Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Reign of the Supermen Exclusive Trailer Debut: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10...er-debut?watch

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-22-2018 at 10:43 AM.

BANNED

Lois and Diana spending time together talking about the man in their lives...not bad, shows Diana isn't being forgotten in this even if Lois is the main interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Reign of the Supermen Exclusive Trailer Debut: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10...er-debut?watch
    Looks good, I can’t wait. Why the heck do they give this exclusively to IGN though? Their viewer is terrible, put that stuff up on YouTube.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks good, I can’t wait. Why the heck do they give this exclusively to IGN though? Their viewer is terrible, put that stuff up on YouTube.
    Now it's on youtube too. I've just updated the previous post adding the video.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-22-2018 at 10:56 AM.

I wonder who those guys are that are wearing suits similar to N52 Superboy's outfit (the Tron suits). Apokolips perhaps? They went out of their way in part 1 to mention Apokolips and Darkseid a bunch, and Doomsday arrived in space via boom tube, so it was pretty obvious that Apokolips would be invading again (I'm not a fan of this idea, but whatever). I'm glad they are not revealing Cyborg Superman's villainous role in the trailer, for those who have not read the original story.

Fingers crossed Henshaw is still the bad guy of the story and not a lackey to Darkseid.

Animation wise, it looks good! I liked the shot of Steel's helmet coming on, very Iron Man-esque. I was hoping the trailer would show a new release date, perhaps pushing it up into December, but it's a pretty solid trailer.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I'm glad the League is indeed heavily involved in this. Seeing each of the four Supermen interact with them will be an interesting new aspect to the tale. I could see Batman clashing with Eradicator big-time. Bruce is dark, but he respects that Superman is very much not. Seeing a guy claiming to be Superman using lethal force and in general being darker than Batman himself will tick him off. Diana I could see wanting to use the lasso on them all; Steel and Superboy (Kon is going to hit on her, bank on it, haha) she'd probably be able to willingly since they have nothing to hide and thus doesn't hinder the plot. Shenannigans will probably prevent her using it on Eradicator and Hank.

I think it'd be cool if Cyborg Superman's voice changes after he's outed as a villain. Deeper and more menacing, just say he's not emulating Kal-El's voice anymore but is now sounding like his true self, Hank Henshaw.

Also, what are the odds we see at least a subtle set up for a reimagining of Emerald Twilight?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-22-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Lois and Diana spending time together talking about the man in their lives...not bad, shows Diana isn't being forgotten in this even if Lois is the main interest.
    hehehe...

I can't wait, hope it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think it'd be cool if Cyborg Superman's voice changes after he's outed as a villain. Deeper and more menacing, just say he's not emulating Kal-El's voice anymore but is now sounding like his true self, Hank Henshaw.
    Patrick Fabian (Henshaw's VA) is still in the movie, and the IGN interview even lists him as Cyborg-Superman, so I imagine once it's revealed who Cyborg-Superman really is (and around the time the real Jerry O'Connell Superman comes back) he'll drop the Superman voice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    hehehe...
    They all want us to come together

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    They all want us to come together
    yeah and all be friends! one big happy fam. yeah right. lol

Kon93

black name generator
    This looks so good.

More SB in trailers plz

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

So that is then....

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm glad the League is indeed heavily involved in this. Seeing each of the four Supermen interact with them will be an interesting new aspect to the tale. I could see Batman clashing with Eradicator big-time. Bruce is dark, but he respects that Superman is very much not. Seeing a guy claiming to be Superman using lethal force and in general being darker than Batman himself will tick him off. Diana I could see wanting to use the lasso on them all; Steel and Superboy (Kon is going to hit on her, bank on it, haha) she'd probably be able to willingly since they have nothing to hide and thus doesn't hinder the plot. Shenannigans will probably prevent her using it on Eradicator and Hank.

Also, what are the odds we see at least a subtle set up for a reimagining of Emerald Twilight?
    I’m not sure whether it’s more or less likely now that Johns isn’t Creative Officer anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m not sure whether it’s more or less likely now that Johns isn’t Creative Officer anymore.
    I don't know if Johns is knee-deep in the animated movies enough to effect whether they do Emerald Twilight or not.

Although honestly I would expect any attempt at Emerald Twilight to be combined with Green Lantern: Rebirth.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if Johns is knee-deep in the animated movies enough to effect whether they do Emerald Twilight or not.

Although honestly I would expect any attempt at Emerald Twilight to be combined with Green Lantern: Rebirth.
    Mike Carlin, who was one the main editors behind Emerald Twilight and the decade of pointlessly sticking to his guns over the decision to $#!*-can the entire GL mythos in favor of one guy, is now one of the main guys running DC Animation these days, so it wouldn't surprise me if they try to spin-off Emerald Twilight (along with Zero Hour and the GL: Rebirth) from this.

Having a Crisis/Zero Hour-type event reboot the currently New 52-esque DC Animated continuity would be an easy way to make any tweaks they want to make it more reflective of the current DCU, with is aiming for more of a classic DCAU vibe. That way, they could bring in Jonathan Kent as Damian's contemporary, and sort out any iffy Justice League/Batman/Teen Titans continuity that's cropped up since they started this shared animated continuity. It would also give fan favorite Nathan Fillion some interesting dramatic stuff to chew on, as well as finally bringing in a proper version of Kyle Rayner to animation who isn't just Hal Jordan if he were an artist like we got in the old DCAU.