Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

I've been reading everything except Fallen Angels, and while I'm enjoying everything --

There's not a specific team that I really love yet.

But for whatever reason, seeing Synch and Darwin together really felt like the beginning of a team I could really find myself rooting for. (Laura is cool, too.)

Who else would you put around these three? I'm quite curious who you might choose.

Of course, by the time Scott and the others make contact with them again, they may not be the same people they once were.

-Pav, who figures Synch won't need to worry about being younger than Monet or whoever else any more...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I've been reading everything except Fallen Angels, and while I'm enjoying everything --

There's not a specific team that I really love yet.

But for whatever reason, seeing Synch and Darwin together really felt like the beginning of a team I could really find myself rooting for. (Laura is cool, too.)

Who else would you put around these three? I'm quite curious who you might choose.

Of course, by the time Scott and the others make contact with them again, they may not be the same people they once were.

-Pav, who figures Synch won't need to worry about being younger than Monet or whoever else any more...
    Oh you're right, I can ship them again after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh you're right, I can ship them again after this.
    Nope! Synch deserves to be Shogo's step-father!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

Thank god Darwin's there or else Synch would be dead. Again. Sooner.

BANNED

Nah, still not feeling this new direction.

While the actual idea behind this one was better, the execution of it is still just flat. These characters are just...not characters. They're just speech-bubbles; there's no discernible personality between them, no intonation--just pages and pages of exposition-y prattle before something happens and, by the time it does...I'm just left feeling really apathetic to it. The artwork is better, thankfully, drumming up a shred of something resembling emotion (Thank Christ for that one panel of definitely angry Laura. Like my god!) but by the time we finally get to the end of the issue I'm...not left concerned.

Like Scott said, there's a strategy here; Laura's healing factor keeps her from aging which, to an extent, Sync and Darwin can leech off of. They'll be fine.

And Scott? Buddy? Wanna move ya face at all any time soon? Emote? Slightly? Use body language maybe?? The "My god, what have I done?" Was the flattest thing I've ever seen. Why are you concerned, apart from Cerebro not being able to pick them up? What connection, even on a surface level, did you make with the team here to make us to believe you care? Like even slightly? Same for Xavier, but ten-fold because he barely faces the audience making him 10000% harder to read.

Every month I'm just left feeling that Hickman likes the idea of what the characters can do rather than who they are. I'm not seeing what all this hype was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post

While the actual idea behind this one was better, the execution of it is still just flat. These characters are just...not characters. They're just speech-bubbles; there's no discernible personality between them, no intonation--just pages and pages of exposition-y prattle before something happens and, by the time it does...I'm just left feeling really apathetic to it. The artwork is better, thankfully, drumming up a shred of something resembling emotion (Thank Christ for that one panel of definitely angry Laura. Like my god!) but by the time we finally get to the end of the issue I'm...not left concerned.

Like Scott said, there's a strategy here; Laura's healing factor keeps her from aging which, to an extent, Sync and Darwin can leech off of. They'll be fine.

And Scott? Buddy? Wanna move ya face at all any time soon? Emote? Slightly? Use body language maybe?? The "My god, what have I done?" Was the flattest thing I've ever seen. Why are you concerned, apart from Cerebro not being able to pick them up? What connection, even on a surface level, did you make with the team here to make us to believe you care? Like even slightly? Same for Xavier, but ten-fold because he barely faces the audience making him 10000% harder to read.

Every month I'm just left feeling that Hickman likes the idea of what the characters can do rather than who they are. I'm not seeing what all this hype was about.
    Execution really has problems. What made the issue for me was the art. Also i ttook 4 issues to pick up a thread from the 1st issue and then drop it again.

I guess Scott care because he could be sending teenagers to their deaths?
    Scott after decimation would do that without any regrets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Execution really has problems. What made the issue for me was the art. Also i ttook 4 issues to pick up a thread from the 1st issue and then drop it again.

I guess Scott care because he could be sending teenagers to their deaths?
    Scott after decimation would do that without any regrets
    I mean, I get what you're saying 100% but I'm not seeing too much difference in this execution between that? Apart from it being a bit more exposition-based, that is. I'm really not able to pick up any inclination that Scott actually, genuinely cares or...even has a reason to. It's just kinda feeling like "Oh. They're not back yet."

I mean, I get what you're saying 100% but I'm not seeing too much difference in this execution between that? Apart from it being a bit more exposition-based, that is. I'm really not able to pick up any inclination that Scott actually, genuinely cares or...even has a reason to. It's just kinda feeling like "Oh. They're not back yet."
    Before and when he send them, Scott was really fine with them going and doesn't show any concern.

I admit that is weird that only after 3 months he starts to worry and regrets

Extraordinary Member

I think it's less that he's sending them to their deaths and more that he doesn't know exactly where he's sent them. And all of them have the ability to survive hundreds of years.

I agree with about 98% of what you said, which is why I think that the three them need to their own arc just to unfold what all happened to them while in the vault. There was definitely too many panels showing what the old school squad was doing. More should have focused on Synch, Darwin, and Laura. We get that Scott and Xavier have planned for the mission, give some of the prep by the vault-walkers pre-mission.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Stunning. They outdid themselves.
    I was amazed by this artwork as well. Changing the background but keeping the three mutants in the same pose really sold the transition of the vault responding to their presence. I think it visually work in selling the oh '%*$@ moment'.

As I followed Hickman on his various runs, I read the issue thinking these Children were related to his Ultimates run, with a crazy Reed Richards creating a time bubble for his city and children of tomorrow.
    After reading some of the posts here, I now realize these aren't the same children. But I am excited that Hickman seems to be resurrecting that storyline and combining it with the one he created.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    His rainbow aura should be what makes him stand out. I prefer Synch with pupils.
    I can't believe modern artists are staying punked by mid 90's barely manifest digital colorists. This is what Synch is supposed to look like:

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

So pretty. Oh, the memories!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I think I understand why they did no pupils; Bachelo had Synch without pupils during that Gene Nation run in in the sewers, and those pages are at the top of the google results. But Ev didn't go around like that most of the time.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

What have, like five years passed since Synch was dead? Everyone he knew is older than him. His love interest Monet St. Croix is a woman now and he's still a teenager, I can see how that'd be traumatic.