Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This came out last week so can someone explain how this new "spy scene" is looking exactly?

Leviathan is now like Hydra where it can be used as evil guys in any story and Talia is the current leader? Waller is the main opposition and good guy like Nick Fury? While Talia has done some bad **** I'm not sure if I'd say that Waller is less evil than Talia.
    And what exactly Kamandi is doing now?
    I thought it was more like ORCHIS from X-Men

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Echoing what a lot of you have said, I WANT to like what Bendis is doing. He's bringing back characters and concepts I really like that DC hasn't been interested in for a long time. Kate Spencer's Manhunter is back!!!

When he's good I really like his work. I liked his Superman run a lot. I really liked Batman Universe.

But this was just Secret Invasion again. Issue after issue of absolutely nothing with a sudden garbage ending.

And Justice league is just his Avengers run again. I look forward to the Legion of Doom essentially taking over the US government for a year in a story that somehow goes nowhere with nothing happening.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I thought it was more like ORCHIS from X-Men

That doesn't make it any clearer to me

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I kept me far from this title cause I don’t have trust in Bendis anymore.
    Is it worth to read or is the usual inconclusive amount of speeches?

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I kept me far from this title cause I don’t have trust in Bendis anymore.
    Is it worth to read or is the usual inconclusive amount of speeches?
    It is the usual inconclusive amount of speeches. Congratulations for finding the best short sentence to define how Bendis stories go.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    That doesn't make it any clearer to me
    that Leviathan is made of members of other spy orgs

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    that Leviathan is made of members of other spy orgs
    And terrorist organizations.

And did Bendis ever explain how exactly that was pulled off? Did the janitors from the DEO join too?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

And did Bendis ever explain how exactly that was pulled off? Did the janitors from the DEO join too?
    My takeaway was basically "the world still sucks, the heroes aren't accomplishing anything, and through vague reasons we're going to be different...somehow."

Let's discuss as we sit around the table eating pizza and having light banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Let's discuss as we sit around the table eating pizza and having light banter.
    LOL, yeah it was never explained

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My takeaway was basically "the world still sucks, the heroes aren't accomplishing anything, and through vague reasons we're going to be different...somehow."
    This is what my thinking is too. For reasons we're going to come together to accomplish purpose

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I love the idea Bendis was bringing to the table, but jeez.... the execution was bloody awful.
    I stuck with it as long as I could, but this isn't worth my time or money.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We're going to take over the world and make it better by becoming a shadowy organization with a hidden agenda.

Too bad Facebook beat them to it.

Ultimate Member

Personally, I don't think Bendis' ideas were worth a damn.

I've always liked that DC's spy stories never hinged on one person/organization, because that limits growth and identity. Things will always snap back like a rubber band, and we'll have even less consequences.

Leviathan really is the best example. We've literally come full circle, with Talia as the head, just like she was BEFORE this damn crossover.

DC's terrorists and spies had their own roles and identities. Bendis took that all away, with barely any thought to the most important element of any spy story, the HOW.

HOW did Mark Shaw become some messiah for the espionage world?

HOW did he sweep up entire US agencies? I know comics have outlandish ideas, but can you imagine say, everyone in the FBI being recruited and vanishing without a trace?

Bendis wants praise for his ideas, but like with Secret Invasion, he doesn't want to put the work in.

Personally, I don't think Bendis' ideas were worth a damn.

I've always liked that DC's spy stories never hinged on one person/organization, because that limits growth and identity. Things will always snap back like a rubber band, and we'll have even less consequences.

Leviathan really is the best example. We've literally come full circle, with Talia as the head, just like she was BEFORE this damn crossover.

DC's terrorists and spies had their own roles and identities. Bendis took that all away, with barely any thought to the most important element of any spy story, the HOW.

HOW did Mark Shaw become some messiah for the espionage world?

HOW did he sweep up entire US agencies? I know comics have outlandish ideas, but can you imagine say, everyone in the FBI being recruited and vanishing without a trace?

Bendis wants praise for his ideas, but like with Secret Invasion, he doesn't want to put the work in.
    I don't think DC needed a SHIELD equivalent. Like, Argus maybe but it didn't need to destroy all the other organizations.

All-New Member

I read the entire thing - definitely a surprise.