Page 201 of 249 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3725
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementalist View Post
    Still a big hurdle for the pain, but that doesn’t mean her grey side is completely gone, hopefully another author will be able to delve into her struggles of PTSD from time to time
    Given how writers love dumping the past for their own thing (All of She-Hulk supporting cast from the last run sans Hellcat for instance), I don't foresee this coming back for a long, long time. If it does and Bruce Banner comes back, it's not going to work as well. A big large part of her pain comes from his death... and if he comes back, which he will, then what?

Also, do you think we'll ever get closure about that woman turning into a monster in the second arc?

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Thoughts on the She-Hulk #162: I ended up very much liking the "super" therapy approach but oddly found the conclusion, while still greatly appreciated, hasty. It offered up a much more faster pacing than previous arches have been, hitting and checking off the multiple damaging events as Jen sees them. While Jen has been making small steps of letting herself get close again to a dear friend, and slightly accepting her Hulk form, this issue dived right into the heart of Jen's dilemma and made quite the distance in aiding Walters.
    spoilers:
    At the end of it all Jen is better but still somewhat sad. Her She-Hulk form is green again and she seems to be in complete control.
    The main reasons for her transformation is a mix of Thanos, as Jen says here, "putting a hole in her chest" which isn't what happen in A-Force unless She-Hulk's arm was blocking it the panel Thanos attacks, after the missile hit and Bruce's suicide by Hawkeye. The Thanos part I disagree with, as when she is in her coma and even her talk with Carol before she learned of Bruce's death she is green/her jolly self. From Bruce, its not telling her about that, as Banner didn't even give her the chance to try anything to prevent it. Apparently, Jen can't live without Bruce, that she can't let him go. The last part seems unnecessary to me as most of Jen's adult life has away from Bruce and even in past instances where he was missing She-Hulk was still her although worried yet strong self.
    Some minor grievances: Thanos's eyes are completely glowing inside of glowing/non-glowing in a mostly black eye but his eyes change all the time so no big deal.
    Hulk's blood is shown red when its suppose to be green.
    Major grievance: So they're ignoring Totally Awesome Hulk and going full on CW2's account of Bruce. *Sigh* Why would you not even mention their last hours together especially when Bruce's choice for suicide would hurt more considering how happy Bruce lead on he was?
    On the flip side, Flo seems to be a really nice, a possible 4th wall breaker, was extremely helpful, and generous enough to let She-Hulk wreck her home scott free. She kinda feels like the fairy godmother in Cinderella. What I mean by this as she is summoned or in this case visited when the protagonist is at her wit's end and helps the protagonist with their heart's desire in an extraordinary way.
    end of spoilers

personally, I never want to hear about the PTSD again. welcome back Jen.

Not going to be able to read the new issue until the weekend. Am I right in assuming that Jen has her old green form back?

Quote Originally Posted by elementalist View Post
    PTSD and depression isn’t easy to over come, it takes a lot to time to change your mindset. Considering that this is her willing to genuinely cone to a session with Flo is a different experience than her going to a group therapy. Still a big hurdle for the pain, but that doesn’t mean her grey side is completely gone, hopefully another author will be able to delve into her struggles of PTSD from time to time, but then again, Bendis did this whole spin of any Hulk=Rage Monster. It is a theme for all, but not a permanent issue for all.
    It would be cool if this book is not completely forgotten about. Perhaps in times of pure rage etc she could have flashes of her grey, scard form.

In She-Hulk sightings from this week's comics other than her solo, in Daredevil #598, the villain Muse painted superheroes on buildings in protest of Mayor Kingpin's anti-superhero law. One of which was She-Hulk (the green form) with the caption "Green is clean"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Not going to be able to read the new issue until the weekend. Am I right in assuming that Jen has her old green form back?

It would be cool if this book is not completely forgotten about. Perhaps in times of pure rage etc she could have flashes of her grey, scard form.
    Do NOT read further unless you care little about Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers: Your assumption is correct. However, based on how the issue went, this (She-)Hulk was the result of her fears rather than her rage.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Ooooh, IGN went in hard on this latest issue:

She-Hulk marks the series’ penultimate issue in an uneven narrative leading into the series’ finale. She Hulk #162 has a huge tonal problem. It doesn’t know if it wants to focus on the funny, breaking the fourth wall character from the 80’s or the series’ angsty character from Mariko Tamaki’s Hulk run. It feels like these two tones are battling each other as Jen herself is trying to defeat her inner demons. There are some potentially good emotional beats between Jen and Bruce, but Jahnoy Lindsay’s pencils never fully tap into these emotions. She Hulk #162’s only saving grace is that Jen is finally going back to her status quo. -Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    A couple of Marvel UK covers.

Those look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Saw this today. Emerald City Comic Con exclusive:
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1517624440
    "Details regarding shared exclusives will be posted on Wednesday, February 28th!" according to funko web site
    That looks awesome, I want to get one of those.

On the Disney store website they have Red She-Hulk Rock Candy's fo sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I feel this was when Byrne reach his prime with She-Hulk.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

We should form a petition to #SaveSheHulk. Even if this current iteration wasn’t your favorite, doesn’t mean Jen’s not a viable property to publish. They really need to push her better. This whole arc of her dealing with her PTSD could have been a mind blowing narrative, but Marvel dropped the ball. Big time.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post

We should form a petition to #SaveSheHulk. Even if this current iteration wasn’t your favorite, doesn’t mean Jen’s not a viable property to publish. They really need to push her better. This whole arc of her dealing with her PTSD could have been a mind blowing narrative, but Marvel dropped the ball. Big time.
    I'd sign it

The Women of Marvel Podcast interviewing She-Hulk writer Mariko Tamaki: https://news.marvel.com/comics/84174/hulk-punches-back/
    Tamaki talks about inspiration for the trauma, the use of She-Hulk's big two colors green and purple to display the mood, purple for a more calm mood, but more and more green shades when Jen is getting more anger, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Ooooh, IGN went in hard on this latest issue:
    I haaven't paid much mind to IGN reviews in ages, and I would recommend doing the same. They're all over the place.

Yeah, to be honest She-Hulk is such a great character and I've enjoyed her stories in the past, but I feel they don't know what to do with her right now. Really don't want her to slowly slip down to a Z-grade hero with occasional guest appearances/cameos. I feel like they kind of wanted to reinvent the character with the PTSD and all that but I think they should give her a decently straightforward and most of all fun run of her own, get someone cool like Allred on the art and make stories that people actually want to read. I still think they shouldn't forget about her PTSD, they need to acknowledge it but not make it too big a part of her character.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Given how writers love dumping the past for their own thing (All of She-Hulk supporting cast from the last run sans Hellcat for instance)
    Justified to be honest. Most of them became part of Hellcat's supporting cast, and we simply never saw her building in this run, because Jen took a new job (having been evicted from her office during the Hellcat series) instead of going back there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hello all!

So I'm currently attempting to gain She-Hulk SUPERFAN status and am reading all of her runs. I'm currently up to the Slott era and while I've already read the Soule run, is it safe to say I can kinda skip the current run by the time I get to it? I know she's supposed to be dealing with some heavy stuff in it but it's been kind of flying under the radar and it feels like one of those things that many people aren't going to remember in the long run?