Page 652 of 885 FirstFirst ... 152552602642648649650651652653654655656662702752 ... LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 13267

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    I think her very reserved nature would prevent it more than anything. And she'd probably find him waaaaay too aggressive for her liking.
    Well some introverted women do tend to fall for extroverted guys but Hal and Jess would just be an odd pairing. Even more so than her and Barry, which I'm still not quite sure what they are trying to do with that.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-14-2017 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Is the most recent issue of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps the first appearance of Hector Hammond since the Brightest Day arc?
    I believe so. We haven't seen him in a while, since our boy hasn't been on Earth in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well some introverted women do tend to fall for extroverted guys but Hal and Jess would just be an odd pairing. Even more so than her and Barry, which I'm still not quite sure what they are trying to do with that.
    Maybe, but I get the feeling he would be too much "pressure" for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Maybe, but I get the feeling he would be too much "pressure" for her.
    You mean in terms that she would be dating "the greatest Green Lantern ever" or just in terms of his personality, being a daredevil and a womanizer, etc? Hal does bring a lot of baggage, whether as a GL or as a test pilot.

You mean in terms that she would be dating "the greatest Green Lantern ever" or just in terms of his personality, being a daredevil and a womanizer, etc? Hal does bring a lot of baggage, whether as a GL or as a test pilot.
    The latter. I don't think she really cares much for titles so, to be fair. I mean we sorta saw that when she was rolling with the Justice League, but I think it's more Hal's strong come on personality that likes to move at break neck speeds which would turn her off. And yeah, whenever his baggage comes up it's tough on everybody.

I think Jess looks up to Hal too much as a mentor or idol to ever see him in a romantic light, and I think conversely Hal sees her too much as a "kid" or protege to look at her romantically.
    Cowgirl was at the start of the Geoff Johns era, but pretty much vanished just before Blackest Night after which Hal was neglecting his Earth life, and probably was a casualty of Flashpoint (she certainly didn't appear in New 52). I think her last appearance involved the Star Sapphires, and Hal being forced to choose between her and Carol for who would be the recipient of a ring.
    The last time I remember her showing up in-person was her flying with Hal and the other Lanterns in Blackest Night.

After that we had Hal dealing with Carol kissing him and confessing her love for him in that event and Carol mentioned he had a girlfriend, which is probably the last time Cowgirl was ever addressed.

Is the most recent issue of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps the first appearance of Hector Hammond since the Brightest Day arc?
    In the Green Lantern books at least. Hammond fought Superman a few times in the New 52.

The problem with consistently doing big epic storylines is that the scale of these things becomes devalued. When every other arc has the fate of the Corps and/or the cosmos in the hands of Hal (because let's face it, that's what winds up happening most of the time) it's harder to believe this time will be the one and it must be tougher for Venditti to develop something that will legitimately raise the stakes. A set of small scale, more intimate one and done issues, each focusing on Hal, John, Guy or Kyle, as well as an issue focusing on the Corps when the Earth Lanterns aren't around would help this. A diplomatic mission for example, or Guy catching up with Ice.
    I think this is a product of writing for the trades. You have these 4 - 6 issue cycles of self contained story. Everything that happens has to serve that story so there isn't room for a Guy & Ice meetup or hanging plot threads with other corp members.
    Save Ferris...

If this were the 80s, Hal would be living with Jessica by now. Personally I think it would be a disservice to both characters if that happened. It makes Hal look totally egotistical (similar to the Arisia thing) by dating someone who idolizes him like that. And she doesn't really need a love interest at the moment. Later on maybe. But not now.
    Save Ferris...

Astonishing Member

He brings baggage by virtue of being the leading figure of the Green Lantern franchise. Very few leading figures have settled down into stable and healthy relationships with a single person. Look how long it took for Superman to be with Lois Lane as man and wife and no relationship dramas. The (super-)son helps.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I think this is a product of writing for the trades. You have these 4 - 6 issue cycles of self contained story. Everything that happens has to serve that story so there isn't room for a Guy & Ice meetup or hanging plot threads with other corp members.
    There are still one and done storylines that can be done. Even the foreshadowing issue set in the future was relatively self-contained. Apart from event tie-ins and crossover storylines the current Marvel Champions title has had almost exclusively one and dones. Take a break by having an issue of John leading during downtime. Maybe Salaak is chasing him up for forms to sign, or there's a building in need of repair. The issue in Quest for Hope where Guy and Arkillo had their no rings fight could have gone just before that arc. Use these issues to bridge the more epic arcs. We get both, everybody's happy. The slice of life issues are the best thing about Green Lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    It's sad that Hal is reduced to a punchline these days.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-14-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Didn't we see Hammond surrounded by the yellow Gremlins *years* ago?? (like around the first "Rebirth" or am I misremembering?) They were supposedly Evil Star's new Starlings.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Didn't we see Hammond surrounded by the yellow Gremlins *years* ago?? (like around the first "Rebirth" or am I misremembering?) They were supposedly Evil Star's new Starlings.
    Looked like Kroletoans to me. Plus someone is trying to take Hammond this time, so it's an external force at play.

Incredible Member

Venditti just keeps copying Geoff Johns' ideas. Hal talking with his father was copied from Sinestro Corps War and Flight. Hal fighting his Parallax possessed friend from Justice League was copied from Brightest Day. That Hammond scene was obviously copied from v4. Boring.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 10-14-2017 at 09:59 PM.