Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

YES! Pleeeeeease bring Myndi back! I read all her dialogue in the voice of Karen Walker (Anastasia Beaverhausen) and it was a hoot! She'd be very useful in getting the Amazon Embassy's message across.

Wow, I didn't expect to see such an obscure character again! I guess I can forgive the series for Gotham in the next issue.

MYNDI MAYER 7.jpg

I kind of miss her bob and generally overwhelming tackiness (the cigarettes in a holder, white fur, way too much jewelry and her saying "sweet thing") but this was a great update. You can be just as obnoxious with a little dog as a cigarette. Loved the pov until the reveal and Colleen Doran impressed me in ways she hasn't before and I've always been impressed by her. Diana apparently has cellulite, that exuberant cover and she even slipped in Myndi's assistant with the wild hair. Hopefully Myndi sticks around and they give us subtle clues that she's still on drugs. That was the biggest shocker of the Perez era.

I made a big speech on another thread about disliking anthologies but so far Sensational has been just that!

Step down this week in my opinion from the Artemis and Myndi issues imo. Though I guess it was nice to see how outclassed Bruce's villains are in comparison to Diana or the two interacting with no hint of a romance.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Step down this week in my opinion from the Artemis and Myndi issues imo. Though I guess it was nice to see how outclassed Bruce's villains are in comparison to Diana or the two interacting with no hint of a romance.
    I think it was much better than issue 4. Where ww was shown as a helpless ant next to mongul and was nothing without her sword and shield. And the fact they had to run away before mongul gets up. Very poor. You can not find any recent story of ww, canon or not. Where she does well against a heavy hitter and on the merit of her own power. Very sad how sexism has csptured the most iconic heroine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Myndi Mayer was one of f my favorite characters from the Perez age & I really liked this fresh take on her. Still shallow and dangerously driven to be in Wonder Woman’s orbit, but she had a point about using Diana’s merchandising potential to help the poor and disenfranchised.

I know that these stories don’t necessarily take place in continuity, but I would love to see Myndi again in the main books somewhere. I think she’d be a great addition to the supporting cast and bring some much needed levity to the WW books, but let’s spare her the drug addiction (and eventual murder) her predecessor endured.

The two Blue Snowman issues from this week and last week were okay though the ending with Cale seemed to setup for a face off with her which is odd as that's not in the next few solicitations.

Art was cool though for the most part. There was a weird up skirt shot.

Yeah, the upskirt shot was weird. Especially because people have been taken off Wonder Woman for less. But I liked the spread page overall.

I think this chapter was a bit too exposition-heavy. Didn't quite stick the landing for me. Learning about Blue Snowman was cool, though.

I really liked the story. It felt a bit Marstonian. But I agree about that upskirt shot. It took me right out of the story.

So happy Blue Snowman is getting some love. I hope we get more stories that focus on C-list villains.

I liked the art for this issue and interesting setup but another one where we won't get the full story 'till next week.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I was not a fan of the art, there were times where her skirt practically disappeared and she was just all legs.

Strange how the art tried to be sketchy and provocative at the same time, like all the details they could manage were panty shots and cleavage. I'm fine with cheesecake but that wasn't it.

The story in 9 though finally forced me to see the benefits in the post Rebirth timeline. Read it transfixed, what is Alanzo going to do about Katie?

I agree, it used the new timeline very well. I would love to see Katie again whenever stories dive into Diana's past. She could be a re-curring character.

Overall the story was just so wholesome. One of my favourites so far. I read the two Chapters in one go and think I'll stay with a biweekly approach from now on. Except when it's a one Chapter story anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I agree, it used the new timeline very well. I would love to see Katie again whenever stories dive into Diana's past. She could be a re-curring character.

Overall the story was just so wholesome. One of my favourites so far. I read the two Chapters in one go and think I'll stay with a biweekly approach from now on. Except when it's a one Chapter story anyway.
    I think that’s a smart call, these two-parters so far read better in one sitting.