Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    Personally I think the premise is a good one. Having Xforce being the Intelligence arm of the Nation of Krakoa is intriguing. Not just military black ops and artwork. I'll admit I don't love Piotr being part of this group and the Weaver cover seems to indicate Colossus sides with Wolverine and Domino in using extreme force to deal with threats to mutants.

However with the events of HoX and mutants having conquered death and Xforce seemingly getting first priority for for ressurection. Piotr may have become more radicalized or he will be a voice of reason for the ops team. Maybe Jean is using Colossus to keep an eye Wolverine, Quire, Black Tom, And Domino to make sure things don't get out of hand. Or pete is just wants to hang Domino and being on xforce is the only way lol. But Percy says something shocking happens that will affect the other xbooks in dawn of X on his twitter.
    He is not really going to be in the book. He is going to be an off and on again supporting character.

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Just a panel or two in X-Force. The one thing JDW overruled Hickman with. I know Hickman is not writing X-Force, but I wish he put his foot down when it came to JDW's hatred of Colossus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    He is not really going to be in the book. He is going to be an off and on again supporting character.
    Based on what source? Potentially having a small role in #1 is not a source.
    Last edited by powerpax; 11-05-2019 at 04:10 AM.

Just a panel or two in X-Force. The one thing JDW overruled Hickman with. I know Hickman is not writing X-Force, but I wish he put his foot down when it came to JDW's hatred of Colossus.
    Yeah, it's just getting too cringey and unappealing now, its making me question the editors professionalism, savviness, customer appreciation and so on, the flashes from behind the curtains of Oz can be a bit like that.
    but I suppose it makes Colossus the bad boy, the oppressed, the under dog, the X-Man.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to X-Force,

But if Hanks the head/brains and Wolverines the fist, then I wonder what body part Ol' Colossus is.

Any suggestions?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Yeah, it's just getting too cringey and unappealing now, its making me question the editors professionalism, savviness, customer appreciation and so on, the flashes from behind the curtains of Oz can be a bit like that.
    but I suppose it makes Colossus the bad boy, the oppressed, the under dog, the X-Man.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to X-Force,

But if Hanks the head/brains and Wolverines the fist, then I wonder what body part Ol' Colossus is.

Any suggestions?
    Any sources of where people are getting that JDW hates Colossus? I've never heard of that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Any sources of where people are getting that JDW hates Colossus? I've never heard of that before.
    He fell over himself in an Aipt Monday interview to tell us of how he hates him for hurting Kitty, because Colossus was written by a writer as loving the alien healer, I think, or maybe it was his savage land wife. at the audacity of this character to have had stories written of him, and there was another Aipt interview in which he said something derogatory, sorry I don't have the links for sources of the actual weeks.

It's tongue in cheek, surely, but that doesn't come across too well in those interviews, and JDW would be better off showing just a lil bit of enthusiasm and appreciation of more characters, with Piotr as a priority, as only snidely comments have been given about him so far.

Fantastic Member

He fell over himself in an Aipt Monday interview to tell us of how he hates him for hurting Kitty, because Colossus was written by a writer as loving the alien healer, I think, or maybe it was his savage land wife. at the audacity of this character to have had stories written of him, and there was another Aipt interview in which he said something derogatory, sorry I don't have the links for sources of the actual weeks.

It's tongue in cheek, surely, but that doesn't come across too well in those interviews, and JDW would be better off showing just a lil bit of enthusiasm and appreciation of more characters, with Piotr as a priority, as only snidely comments have been given about him so far.
    Weird. I don't listen to that podcast on the regular to have heard of it, but if anyone can tell me a source or a specific one to listen into, I'd love to hear what he said myself, just to see if I get the same sense of character dislike or if it's just tongue in cheek or something.

I dunno, obviously it isn't ideal to have your favorite start off injured (rogue fans know the feeling for the past week) and seemingly out of the action, but I really liked the inclusion? Like, Piotr still had an important position and seemingly did something, even if it's mentioned in text and not 'shown' and thusly offscreen:

Piotr (Krakoa).jpg

But I see that as a win for the character, he isn't one of the ones sitting around in Krakoa in the background panels, Piotr is actively trying to help people (in Russia no less, he very rarely gets shown helping his home country since most of the time the X-men are US-based). I dig that. I'm happy that Piotr seemingly was contacted in a manner that made sense (though it's a bit more questionable why he wasn't shown in Marauders at all in such a case, because there were zero hints to his involvement prior). But still understandable, they mostly were focused on kitty's joining and what changed her mind. (and low-key kitty and piotr working together to help save mutants is A+ in my book, pls show that sometime, that's some classic altruism the both of them have in common but don't get shown doing enough of nowadays and part of why they worked so well together as a couple)

But IDK hickman's own opinion of colossus and it'd be a bit worrying if he did have issues personally (Especially if it's with Zsaji--that was a marvel editor's meddling that created that god-awful secret wars impromptu romance to break up him and kitty and imo is just.. some of the worst writing of any marvel book). Like, they had him fall in love with someone he couldn't even talk to, someone whose healing powers admittedly had an emotional aspect to that made people feel toward her, and Logan explicitly points out that he knows that's how her powers work and no one tells colossus "dude you aren't really in love, that's just how her healing powers work." like, truly awful how his teammates let him believe he's in love with someone he doesn't share a language with (And whom was actually in love with johnny storm herself). Anyone blaming the character for bad-fanfic-tier editorial mandates is just looking for a reason to hate piotr.

Last edited by Awesome-xXx; 11-07-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Weird. I don't listen to that podcast on the regular to have heard of it, but if anyone can tell me a source or a specific one to listen into, I'd love to hear what he said myself, just to see if I get the same sense of character dislike or if it's just tongue in cheek or something.

I dunno, obviously it isn't ideal to have your favorite start off injured (rogue fans know the feeling for the past week) and seemingly out of the action, but I really liked the inclusion? Like, Piotr still had an important position and seemingly did something, even if it's mentioned in text and not 'shown' and thusly offscreen:

Piotr (Krakoa).jpg

But I see that as a win for the character, he isn't one of the ones sitting around in Krakoa in the background panels, Piotr is actively trying to help people (in Russia no less, he very rarely gets shown helping his home country since most of the time the X-men are US-based). I dig that. I'm happy that Piotr seemingly was contacted in a manner that made sense (though it's a bit more questionable why he wasn't shown in Marauders at all in such a case, because there were zero hints to his involvement prior). But still understandable, they mostly were focused on kitty's joining and what changed her mind. (and low-key kitty and piotr working together to help save mutants is A+ in my book, pls show that sometime, that's some classic altruism the both of them have in common but don't get shown doing enough of nowadays and part of why they worked so well together as a couple)

But IDK hickman's own opinion of colossus and it'd be a bit worrying if he did have issues personally (Especially if it's with Zsaji--that was a marvel editor's meddling that created that god-awful secret wars impromptu romance to break up him and kitty and imo is just.. some of the worst writing of any marvel book). Like, they had him fall in love with someone he couldn't even talk to, someone whose healing powers admittedly had an emotional aspect to that made people feel toward her, and Logan explicitly points out that he knows that's how her powers work and no one tells colossus "dude you aren't really in love, that's just how her healing powers work." like, truly awful how his teammates let him believe he's in love with someone he doesn't share a language with (And whom was actually in love with johnny storm herself). Anyone blaming the character for bad-fanfic-tier editorial mandates is just looking for a reason to hate piotr.
    I feel like a dickwad for bringing it here, but here's one of the Aipt X-Monday interviews for which we've been demotivated by...
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...ingle-cyclops/
    What he says is....
    spoilers:
    AiPT!: Our final three questions this week are all about X-romance. First, mm‏ (@moxie329) is curious to learn what your favorite and least-favorite X-Men love triangles are.

Jordan: Least favorite is the one that has completely made me hate Colossus forever, which is Kitty/Colossus/Zsaji. It’s not that he cheated on her that makes me hate him… it’s that he claimed to be in love with Zsaji, this woman who he barely knew, who didn’t speak his language… and he broke up with her over it. I think it’s so much worse than him cheating. If he cheated, he could admit that it was wrong and promise to never do it again. But no, he FELL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE. He showed that he is untrustworthy! He said he loved Kitty, but he was either lying or fooling himself, because he fell in love with the first alien lady who walked his way. The idea that she EVER took him back is bananas to me. I am so glad she ditched him.
    end of spoilers

which you've already addressed as bad-fanfic-tier editorial mandate, though JDW raves about Kitty at every chance he gets, he admits that she was his teenage waifu.

Oddly though, I've got the impression that they've been stringing the relationship on, even since the wedding. I'm suspicious that it's just an attempt to keep Kitty looking less, um, cold.

Or maybe JDW is genuinely 'rehabilitating' Colossus to where he thinks that they could work as a couple. I don't get the impression that he'd entertain the Magik or Rachel pairings with Kitty.

Here are more positive/appreciative X-Monday mentions of Colossus...
    Ron Garney: As far as my favorite characters – Colossus was my favorite. I did a short thing with Kieron Gillen for a few issues that was a lot of fun because I’d never gotten to draw Colossus as a regular. So that for me was fun.
    Tom Kings favorite X-story is From the Ashes
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...rrificon-2019/

and, Todd Nauck loves drawing Colossus
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...omic-con-2019/

They kinda sorta are hooking up through Krakoa! *chuckle*

Yeah, I enjoyed X-Force, a jarring gear change, but a welcomed one for me. We'll hopefully get a flashback of what happened at some point. It mentioned a tank, but a tank wouldn't cause his leg injuries, and I'm wondering/worrying if something happened to the little girl he was shielding too.

Fantastic Member

I feel like a dickwad for bringing it here, but here's one of the Aipt X-Monday interviews for which we've been demotivated by...
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...ingle-cyclops/
    What he says is....
    I’ll take a listen for context when I’m off work, but the text itself is pretty damning for our boy, that is a real shame. Seems to me Hickman should be smart enough not to blame a character for such a god awful writing, but ehh. I am not surprised kitty would have been a childhood crush for him.. she was for a lot of boys and girls clearly, and that was kind of the point of her anyway. Just a shame how much that has affected so many people in terms of what has happened to her since.

They 100# continued to string the relationship during age of X-man as they had them reconnect and kiss, but nothing’s been shown since them for them.. I’m always hopeful but damn is it hard to come back from an altar bailout. And boy do I wish Hickman had signed on to stop with the shitty editorial mandates before hand.. even though by all accounts he would have done it anyway.

Glad to see some artists like him, not surprising per se but cool to see more art. Agreed on the hopes that we see more of what happened to him and that he becomes more involved once he gets healed, but we’ll see how X-force goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Based on what source? Potentially having a small role in #1 is not a source.
    Yeah I'm curious too about Piotr's "off and on again" status. Any links?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Piotr (Krakoa).jpg

Hickman likes Colossus. For example, in his Secret Wars #1, Colossus and Nightcrawler are around during the incursion with the Ultimate Universe. Peter assures She-Hulk his aim is true, and gives her cousin (the Hulk) a perfect Fastball Special into the Triskalion. He then has Colossus along with Hulk and She Hulk tipping it over. But Hickman had to make sacrifices to write the story he wanted to write, and JDW said Colossus can only be seen picking a piece of Krakoa on the first page of the first issue of HoX. JDW hates Colossus. I am very surprised many of you guys and gals did not pick up on it.
    Last edited by Omnipitus; 11-11-2019 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Typos

BANNED

But Hickman had to make sacrifices to write the story he wanted to write, and JDW said Colossus can only be seen picking a piece of Krakoa on the first page of the first issue of HoX. JDW hates Colossus. I am very surprised many of you guys and gals did not pick up on it.
    Again: Colossus is a member of X-Force. Not a guest star. There is absolutely nothing indicating Hickman had to 'sacrifice' Colossus from the books because he's not JDW's favorite beyond your personal fear. There is nothing indicating anything you're claiming will happen to Colossus is real. So please stop claiming it is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Again: Colossus is a member of X-Force. Not a guest star. There is absolutely nothing indicating Hickman had to 'sacrifice' Colossus from the books because he's not JDW's favorite beyond your personal fear. There is nothing indicating anything you're claiming will happen to Colossus is real. So please stop claiming it is fact.
    You are so wrong. Just watch. The same thing will happen to Colossus as it did in Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men run. Sorry, your fan fiction of Kitty hooking up with Illyana will not happen. Unless, of course, JDW has his way.