Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Incredible Member

How many movies do you think Pugh will star in as a black widow?

Pugh made 15 million for this movie.

https://ecelebrityspy.com/net-worth/...pugh-net-worth
    Last edited by gwhh; 07-16-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think Pugh will more likely have a D+ series than a movie. If she becomes a favorite in Hawkeye as well I can easily see it happen.

Incredible Member

What model plane did they fly to escape to Cuba in the opening of the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    What model plane did they fly to escape to Cuba in the opening of the movie?
    It was a Cessna, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    In the comics. The BW was sterile because of the super serum given to them. I thought Pugh rant was cruss and to much Hollywood/left course politically correctness.
    How on earth is this a leftist, politically correct thing?

Wouldn't conservatives also be opposed to involuntary sterilization?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I liked it. I would put it in the solid middle of the MCU.
    I'd say it was many the strength of the four leads that made the film work. The story and action were fine, but the actors carried it.
    My wife, who has only seen parts of some MCU films, also liked.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

https://www.impdb.org/index.php?titl...k_Widow_(2021)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It was a Cessna, wasn't it?

Astonishing Member

Ok I guess this is my one weird complaint. Maybe someone can explain this to me. At the end Black Widow stays to get captured by Ross. But they don't really show anything I guess the viewers just suppose to assume he picked her up and then let her go a couple weeks later? I mean I guess this is what happened but it was just an odd scene.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Ok I guess this is my one weird complaint. Maybe someone can explain this to me. At the end Black Widow stays to get captured by Ross. But they don't really show anything I guess the viewers just suppose to assume he picked her up and then let her go a couple weeks later? I mean I guess this is what happened but it was just an odd scene.
    I took it as she got away, as she did in the beginning of the movie, but stayed to divert Ross so her family could get away.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I took it as she got away, as she did in the beginning of the movie, but stayed to divert Ross so her family could get away.

Huh. Hmm. I didn't take it like she got away but now that you mention it I guess thats a possibility? Yea that whole scene wasn't clear to me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Huh. Hmm. I didn't take it like she got away but now that you mention it I guess thats a possibility? Yea that whole scene wasn't clear to me.
    The director has gone on record that she intentionally left the scene vague and open to interpretation. So I suppose whatever head canon you want to use.

Personally, there's no way Ross caught Nat. She's too good for that. And we don't need to see her escape basic goon squads. So I'm ok with it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    The director has gone on record that she intentionally left the scene vague and open to interpretation. So I suppose whatever head canon you want to use.

Personally, there's no way Ross caught Nat. She's too good for that. And we don't need to see her escape basic goon squads. So I'm ok with it.

Yea now that you guys explained it that way, it makes more sense to me. Thanks.

I liked it. I would put it in the solid middle of the MCU.
    I'd say it was many the strength of the four leads that made the film work. The story and action were fine, but the actors carried it.
    My wife, who has only seen parts of some MCU films, also liked.
    Yea I'd put it in the middle. My wife liked it more then me. Maybe it's the female angle because she also liked Birds of Prey way more then me. Yalena and Alexi stole alot of the scenes they were in for me. Still really enjoyed Scarjo though. Taskmaster not being Taskmaster was my only real gripe. Marvel is usually great about adapting a character but stil keeping the essence of what makes that character special. They missed the mark with Taskmaster imo. I forgive it only because it wasn't Tony. They called it the Taskmaster Program and can easily later say they ripped off the Real Taskmaster. With a Cybernticaly enhanced knock off. Taskmaster served the role it was suppose to in the film but it wasnt thent really the character. Seen people complain the character was neutered though and I didn't see that. Nat was in survival mode anytime they fought. And Alexi was just capable of taking alot.of damage. But he was getting his ass kicked too.

For me, Taskmaster is such a minor villain that I didn't care they repurposed him. But I get that others have more affinity for the character and therefore didn't like the changes.
    I felt the same about Mandarin, I know others were incensed over him in Ironman 3.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

How on earth is this a leftist, politically correct thing?

Wouldn't conservatives also be opposed to involuntary sterilization?
    The Tuskeegee Experiment among other incidents could answer that for you. Hell in recent days you have California agreeing to pay out victims of involuntary sterilization so.........

For me, Taskmaster is such a minor villain that I didn't care they repurposed him. But I get that others have more affinity for the character and therefore didn't like the changes.
    I felt the same about Mandarin, I know others were incensed over him in Ironman 3.
    Im not even a huge Mandarin fan. I do like Ben Kingsley and the badass way they set him up in the trailers, I was definitely more than annoyed at the swerve and def was the start of tipping the scale for me to hate IM3.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia