Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Mattina's cover makes the trunks look really stupid and I don't think Clark would waste a suit like that in Dorman's cover.

Coipel's is great but it's Coipel, so that's par for the course.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Midtown Comics released their exclusive Olivier Coipel variant.

Attachment 63673
    Boy, that's really disappointing for a Coipel cover.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Midtown Comics released their exclusive Olivier Coipel variant.

Attachment 63673
    Really glad I didn't blind buy this like I almost did. I usually love his work. The emblem seems really off.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Default Superman Action 1000 cover alt

Hmm...artist got a little too cute on the emblem?

SupermanAC1000cover12.jpg
    Superman, with another never ending alternate cover showing off some power and abilities
    Last edited by jimmy; 03-24-2018 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yeah. The only reason they're there is that they are trying to sell this as a " new" costume in the solicits ..When it's just the classic one with the Rebirth suits cuffs more or less. Eventually the pretense will go away and artists will stop rendering those two lines at his wrists.

Even if they stay it's no big deal. I'll take this look any day over the New 52 look. I still wish we kept the current Reborn suit, but the classic is the classic and I doubt it'll ever permanently go away.
    |

Amen to THAT - Long live the classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    Ugh, the Mattina cover is awful. Angry, ugly, violent Superman. Meanwhile, Dorman's is pretty great, though the faces are all seem off somehow.
    I hate torn cape look - The faces on Droman's work, look almost like a very refined impressionistic (Monet) painting.

EXCLUSIVE Newbury Comics variant from Patrick Gleason.
    LINK
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Love that cover, Gleason's art has been getting better and better recently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post

EXCLUSIVE Newbury Comics variant from Patrick Gleason.
    LINK
    Beautiful stuff. I want more of this Super family, including Krypto! If Bendis does anything to them, even temporarily, I'm out for good. Fool me once and all that.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    Beautiful stuff. I want more of this Super family, including Krypto! If Bendis does anything to them, even temporarily, I'm out for good. Fool me once and all that.
    I'll give him a fair shot, but I want Lois and Jon for the long haul. Minor note, I love that Lois has that pencil tucked behind her ear; never know when she'll have to jot down a scoop.

Incredible Member

So far, I’ve preordered:

Chiang
    Allred
    DF Jurgens
    Summit Perez

Want:

Middleton
    Newberry Gleason

Would like:
    King Scott

I know the Summit Perez isn’t Perez’s greatest work. I kind of wish they’d gotten an inker like Ordway. My big complaint about retailer exclusives is that inking and coloring are sometimes mismatched with the penciller or subpar.

But, being real, this might be Perez’s last Superman cover even if he has 20 good years left, given his eyesight and health issues. My mom was diabetic and I know it can be rough. The complications had her with three stints in her heart and on oxygen at 59. I’m hoping to see Perez later this year and I wanted this for him to sign. Few people have been as iconic as Superman creators as Perez. (I’d put him in a lineage that goes Shuster, Boring, Swan, Kane, Perez, Jurgens, Bogdanove, Ross, Mahnke, McGuinness, Gary Frank, and Patrick Gleason. For me, that’s the visual history in a netshell.)

Incredible Member

Jim Lee probably belongs in there as well, probably between McGuinness and Frank. And Garcia Lopez. But both of them I think of more for their Batman and Wonder Woman pieces.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your mother. Those kinda facts did immediately strike me when I saw the Perez variant, but I'm pleased to see he's on there at least.

When it comes to visual history, I'd have to put Sikela, Lee, Grummett, Ordway, and Garcia-Lopez in there and kick out Ross. Of who's living I'd be fine with just another variant by Bog or Ordway.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Sorry to hear about your mother. Those kinda facts did immediately strike me when I saw the Perez variant, but I'm pleased to see he's on there at least.

When it comes to visual history, I'd have to put Sikela, Lee, Grummett, Ordway, and Garcia-Lopez in there and kick out Ross. Of who's living I'd be fine with just another variant by Bog or Ordway.
    Garcia-Lopez is tricky. He's just so much of a "total DCU artist" (along with Lee) that it's hard. Ordway is great. Grummett, I came to think of more as a Superboy artist. Then we probably need Plastino and such. Good call with Sikela.

Regardless, I'm glad we're getting a Perez cover.

Just picked up the Swan DF and then saw that the Newbury Gleason variant is on the sale today. Hrm.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    So 80s was missing from the original line up and it's.... so good. I really think Middleton is phenomenal and he's outdone himself. This is my favorite, but I did order 60s-90s.

How the heck did I miss this one? It's glorious!
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.