, Matriarchy, and Theocracy which means if a one Kingdom is decided this is nothing but a big screw you to the others. Now they can't be one true Nation, they would need to allow each member enough freedom to make their own independent choices but if a call is made by this leader the others must do it. Now if you are thinking this is also impossible I say nay it isn't, as there is a real world example of this in modern times the Commonwealth realm, so the Inhuman Commonwealth is established but who to lead it?

Now for those who think Black Bolt would be the best choice a few problems with this 1) being he isn't there, he is in hiding with Medusa, the other adult members of the House of Agon, and the Universal Inhuman survivors. 2) Even if he wasn't in hiding does he actually have any right to be since he isn't the ruler of any of the nations gathered he doesn't really have a voice now this could be used as he is neutral but it would be obvious he would show New Attilian favourtism as well. 3) None of the others would want him, since his actions crippled 3/5 of the other Kingdoms, I don't see Ennilux seeing it as a smart choice to alienate its allies/clients, leaving New Attilan which I could see 25% of the population being ok with this even wanting him probally back as their full King as a Old Guard supporters, though the rest well those who like the Democracy won't want him being back as full force and to the Nuhumans this is the guy who completely changed their life and wasn't their to help them pick up the pieces. If the idea for Medusa well her relationship with 2/3 of the 3/5 other members of this Commonwealth would be better I feel this would be blined by her destroying the Cloud, Ennilux same reasoning, and New Attilian the Old Guard, and the Nuhumans are sort of switched with the Nuhumans if they had a Monarch with her it would be ok since she was there, the Old Guard would be in the same boat as the 3/5 Kingdoms.

So Iso or Ahura one of these two will be made its leader and while New Attilian leader does feel the best choice for leading there are a few problems with this 1) She might not be the leader in the future, the current political structure of New Attilian is way to much in the air and chaotic for 2/5 of the other Kingdoms to trust it, though Utolan might be a little more comfortable with a female leader a big problem actually might come from New Attilian itself since well her in crisis track record hasn't been the best. While handling Stark's occupation was good, she had fled to get help during the Mutant's, and as for Hydra's surrendered without a fight with no real plan. Ahura on ther otherhand Ennilux was the most less dependent on Terrigan so the clouds destruction didn't slow them down this I am betting would make it a look up to leading position for the other Inhuman kingdoms on what will we do, where will we go (also this is more of a head canon but Ennilux's Antigen device could help fix one of the Aerie's biggest problems) as for New Attilian well the help Iso ran to get was his that could sway some of those wanting to vote for their leader, but the biggest support would be the Royalist since it doesn't matter if either them get pick the heir to both their ideal throne is Ahura.

Ok so a system and leader is picked to go out into space to do what exactly, cause not going to lie the only way an Inhuman book could come out and not be absolutely pre hated on is if it is esstablished it will involve Inhumans leaving earth because of course these haters know what is best for them. Still while the main book would do this, main is the key word as this leaves it open for grounded teams and idviduals having stories on earth, infact it will be technically an expeditionary force still allowing the closer to home stories to be made. But of course any time the Inhumans went into space they had a reason, to the Moon? posion air, Hala? tired of being defensive.

So the reason I say isssss establishing an honest to God Inhuman planet which is fully Inhuman, because the Universal wouldn't fit in on earth, and if they can join as equals to others in the Intergalactic Council allowing extraterrestrial attacks being limited or they could face a coalition wrath. It also gives them sanctuary if their respective native planets ever went "we don't want you here". First though they need to find the missing Universal, then find an unoccupied world. Though spoilers it would be Hala, yes it is destroyed but mixing their Elementalist with Primeagin they could theoretically revive it, and with it having been abandon just call it free relastate. Also along the way they do their best establish good relations with others sharing what tech they can to aprove their standing so if a Kree group does come before they become part of the council it would be their buffer.

So the idea that combinds a little of what everyone wants, thoughts?
    I like this idea a lot. I'm not sure that it makes much sense for the Inhumans to coalesce into one kingdom but a confederacy of city-states is perfect. Everyone got hit hard in Death of the Inhumans and it's logical for them to want to pool together their resources knowing all they really have is each other.

Having a leader acceptable to everyone is a must but I kind of like Ahura representing Ennilux instead of leading an entire alliance. I don't know who else is a good fit though since I think Iso also works better leading her own faction in the form of the Nuhumans. Maybe Flint? He's both Nuhuman and would have the support of Utolan. Maybe a new character?

And I agree that sending the Inhumans into space burns the least bridges when they're eventually brought back. It's arguably when they were at their most prominent and they already have a highly praised book that's set in the cosmic corner. But I like your idea of them keeping those connections to Earth. You could definitely have a B-plot centered around say intergalactic arms trafficking with the Earthbound cities while you have another set of characters dealing with the main threat offworld.

Maybe you have two leaders, one that represents the Inhumans to the UN and other Earth-based organizations while the main leader represents them to the Galactic Council. I'm not 100% sure about giving them Hala since I like the idea of them being cosmic nomads discovering more about their heritage but they should absolutely have some territories to call their own.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I like this idea a lot. I'm not sure that it makes much sense for the Inhumans to coalesce into one kingdom but a confederacy of city-states is perfect. Everyone got hit hard in Death of the Inhumans and it's logical for them to want to pool together their resources knowing all they really have is each other.

Having a leader acceptable to everyone is a must but I kind of like Ahura representing Ennilux instead of leading an entire alliance. I don't know who else is a good fit though since I think Iso also works better leading her own faction in the form of the Nuhumans. Maybe Flint? He's both Nuhuman and would have the support of Utolan. Maybe a new character?

And I agree that sending the Inhumans into space burns the least bridges when they're eventually brought back. It's arguably when they were at their most prominent and they already have a highly praised book that's set in the cosmic corner. But I like your idea of them keeping those connections to Earth. You could definitely have a B-plot centered around say intergalactic arms trafficking with the Earthbound cities while you have another set of characters dealing with the main threat offworld.

Maybe you have two leaders, one that represents the Inhumans to the UN and other Earth-based organizations while the main leader represents them to the Galactic Council. I'm not 100% sure about giving them Hala since I like the idea of them being cosmic nomads discovering more about their heritage but they should absolutely have some territories to call their own.
    The 2 leader idea is cool reminds me a bit of Rome a mix of both its Emperors of the East and West, along side its 2 Consuls. Though mixing in your idea of no central planet but many we get the universal Inhumans to return to their native species planets and act as their Inhuman group's Consul. Each Consuls for a planet/group power decideds how theirs work so while earth would be federal another might be centralized. The Consul of the Stars is who will represent the Inhumans to the cosmic level and be responsible for all 5 cosmic influences.

honestly, i'd just like the chance to finish MOSAIC.

i think folks would have loved where I'd have taken it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    honestly, i'd just like the chance to finish MOSAIC.

i think folks would have loved where I'd have taken it.
    This right here
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”