Page 103 of 772 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    spoilers:
    Storm says she replaced a countries gods, but when she ask for a sword, that's over the line. Lol
    end of spoilers
    Exactly. It made no sense. And the ramonda speech I was literally face palming.

In x-men spoilers:
    it looks like my boy synch is destined for omega hood. Lol
    That was some upgrade.
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly. It made no sense. And the ramonda speech I was literally face palming.

In x-men spoilers:
    it looks like my boy synch is destined for omega hood. Lol
    That was some upgrade.
    end of spoilers
    And the characters say nothing. It took both storm and brother voodoo to basically say nothing. I just..
    Everybody had a dumb speech.

Oh and storms spoilers:
    "tchalla I thought you would be happy to see your friends" when she flies in just to inform him they are there. Like use a comm storm."
    end of spoilers I just don't think he cares for tchalla at all.

And was it ever advertised to artist would be working on the main story. Very jarring
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-24-2021 at 07:01 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

And the characters say nothing. It took both storm and brother voodoo to basically say nothing. I just..
    Everybody had a dumb speech.

Oh and storms spoilers:
    "tchalla I thought you would be happy to see your friends" when she flies in just to inform him they are there. Like use a comm storm."
    end of spoilers I just don't think he cares for tchalla at all.

And was it ever advertised to artist would be working on the main story. Very jarring
    I’m just happy this clown is gonna be leaving Black Panther for good. But of course he’s burning everything down on his way out.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Nothing happened. The story did not move forward at all. spoilers:
    Storm says she replaced the Orisha but also joined them somehow. How can you replace something that nobody knows what it is. Tchalla gives a long boring speech that i'm sure pretty much no one cared about despite someone of course saying "greatest speech ever." ramonda wants to give reparations to ogres for stealing their land in the past and offer them HONOR in return." art wasn't even consistent in the book. The best part was the back up Story where Storm saves a new mutant and brings her to krakoa, a girl who lived close to Storm homeland. The writer really got Storm voice, pleasantly suprised. Art was beautiful too and the Acuna parts was good. Other than that this was a hot mess for how long it took especially.
    end of spoilers

In other news Synch did that in x-men.
    I see thanks for the info

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I can FINALLY talk about the BP issue and Marvel Voices.

Both were exceptional and well-written. These are stories I want to read.

spoilers:
    Storm finally acknowledges that she is a part of the wakandan pantheon and works with the Wakandans to prepare to battle the invasion that the orisha help instigate. Thinking Coates is about to set our girl up to fight the orisha

Marvel voices we see for the first time in ages ororo's connection with the planet emphasized and she helps to teach a new generation of young mutants
    end of spoilers

The bottom of the line what a great day to be a storm fan. the next couple of months should be really good buckle up!

its now canon babies and official. its time for the X-offices to step their game up:

I will give a review of both issues a little later.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-24-2021 at 09:16 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Such great Storm news!

Thank you for sharing it, butterflykyss!

We need Storm to cleanse our planet of all the impurities, especially this coronavirus!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Such great Storm news!

Thank you for sharing it, butterflykyss!

We need Storm to cleanse our planet of all the impurities, especially this coronavirus!!
    yas beloved when I read the issues I was freaking over the moon. seeing a lot of great responses about the stories over on social media too!!

if you get a chance check out the issue friend!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Black Panther 23 Review

spoilers:
    The issue starts where we left off in issue 22. The galactic Wakandan memories are restored based to the ancestors' sacrifice and it results in chaos among N'Jadaka forces. N'Jadaka destroys the ships of his own army as some of the Wakandan who memories are restored begin to fight back. He is in a seemingly weakened state due to not being able to control the symbiote and has an internal dialogue with the symbiote essence. With the gate to wakandan prime disabled the Symbiote essence states they will strike the Wakandan empire with the strength of Gods.

The story shifts back to Wakanda Prime where Tchalla gives a riveting speech ahead of the invasion they are expecting from N'Jadaka and his forces. He honors Nakia's sacrifice and ask if she made the ultimate sacrifice what will they do. It then cuts to Zenzi and Bast having a conversation where Zenzi expresses that N'Jadaka is growing weak do to not being able to properly host the symbiote but Bast reassures her the orisha are never alone.

Back in Wakanda prime, the Orisha said have assembled after T'Challa speech. Shuri believes this to be a sign they are there to support in their fight against the galatic wakandans but Ororo cautions that their silence is not an indication of their favor. It is here that she finally accepts her godhead and states she is a part of the Wakandan Pantheon. Jericho agrees with Storm to be cautious of the Orisha presence.

The story the transitions to another location in Wakanda where Ramonda and one of he Mages go to the portal that was closed that locked away the original wakandans. The originators are insulted by her presence and Ramonda essential states she cannot undo the past but can offer them another land in the skies as a form of reparation if they agree to help fight against the common threat that will soon invade wakanda.

The story then shifts back to Ororo and Tchalla. Though Ororo tries to reassure him, he is unsettled by the Orishas presence and believes the wakandans are being setup. Bast appears and she with the help of the Orisha open a portal that allo Njadaka forces to invade Wakanda. The issue ends with the heroes flying towards the portal for the final battle
    end of spoilers

This issue was primarily setup for the last arc of Coates' run but I thought both the story and art were beautiful. Coates ability to take real-world issues (such as reparations) and connecting it in a meaningful way into his story is masterfully done. Wherever you may fall on the topic it causes the reader at least to think about these polarizing topics, which is very much purposeful. Also, seeing these black heroes assembled to help tchalla against this common threat was a nice visual seeing we are in Black history month. This issue is a reminder of the strength of tchalla as leader. The interactions felt very much so organic and not robotic. It was refreshing to see. His ability to inspire and to also have enough foresight to see when he is being duped. I'm very excited for the next few issues it should be pretty epic.

Marvel Voices Review

I want give a spoilers of this one but Saint Bodhi from Def Jam does a beautiful job very concisely capturing the characteristics of Ororo that we all as fans love. One thing I will say is that she wrote a detail that hasn't been seen for a very a long time

spoilers:
    ororo senses the earth is being damaged in her sleep
    end of spoilers

I cant recall a recent time a current writer remembered this detail about our girl.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-24-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Knullified Storm appears in Return of the Valkyries. There's a 1:1 fight

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Knullified Storm appears in Return of the Valkyries. There's a 1:1 fight
    oh thats cute. how did that end up?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh thats cute. how did that end up?
    spoilers:

Storm rushed to choke her but got struck with her sword. The valkyrie got distracted and Storm hit her with a lightning strike. The valkyrie then reached out for a gold sword that came from the sky but Knull appeared and flung it away as he knullified her
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

Storm rushed to choke her but got struck with her sword. The valkyrie got distracted and Storm hit her with a lightning strike. The valkyrie then reached out for a gold sword that came from the sky but Knull appeared and flung it away as he knullified her
    end of spoilers
    lolol so lightning lass persists even in her knullified form lol. thank you havok

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol so lightning lass persists even in her knullified form lol. thank you havok
    The visuals at least looked good. I liked how the lightning was drawn with the starburst
    effects

The visuals at least looked good. I liked how the lightning was drawn with the starburst
    effects
    yea I actually did like that detail. if the gone do lightning lass at least change the visuals up a bit.