Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Still no answer about Nate being so out of character. He is dying (why?), he finds a life seed (where?) so he justs decides to become a delusional Messiah.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This arc needed no more than four issues and a singular story and it took ten with at least three different primary stories. The most lasting of which is the least consequential.
    The arc was not even needed. House of M and Age of X did not need arcs. UXM #1 could have started off with the mention of the vaccine and then one big confrontation with Nate/Legion with everyone disappearing at the end. Maybe an epilogue that teases the story will remain in the real 616 while the event takes place in the minis. Issue #2, return of Cyclops, Wolverine and whoever else. Excitement as both stories unfold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Still no answer about Nate being so out of character. He is dying (why?), he finds a life seed (where?) so he justs decides to become a delusional Messiah. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I wouldn't bother, don't think enough people care.

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, while the Death Seed is normally shown to be the one to drive people nuts, the Life Seed did a number on Warren too. So, I guess that actually does make some sense. Not sure about all the other stuff.

Plus, well, this really could have been cut by several issues.

People not caring about Nate is a good reason why someone should've stopped the X-Office from abruptly doing two events with zero build-up about a niche 90's character with a convoluted backstory. People not caring about Nate is not a good excuse for the story not getting into its main antagonist's head and making it clear why they are where they are. Someone picked him. It's their job to make the audience care, even if they've never read about him before.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    People not caring about Nate is a good reason why someone should've stopped the X-Office from abruptly doing two events with zero build-up about a niche 90's character with a convoluted backstory. People not caring about Nate is not a good excuse for the story not getting into its main antagonist's head and making it clear why they are where they are. Someone picked him. It's their job to make the audience care, even if they've never read about him before.
    Who said otherwise? Anyhoo, lil' too little, a lil' too late.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Considering the way the comic’s been written so far, this is probably all part of a larger plan by Jean.
    I wasn't far off the mark. Making Jean look good (and the rest off the X-Men look like worthless, nihilistic, mean-spirited action figures) and setting up the Age of Waaaaaah-Man were the only directives the three stooges seem to have.

BANNED

I wasn't far off the mark. Making Jean look good (and the rest off the X-Men look like worthless, nihilistic, mean-spirited action figures) and setting up the Age of Waaaaaah-Man were the only directives the three stooges seem to have.
    Different ingredient(s), but the same recipe they've been usin' for the last decade+, pretty much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Different ingredient(s), but the same recipe they've been usin' for the last decade+, pretty much.
    Pretty much.

Who said otherwise? Anyhoo, lil' too little, a lil' too late.
    It's not too late. I can fix this. I can solve everything. All I need is the time-displaced 90's versions of Claremont, Waid, and Bob Harras. BODYSLIDE BY ONE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's not too late. I can fix this. I can solve everything. All I need is the time-displaced 90's versions of Claremont, Waid, and Bob Harras. BODYSLIDE BY ONE
    Good luck, write if ya get work, & let us know when you get back.

TBH tho, I do not have faith in this proposal.

Incredible Member

Never seen so many characters in a story just on the page being worthless. This event was dissapointing and overly priced. I was a big fan of Avengers No Surrender and that weekly format. This seemed liked it was thrown together just to get to the next event.

BANNED

Not as bad as I thought. At least Jean had a plan, so there's that. And Storm was useful for the first time since that one issue of X-Men:Red. It sets up Devastation well enough, but this is far from being an actually good issue, same way Disassembled was not a good story.

Oh yeah, someone make a new poll about the book.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

This sounds about right. lol