Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Anthem not having romances triggered Bioware's fanbase.
    https://twitter.com/gameinformer/sta...30440122470401

Did they honestly expect that to be there for the type of game Anthem is suppose to be? Bioware romances tend to ****.

As someone joked , we need some hot alien romance. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I want to believe that Anthem is going to be decent and not the thing which finally puts the bullet in the chamber as Bioware is marched out to that well known death pit EA pops the husk of former studios in their back garden into...

But I'm not that confident.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    At least it would be something to make the game more distinct than its current direction of 'somewhere between Destiny and Warframe'. Jump in a robot suit, do grindy shooting for a couple hours, then head back to home base, chat up the nearest attractive alien and settle in for a different sort of grind.
    A loot based multiplayer shooter is a terrible place to find romance if that's what they are interested in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    A loot based multiplayer shooter is a terrible place to find romance if that's what they are interested in.
    exactly

still excited for it

also KH3

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    At least it would be something to make the game more distinct than its current direction of 'somewhere between Destiny and Warframe'. Jump in a robot suit, do grindy shooting for a couple hours, then head back to home base, chat up the nearest attractive alien and settle in for a different sort of grind.

Meanwhile, Command & Conquer is a mobile game with a distressing CG caricature of Joe Kucan and I'm really not amused by this at all.

Being fair, without the name and brand attached this doesn't look like such a bad little time-waster. But holy crap does EA's lack of f***s-given for old IPs upset me (remember Dungeon Keeper Mobile, or did you block out that memory to save yourself some pain?). And you just know there'll be some crappy time-delay mechanics you can skip by paying EA more money.
    It was already dead, now they've dug up the corpse and are doing obscene things with it

**** EA

BANNED

???

I dont have the attachment to Command And Conquer some seem to have

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    ???

I dont have the attachment to Command And Conquer some seem to have
    It belongs on the Mt. Rushmore of real-time strategy, IMO. Stripped-down, simpler and much faster than others of the genre - more friendly territory for people like me who want to direct big-scale battles but don't have the patience for something like Age of Empires. Plus it was one of the early adopters of live-action FMV cutscenes and stuck with it long after basically everyone else abandoned the concept, and honestly, they always made a pretty good argument for its use, at least as part of an RTS story.

It's also another series that got butchered after EA swallowed its original developer, Westwood. Granted, I actually quite like C&C3, and even Red Alert 3 has its charms, like firing paratrooper grizzly bears out of a man-cannon to deploy behind enemy lines (though of course it suffers in comparison to series high point Red Alert 2). But RA3 didn't make all the money in the world, so EA gutted the staff, let the series rot for a while, then tried to bring it back as a multiplayer-only deal. When the fans (rightly!) objected that a C&C with no campaign wouldn't feel like a full game, EA made some general platitudes about how they listened, and would remodel the game accordingly...then cancelled it altogether, because 'giving the target audience the game they asked for and would be more than happy to buy' is not a profitable strategy, I guess!

And now, years after that, the C&C name is dragged from the pit and slapped on a mobile game with only tangential similarities to its old self. It's...yeah. I'm mad.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

mobile gaming is a profit farm these days

attach a known name to it, and someones gonna make $$$

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    mobile gaming is a profit farm these days

attach a known name to it, and someones gonna make $$$
    It can turn into a colossal shitshow. EA did the exact same thing to Dungeon Keeper four years ago. Now it's C&C turn to be butchered.

BANNED

sounds unfortunate for fans of the series

never got into C&C, RTS aint my thing and honestly I thought the FMV was really silly

Man, the C&C thingie was kinda hard to swallow i must admit.

Freaking mobile BS...
    Last edited by Starter Set; 06-11-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Was playing some basketball game those few past days and i was wondering, do games like Nba2k18 really need the nba at all?

I mean, what's popular? Why people are playing this game and paying revolting amount of money in order to avoid the grind? To play with their favorite nba teams? To have the beautiful smile of mister Curry on the cover?

Hell no, the whole point of the game is the park, the street basket modes, the 5vs5 online with custom characters.

I dare to imagine that EA or 2k are paying something quite nice in order to use the Nba teams and names, an amount of money who could maybe be spared.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Was playing some basketball game those few past days and i was wondering, do games like Nba2k18 really need the nba at all?
    Yes.

Every time someone tried to make a sports game without an official license, hardly anyone bothered with it.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Yes.

Every time someone tried to make a sports game without an official license, hardly anyone bothered with it.
    That sounds like a marketing challenge. Maybe an online MMORPG-style sports game with a massive tournament of tournaments every season and the ability to trade players at the beginning of every season. Get fancy outfits, hair styles, tattoos, and victory dances as cosmetic DLC.

Or maybe get another license. Marvel vs. Capcom: New Age of B-Ball might be fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I want to believe that Anthem is going to be decent and not the thing which finally puts the bullet in the chamber as Bioware is marched out to that well known death pit EA pops the husk of former studios in their back garden into...

But I'm not that confident.
    It'd be a mercy killing. The writing has been on the wall for Bioware since EA bought them out, and they've pretty much been a shambling corpse-puppet ever since the Drs retired.