Page 225 of 228 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228 LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 3417
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Didn't he admit it?

No he didn't. He twisted his words to do a non apology apology. while at the same time trying not to admit to anything.

"I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago. But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years."

Looking at IMDB Bryan Singer is still scheduled to do a bunch of movies in the future. Yet Gunn's Sony movie gets pulled. If accusations are enough to get Brett Ratner less work, how is it not good enough for Bryan Singer?

But making crude jokes is somehow on the same level as those shitheads.
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 07-22-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...-conan-a160248

looks like avengers got it's butt kicked by detective conan in japan. Are you crazy marvel! You don't go up on the same day as a detective conan film! That show is so big there it's got a airport and whole town named after it! (it's been on 20 years and over 800 episodes!)

Marvel should have known better.
    That is crazy. A whole town? An airport? Damn! Japan, you cray!!

So, changing the topic from the Gunn situation (because it's a ugly subject and we've all said what we need to, yeah?) what do ya'll think the likelihood is of a "Asgardians of the Galaxy" type movie coming down in the next Phase? Ragnarok was very well received, Thor hung with the GotG and not the Avengers in Infinity War, and Marvel is about to launch the "AotG" series with the Destroyer and Valkyrie and whoever else.

So, in four-six years do you think we'll see a film with a Asgard/GotG mix? Would that be a solid followup to the Thor and GotG franchises, since one of them has finished their trilogy (and Hemsworth's current contract is ending) and the other is getting close to finishing their's (and the Gunn show might've tainted the IP in Disney's eyes)?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...-conan-a160248

looks like avengers got it's butt kicked by detective conan in japan. Are you crazy marvel! You don't go up on the same day as a detective conan film!
    Sadly the rivalling Sherlock the Barbarian franchise never got off the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

So, changing the topic from the Gunn situation (because it's a ugly subject and we've all said what we need to, yeah?) what do ya'll think the likelihood is of a "Asgardians of the Galaxy" type movie coming down in the next Phase? Ragnarok was very well received, Thor hung with the GotG and not the Avengers in Infinity War, and Marvel is about to launch the "AotG" series with the Destroyer and Valkyrie and whoever else.

So, in four-six years do you think we'll see a film with a Asgard/GotG mix? Would that be a solid followup to the Thor and GotG franchises, since one of them has finished their trilogy (and Hemsworth's current contract is ending) and the other is getting close to finishing their's (and the Gunn show might've tainted the IP in Disney's eyes)?
    I thought the Eternals are gonna be their Asgardian back-up so maybe it might the "Eternals of the Galaxy"?

I think if they do another Thor film, his new Warrior three might be Groot/Drax/Rocket?

Tbh I could see them handing the reigns over to someone else or switch gears, splitting them up, use the ravagers instead? but an Asgard/Guardian mashup is possible. They could do always a version of Fearless Defenders. Valkryie recruits the Marvel heroines to be the new Valkryies.

BANNED

I think that's very likely. You know in the comics the Phoenix appears in Asgardian stuff and Jeen visited Asgard on her Qwest to learn how to fight the Phoenix. And Sophie Turner has already said she would like to be an Avenger with the Disney/Fox movie about to close.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And Sophie Turner has already said she would like to be an Avenger with the Disney/Fox movie about to close.
    Unfortunately for her, what she would like and what will happen are unlikely to be similar.

I hope Thor dies a heroic death so we wont have to suffer a ridiculous "Asgardians of the Galaxy" film. I used that tagline as a joke when I first saw Ragnarok to describe how I felt about the film. I'm in the minority, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought the Eternals are gonna be their Asgardian back-up so maybe it might the "Eternals of the Galaxy"?

I think if they do another Thor film, his new Warrior three might be Groot/Drax/Rocket?

Tbh I could see them handing the reigns over to someone else or switch gears, splitting them up, use the ravagers instead? but an Asgard/Guardian mashup is possible. They could do always a version of Fearless Defenders. Valkryie recruits the Marvel heroines to be the new Valkryies.
    I suppose what happens with Thor will depend on what happens with Hemsworth. I read that he's interested in continuing as Thor. And I'd honestly like to see him keep the role a while longer, since Marvel finally figured out a workable approach for him. But if he doesnt re-up his contract, who knows what they'll do?

Jane-Thor seems awfully likely of course. And the Eternals could easily fill the niche left by the Asgardians. So.....who knows, right?

The Guardians end of things feels totally up in the air right now too. Gunn planned on finishing things with the main cast in GotG-3, but who knows what will happen now.

I could see Marvel running a GotG-3 to finish off contracts and the trilogy, and then combing that franchise with Thor as the Asgardians of the Galaxy, combing some of the newer actors from both IP's into one film (Mantis, Valkyrie, Skurge, whoever it was that Stallone played, etc).

Or they might just do GotG-4. Or leave the IP alone for a while.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    I hope Thor dies a heroic death so we wont have to suffer a ridiculous "Asgardians of the Galaxy" film. I used that tagline as a joke when I first saw Ragnarok to describe how I felt about the film. I'm in the minority, but whatever.
    I'd rather see Waititi direct the next Guardians movie then try his hand at another Thor film, personally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Thor being dead isn't necessarily going to stop or slow down an Asgardians of the Galaxy film.

And it's not as if there haven't been other Thors in comics.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I suppose what happens with Thor will depend on what happens with Hemsworth. I read that he's interested in continuing as Thor. And I'd honestly like to see him keep the role a while longer, since Marvel finally figured out a workable approach for him. But if he doesnt re-up his contract, who knows what they'll do?

Jane-Thor seems awfully likely of course. And the Eternals could easily fill the niche left by the Asgardians. So.....who knows, right?

The Guardians end of things feels totally up in the air right now too. Gunn planned on finishing things with the main cast in GotG-3, but who knows what will happen now.

I could see Marvel running a GotG-3 to finish off contracts and the trilogy, and then combing that franchise with Thor as the Asgardians of the Galaxy, combing some of the newer actors from both IP's into one film (Mantis, Valkyrie, Skurge, whoever it was that Stallone played, etc).

Or they might just do GotG-4. Or leave the IP alone for a while.
    I doubt we'll ever see Jane-Thor, but I can see them making Valkyrie-Thor after Hemsworth is done (depending on how interested the actress is in playing the role)

I don't see them making a new Thor in general.

I think Marvel is more likely to focus on other heroes and properties for a while rather then rushing into replacing or introducing legacy versions of The Avengers Trinity.

Maybe 10 years from now, but I think it's still an if.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    I doubt we'll ever see Jane-Thor, but I can see them making Valkyrie-Thor after Hemsworth is done (depending on how interested the actress is in playing the role)
    What is the point of that though?

Just make a Valkrye movie lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see them making a new Thor in general.

I think Marvel is more likely to focus on other heroes and properties for a while rather then rushing into replacing or introducing legacy versions of The Avengers Trinity.

Maybe 10 years from now, but I think it's still an if.
    Ditto. With Mjolnir gone anyway and Mjolnir hasn't been shown to give others "the power of Thor" anyway.

I could see a Legacy Captain America (its just a mantle) but Thor? nah
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ditto. With Mjolnir gone anyway and Mjolnir hasn't been shown to give others "the power of Thor" anyway.
    Yeah, Ragnarok changed Mjolnir's function and necessity enough to where I don't see them doing anything close to resembling the JaneThor story.
    I could see a Legacy Captain America (its just a mantle) but Thor? nah
    I think a legacy Captain America is probably the most likely to happen but Feige has said that, as far a he's concerned, Chris Evans is Cap, so I don't think they'll rush to introduce a new Cap.

I doubt they'll rush into any replacements or legacies any time soon. Which is fine with me, Marvel has thousands of characters at their disposal; use some of them before trying to convince people to see a Captain America movie where it's not Evans in the suit. But that doesn't mean they won't go there at all.

Jane-Thor especially has proven highly popular. I could easily see the MCU trying their hand at that story once Hemsworth steps back. It won't be with Portman, but they've recast bigger roles than Jane Foster. And it won't be with Mjolnir (unless Peter Dinklage re-forges it) but you can always write around it and find a new way in.

And it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to make either Stan or Mackie the new Captain America once Evans leaves. I dunno if they'll go there, and I won't be surprised if they don't, but it won't surprise me if they do. It's a viable option, yknow?

~ Black Panther.