Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Teen Titans: Earth One - vol 2

TEEN TITANS EARTH ONE VOL. 2 HC

Written by JEFF LEMIRE • Art and cover by ANDY MacDONALD

After months on the run from the twisted project that created them, Cyborg, Terra, Beast Boy and Garth are near their breaking point, barely surviving on what they can steal, squatting in the ruins of an abandoned subdivision. But as they reach their lowest ebb, their creator, Dr. Niles Caulder, is ready to make his move…and they’re about to learn that they weren’t the only kids to go through Caulder’s twisted process! There are more children with powers out there, and unlike our heroes, they were raised for only one purpose—to be the living weapons Caulder wants ALL his Titans to be! Writer Jeff Lemire (GREEN ARROW, ANIMAL MAN) teams up with artist Andy MacDonald (THE NEW 52: FUTURES’ END) to deliver the next chapter in the Earth One series!

On sale AUGUST 10 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US
    Cute to see the Wally, Donna and Dick appear.

...oh dear.

I'll explain more on Friday. Let's just say that there's a possible problem here, and I can't talk about it until Friday.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    ...oh dear.

I'll explain more on Friday. Let's just say that there's a possible problem here, and I can't talk about it until Friday.
    Wot.

Also, I don't think that's Dick or Donna. More like Kole and Cassie.

Good good.

...oh dear.

Alright, I'm curious now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Alright, I'm curious now.
    Because Jeff Lemire signed an exclusive contract with Marvel last year that forbids him to do work for a rival publisher.

Oh, that? That's been mentioned a few times in threads where this was mentioned. I think the assumption is this may be grandfathered out since it was likely written beforehand.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Oh, that? That's been mentioned a few times in threads where this was mentioned. I think the assumption is this may be grandfathered out since it was likely written beforehand.
    Yeah, his contract for this is already under way, so this should be fine.

I just don't get the reference to Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Because Jeff Lemire signed an exclusive contract with Marvel last year that forbids him to do work for a rival publisher.
    No, no. It's something else. Basically, I'm envisioning a story problem (which may be a complete non-problem), but again, I'll get into it on Friday for reasons that will become clear...on Friday.

Actually, I will say this much: it's weird that Wally would be in the book when the Earth One Flash hasn't been introduced yet (and I don't know that we have a date for JMS's book). I know that the Earth One books are goofy because their continuity is sort of independent of each other (Morrison's theory that the Earth is "cooling"), but it'd be very weird to have a Wally who's independent of Barry.
    Last edited by resipsaloquitur; 03-27-2016 at 04:59 PM.

BANNED

So you will tell us something on April's fool's day, that sounds reassuring mister!

Will Cyborg do something else asides of punching hard in this one?

Classic Wally is back... in a way.... That is all I needed to know, called my LCS and pre-ordered.

BAM!
    I have no beef with Vegans

BANNED

No, no. It's something else. Basically, I'm envisioning a story problem (which may be a complete non-problem), but again, I'll get into it on Friday for reasons that will become clear...on Friday.

Actually, I will say this much: it's weird that Wally would be in the book when the Earth One Flash hasn't been introduced yet (and I don't know that we have a date for JMS's book). I know that the Earth One books are goofy because their continuity is sort of independent of each other (Morrison's theory that the Earth is "cooling"), but it'd be very weird to have a Wally who's independent of Barry.
    You do realize that this Earth One book is not on the same planet as the rest (or any) of them yeah? No matter what Morrison might otherwise be thinking, the Earth One line is the same as Elseworlds it's just not as inventive yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    You do realize that this Earth One book is not on the same planet as the rest (or any) of them yeah? No matter what Morrison might otherwise be thinking, the Earth One line is the same as Elseworlds it's just not as inventive yet.
    You're ignoring the Multiversity Guidebook's staement that all the Earth One books, including TT, are on the same world. The Earth is "cooling" and there are hiccups as a result.

OK, I promised to talk about this Friday, so here it is. Spoilers below if you don't wanna know.

spoilers:
    Really, last chance.

OK, so I read an advance copy of Wonder Woman: Earth One. Donna Troy appears in it. It's unmistakably Donna: they call her "Troia" and she's in a variant of her classic Perez-era costume.

The odd question is what this means for the Teen Titans stories since that's clearly a Wonder Girl on the cover. If it's a "Donna," then that's goofy. If it's "Cassie," then it's less goofy, although as with Wally, it raises the question of how you can have a Kid Flash and a Wonder Girl if these characters haven't met their "parent" inspirations yet.

Of course, all this is negated if Teen Titans is in its own continuity. If. The Earth One line is in a weird place right now, with Morrison saying that they're all on the same Earth, but it's "cooling" and the continuity is still loose. Meanwhile, Lemire made comments that it was on its own world.

I hope this gets resolved down the line. I was excited when Donna showed up in Wonder Woman because it had potential implications for the Teen Titans stories. Now, I'm just confused.
    end of spoilers