Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I highly doubt now that the Spider-Gwen/Spider-Woman/Silk movie is made. Seeing as they are fast tracking Spider-Verse 2, I think that movie was already far off and, with this news about Latour and Rodriguez and now McGuire's stories, I would be very surprised if Sony moved forward with the character.
    I guess it probably depends on a lot of factors now (probably factors Marvel themselves are reviewing at the moment).

Corporations will be corporations.

She might not be a character who can sustain a ongoing, but she's a character who sells t-shirts and other merchandise which vastly outnumbers comic sales. Marvel's response will be similar to their response of how the police is using the Punisher logo. "Here's a page of a comic book of a while back where he condemns these actions. Also, those two haven't worked for us for a while and will be blacklisted in the future".

This is probably a non-issue for Sony. Probably no one from the production is even aware of what's happening. Absolutely no mainstream publication is talking about this, only comic book news sites and circles are aware of the situation.

Worse case scenario, Gwen gets retconned into being from 616 and the events from Latour's and Rodriguez' series will be entirely ignored.

I think the writing's been on the wall that they would retcon her or permanently stick her in 616 for a while now. It's really now a question of how they're going to do it moving forward and how smooth a transition it is. I guess they won't be just introducing some stand-ins for the Mary Janes because that was a Latour thing and I don't know what they'll do about her dad.

I highly doubt all these allegations from the former creators is going to effect how the character is now. It’s all just speculation at this point for all we know they could just keep her as is and completely axe her run and have her make guest appearances here and there in champions, miles or Peter’s run. Personally I think it is going to come down to how Sony handles the character in their upcoming projects moving forward...possibly, we just have to wait and see what happens. I’m not fan of Maguire’s run on the character so if it does get cancelled down the line or they hand to a different team I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.

Maguire's run already ended, issue 10 was the last. For now, the only thing that we know of her future is that she's going to show up in the Sins Rising event in september.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the writing's been on the wall that they would retcon her or permanently stick her in 616 for a while now. It's really now a question of how they're going to do it moving forward and how smooth a transition it is. I guess they won't be just introducing some stand-ins for the Mary Janes because that was a Latour thing and I don't know what they'll do about her dad.
    She's in 616 full time already spoilers:
    (got blackmailed into leaving Earth-65 New York by her world's Sue Storm)
    end of spoilers, but the supporting cast stayed behind. If she doesn't get another solo book any time soon, she simply won't be going home.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Best thing they can do for her now is have her stay in the Marvel Universe for a few years (our time). And then have Gwen return there (65) and be surprised at the status quo changes for a story or event.

Play up the fact on what Jackal and the Storm siblings have been doing there while Gwen’s been away. Have the Mary Janes mad at her, etc.

Problem now is how do you use her in 616 for the next few years (not counting Spider-Man family events or Outlawed).

Spider-Woman and Silk already fill certain niches.

Does she team up Anya? Does she join a team like Champions? How do you make another supporting cast for her.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-24-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Best thing they can do for her now is have her stay in the Marvel Universe for a few years (our time). And then have Gwen return there (65) and be surprised at the status quo changes for a story or event.

Play up the fact on what Jackal and the Storm siblings have been doing there while Gwen’s been away. Have the Mary Janes mad at her, etc.

Problem now is how do you use her in 616 for the next few years (not counting Spider-Man family events or Outlawed).

Spider-Woman and Silk already fill certain niches.

Does she team up Anya? Does she join a team like Champions? How do you make another supporting cast for her.
    Exactly: these are the reasons why I think Marvel should just quietly put her in obscurity.

Extraordinary Member

Not going to happen. She’s already on everything from cartoons to Into the Spider-Verse.

Only thing she’s missing is MCU appearance.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s in Miles’s upcoming video game.

At this point you can’t put her in a bottle in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Not going to happen. She’s already on everything from cartoons to Into the Spider-Verse.

Only thing she’s missing is MCU appearance.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s in Miles’s upcoming video game.

At this point you can’t put her in a bottle in comics.
    Then what are they going to do with her?

A Power Man and Iron Fist inspired new series, Ghost-Spider-Girl, starring Anya and Gwen.

A combination of adjusting to a new setting alongside some multiverse shenanigans thrown in there. Anya knows how to play guitar, so they could start a new band.

No honestly, I think this might happen. Marvel is suddenly pushing Anya and Gwen has just moved to 616, I predict there will be a series where they will both be the protagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    A Power Man and Iron Fist inspired new series, Ghost-Spider-Girl, starring Anya and Gwen.

A combination of adjusting to a new setting alongside some multiverse shenanigans thrown in there. Anya knows how to play guitar, so they could start a new band.

No honestly, I think this might happen. Marvel is suddenly pushing Anya and Gwen has just moved to 616, I predict there will be a series where they will both be the protagonists.
    I'd read that. Get a good creative team and you got a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

And you get surprise cartoon synergy .

Extraordinary Member

These stories get worse and worse.