Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    It's important to note that tom king writes many characters out of character examples like batman and mister miracle come to mind.
    I wonder how much of that is due to the fact that the stories he pitched to Editorial were supposed to feature a different character from the one in the final product? Even King himself stated that all the main characters in Heroes in Crisis were proposed by Editorial.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I wonder how much of that is due to the fact that the stories he pitched to Editorial were supposed to feature a different character from the one in the final product? Even King himself stated that all the main characters in Heroes in Crisis were proposed by Editorial.
    I'm sure batman is 100% his take due to DC getting him off batman due to tanking sales and cutting his run short.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I'm sure batman is 100% his take due to DC getting him off batman due to tanking sales and cutting his run short.
    Is it that bad? Last time I read Batman consistently was during Snyder's Night of the Owls. After that, it was only casually, and I have not been following King's run at all. The whole Knightfall re-do is a turn off (not because of Knightfall, but because in general, I am not a fan of revisiting classic storylines in this medium).

I have to say that, generally, I am reading (and enjoying) far more 90s comics nowadays than in the actual 90s.

It must be a sorry state that of DC comics nowadays. It feels so.... small.

BANNED

Is it that bad? Last time I read Batman consistently was during Snyder's Night of the Owls. After that, it was only casually, and I have not been following King's run at all. The whole Knightfall re-do is a turn off (not because of Knightfall, but because in general, I am not a fan of revisiting classic storylines in this medium).

I have to say that, generally, I am reading (and enjoying) far more 90s comics nowadays than in the actual 90s.

It must be a sorry state that of DC comics nowadays. It feels so.... small.
    Sadly I feel like that on the entire comic book industry.

Incredible Member

If you would have to introduce Kyle in a GL movie, how would you guys do it?

If you would have to introduce Kyle in a GL movie, how would you guys do it?
    Well, the whole "i'm the last space smurf cause reasons, would you please take that very suspicious green ring Kyle and save the galaxy?" could be done quite easily i think.

You don't even need to explain anything to the audiance at first, Kyle being clueless about what a GL is, we and he learn what we and he need to know as the story progresses.

It could be even easier to set up than the whole pilot thing of Hal.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

If this would be the first GL movie without building up the whole GL mythology via Hal, I would make that people don't really know about the GL.

Hal was around but a few years ago he went off into a mission into space and hasn't been back for awhile so people know about the idea of GL but in the distance.

Kyle gets a ring from Ganthet like the original but with a touch of Princess Lia asking Obi Wan for his help and disappers.Kyle takes the ring and goes through the regular super hero rookie learning the ropes story and a viallin pops up that he fights.

At the end though he decides to go into space to find Hal to find out what happened from picking up hints and small clues throughout the movie about the GL corps and the bigger mythology that he is a part of.

In the next movie you can introduce and explore with Kyle the rest of the GL story.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

I know I am not impartial, but I think that going with Kyle is probably the best way to introduce the GL mythos to a new audience.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    If this would be the first GL movie without building up the whole GL mythology via Hal, I would make that people don't really know about the GL.

Hal was around but a few years ago he went off into a mission into space and hasn't been back for awhile so people know about the idea of GL but in the distance.

Kyle gets a ring from Ganthet like the original but with a touch of Princess Lia asking Obi Wan for his help and disappers.Kyle takes the ring and goes through the regular super hero rookie learning the ropes story and a viallin pops up that he fights.

At the end though he decides to go into space to find Hal to find out what happened from picking up hints and small clues throughout the movie about the GL corps and the bigger mythology that he is a part of.

In the next movie you can introduce and explore with Kyle the rest of the GL story.
    I would like it! So it'll never happen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I would like it! So it'll never happen

i lost faith in DC handling Kyle in outside media years ago...

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

I liked this costume, but I am glad Kyle went back to the original one.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I miss Darryl Banks' work on Green Lantern....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

I like it it looks like a combination of his two customs with the outfit and his old mask.

Just hanging out with my Lantern .