Page 123 of 325 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    The code for a good Spider-Man was used in Spider-Man (2002-2004) and Into the Spidervese. The best Spider-Man film since Spider-Man 2. I am still tingling from Into the spiderverse. I find it easier never to bring up their code when I discuss anything X-Men, Spider-Man and Batman related for marvel's own good.
    I do think the Raimi movies were the best to date (although I haven't had a chance to see Spider-Verse yet). IMHO, Homecoming followed in those footsteps.

Winter Solider was more serious than their usual outings.
    My point exactly.

The movie is far from thought-provoking or as fully serious as X-Men has shown itself to be and should be.
    Maybe?

Are you saying DOFP is a goofy movie for the killer robots and time travel.
    What I'm saying is is that X-Men can do both goofy and serious stories and can even do stories with both. Sounds a lot like the MCU to me.

Neither Infinity War or Guardians of the galaxy should ever be the teaching guide book for X-Men. I don't see these movies as xmen stories in comics or films.
    No, my point is MCU movies can do serious stuff quite well and that silly humor doesn't detract from that.

I have excluded X-Men since I have witnessed more solid character work and emotional endings that left a mark. The movies don't shift its tone and is built on total seriousness and deeper character bonding, X-men that is.
    Comparing movie series to movie series, I would maintain that the MCU has better character character work and emotional endings in many cases then the X-Men has in the past. Not all of them, but when they get it, they get it. Iron Man threatening Loki, Thor's mother's funeral, Spider-Man and Vulture's car conversation, Infinity War (the whole thing) and the Guardians of the Galaxy movies (the "we're all losers" scene and Yondu's funeral as a couple examples), the stuff with Ghost and Bill Foster (the "we can make it" scene).

On the X-Men side of stuff, you got the ending for the first movie, Days of Future Past in general, the Wolverine stuff throughout the series (Logan from beginning to end, The Wolverine film, barring some slow bits, even the bad movies had Hugh Jackman working his tail off), Magneto's material in First Class (his family dying was well-presented in Apocalypse, for that matter), seeing the two versions of Professor X and Magneto interact was worthwhile. I don't know, good stuff, but that movie series always seemed to go more intellectual then emotional then the MCU has, if that makes any sense.

I totally forgot this thread, started to think about it again after I saw Into The Spidervese. A CBM with no connection to a cinematic universe exceeds beyond anyones expectations. Best CBM this year. Hearing Disney passed on the writers of the movie is bittersweet. They go to Sony and give us the best Spiderman film since Spider-Man 2.
    Going to be really hard seeing that movie now without inflated expectations.

In the future of X-Men, how many great people will Disney pass off on for X-Men to stick to their code that X-Men has shown it doesn't need. If X-Men can have their own separate universe as others have suggested on the tv/film forum, things would not have to change much bringing in creative fresh-minds as the people from into the spidervese, who would stick around.
    Hard to say, since we don't even know what Disney has in mind (although the signs suggest PG-13 Deadpool may be happening).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spider-Verse > Homecoming > 2 > the rest

Here's how the MCU will make the best X-Men movie

Step 1: Ignore/streamline all the nonsense from the source material (it's amazing how Fox messed this up)

Step 2: Make a good movie with action, humor, and most importantly, emotion and heart

BANNED

Variety.com, Listen: Kevin Feige Reflects on Oscar Player ‘Black Panther’ and 10 Years of Marvel Studios
    ... The next Marvel era will be particularly interesting to observe given the arrival of Fox-owned Marvel properties like the X-Men and Fantastic Four as part of Disney’s acquisition of Fox’s film assets. Working with them will also bring Feige full-circle to where he started at producer Lauren Shuler Donner’s company and the 2000 hit that arguably kicked off the modern cinema superhero craze, “X-Men.” Feige says he hasn’t been given the official green light to start developing stories within the MCU for these characters yet, but he expects to start digging in soon.

“We’ve been told it’s looking very, very good and could happen in the first six months of next year,”
    Feige says. “The notion of the characters coming back is great. It’s nice when a company that created all these characters can have access to all those characters. It’s unusual not to. But in terms of actually thinking about it and actually planning things, we haven’t started that yet.”

And when that day comes, it will be part and parcel of Feige’s mission statement from day one. For years the dream was to replicate, for a global audience, the experience that comic book fans have been enjoying for decades: the shared universe. It wasn’t his idea, of course. It was Lee and Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby in the Marvel bullpen who first brought these characters together on the page. It was a relatively small group of people working on a lot of characters, and that’s what Feige says Marvel Studios is today. ...

BANNED

Default The future of the X Men on the big screen

I recently read the book
    This would be a great movie, I hope the story comes on screen as true.

See my post below of three recommended books,

Thanks, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, like Spider-Man. It was so sad when the MCU version flopped and everyone was hugely disappointed... Both fans and critics really hated, it was a complete failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Except they didn't.
    I just saw this post now after this thread got bumped... LOL how could you not get the sarcasm???

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I just saw this post now after this thread got bumped... LOL how could you not get the sarcasm???
    To be fair, this is the Internet. It’s not impossible to believe somebody somewhere would believe that.

Assuming there will be a couple years break before the first X-Men movie, I think they might introduce certain characters in solo films. I could see it being something like this

Storm in a Black Panther movie
    Rogue in a Captain Marvel movie
    Wolverine in a Spider-Man movie

Any other possibilities? I think this could be a cool way of teasing the X-Men until the relaunched movie comes

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Assuming there will be a couple years break before the first X-Men movie, I think they might introduce certain characters in solo films. I could see it being something like this

Storm in a Black Panther movie
    Rogue in a Captain Marvel movie
    Wolverine in a Spider-Man movie

Any other possibilities? I think this could be a cool way of teasing the X-Men until the relaunched movie comes
    I could also see Wolverine possibly being in a movie with Winter Soldier. Something that ties back to WWII (but without Cap since it sounds like he won't be back)

I also wonder if we could see the Starjammers in a future Guardians movie
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I could also see Wolverine possibly being in a movie with Winter Soldier. Something that ties back to WWII (but without Cap since it sounds like he won't be back)

I also wonder if we could see the Starjammers in a future Guardians movie
    God please give me a Starjammers movie. I know it would be very redundant with Guardians being what it is but I really would love to see them.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    God please give me a Starjammers movie. I know it would be very redundant with Guardians being what it is but I really would love to see them.
    Same here. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Guardians because of the drama with Gunn being fired, so who knows. Maybe it'll just take a while before we see the Starjammers
    Make Good Art

I just hope we get some of the real drama Claremont brought to the books, I really want some deep stories that represent how mutants are really hated and discriminated against in extreme ways and put into movies. I don’t want mutant avengers but I get a feeling that’s what we’ll get from Disvel.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I just hope we get some of the real drama Claremont brought to the books, I really want some deep stories that represent how mutants are really hated and discriminated against in extreme ways and put into movies. I don’t want mutant avengers but I get a feeling that’s what we’ll get from Disvel.
    Disney/Marvel is going to make an X-Men team that can sell toys

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    Disney/Marvel is going to make an X-Men team that can sell toys
    Wasn't Marvel already doing that tho, with the X-Men & its other IPs, long before Disney came along? Going all the way back to the 70's at least, if memory serves. I mean, it's not like comics have ever been regarded as adults only fare. Nor the cartoons, games, AND movies, that have been derived from them. To assert otherwise, would just be laboring under pretense, if one were being honest with themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I could see that happening with a series, but not so sure about a movie.
    Make Good Art