Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batman: Earth One Volume 3 finished, waiting on release date.

https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-ea...o-geoff-johns/

Johns says it was finished in June, just waiting on DC to name a release date. Been waiting for this to be done forever.

Finally, was afraid this book wasn’t going to happen.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

:d:d:d yay :d:d:d

so based on the last volume, we should see Selina Kyle / Catwoman, a twist on two-face with Jessica Dent with a split personality, debut of the Batcave and Batmobile, and very possibly Barbara Gordon / Batgirl?

Yay! I thought this was dead. I loved the previous two volumes, especially the first, and am looking forward to seeing how the story and setting continues. Any clue if more villains will show up?

Extraordinary Member

Didn’t like Vol. 1, thought Vol. 2 was an improvement, and have greater hope for Johns on Batman once he’s further removed from the origin.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

I wasn't a fan of v2, personally. Loved v1! Hopefully I'll like v3 more.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Damn, I didn't even realize Earth One was still ongoing - what a pleasant surprise.

I enjoyed both volumes as interesting takes, making Bruce so fallible is cool, hopefully we'll get a better villain this time around.

Maybe we will one day get a third volume on Morrison's Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    so based on the last volume, we should see Selina Kyle / Catwoman, a twist on two-face with Jessica Dent with a split personality, debut of the Batcave and Batmobile, and very possibly Barbara Gordon / Batgirl?
    If Johns tries to bring it all together with the third novel, yes. I think we saw a sketch of Selina as Catwoman at least.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Damn, I didn't even realize Earth One was still ongoing - what a pleasant surprise.
    There's a second Green Lantern one coming out in August. Manapul has also shown artwork for his Aquaman one, but no word on a release. They announced a Flash one but it never went anywhere.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Three Jokers might've been better in Earth One rather than in main continuity.

I like Earth one but i prefer Telltale's take or Beware the Batman more.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    There's a second Green Lantern one coming out in August. Manapul has also shown artwork for his Aquaman one, but no word on a release. They announced a Flash one but it never went anywhere.
    Aquaman was being retooled to be a 5G book, but that line appears to be dead, so maybe it will still come out? Flash won't happen with JMS retired from Comics. Morrison has plans for a third volume of Wonder Woman. Looking forward to Green Lantern, first volume was awesome!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Oh snap, cool I loved the GL Earth One book I'll keep an eye out for it

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I love the EO line. I wish we got them more often. They are about the only "ongoing" DC thing I'm getting these days. And their Batman is one of my favorite versions of the character. Looking forward to this. Hopefully it will be out before the end of the year.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Count me in.

Enjoyed the first 2.

Generally like "Elseworlds" - where there's more creative freedom and greater focus/effort can be placed on telling a good story.