View Poll Results: Who is your favorite black DC character?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Lightning

11 12.09%
  • Nubia

2 2.20%
  • Mr. Terrific

11 12.09%
  • Aqualad (Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm)

7 7.69%
  • The Signal (Duke Thomas)

2 2.20%
  • Kid Flash (Wallace West)

1 1.10%
  • Static

11 12.09%
  • Naomi McDuffie

1 1.10%
  • Amanda Waller

6 6.59%
  • Steel (I & II)

6 6.59%
  • Black Manta

5 5.49%
  • Bronze Tiger

6 6.59%
  • Icon & Rocket

1 1.10%
  • Bumblebee

5 5.49%
  • Other

16 17.58%
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I always wished I could get more into Amazing-Man. One of the few black legacy characters but something has always stopped me from really digging this character (besides scarce appearances of course). he seems cool but I think I just find his powers pretty basic and uninspired. I feel if they start using him more going forward they should add a unique quirk to his abilities to make him feel more dynamic and give him that extra creative umpth.
    I’m super excited about Amazing-Man’s role in Taylor’s next project. Supposedly it’s Injustice: Zero Year featuring the JSA. Would be cool if AM was a founding member of the JSA in that universe.

I think so much can be done with the character. The Watchmen tv show displayed how much potential there is for stories featuring a black superhero in the 1940s not only dealing with supervillains but with the extreme racism of the time. Plus Amazing-Man was a Civil Rights leader in DC mythology. Lots to explore and it makes him very socially relevant.

He also has a cool look and a classic superhero name. I would love to see more POC superheroes with the iconic “superhero” look. What can I say, I’m a fan of capes. It makes a character look larger than life. A character like Icon looks very natural standing next to the Trinity on Young Justice. Amazing-Man could be that for main DC continuity.

As far as his powers go, I think they’re great as no other top tier superhero has them. A creative writer could do some fun things with that power set. Hell, Amazing-Man could potentially absorb kryptonite and take down Superman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    As far as his powers go, I think they’re great as no other top tier superhero has them. A creative writer could do some fun things with that power set. Hell, Amazing-Man could potentially absorb kryptonite and take down Superman.
    Kinda bored with the hero vs. hero action, but it *would* be cool to see him take out one of the *bad* Kryptonians that way. Seeing Superman *saved* by kryptonite would be fun.

I love Amazing Man's power, and his costume is neat. Gold and green aren't terribly common for a color scheme, but it looks great on him.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Strange Adventures #4 continues the book's already strong characterization of Michael Holt. If you're a fan of him, even if you're not King's biggest fan, I suggest giving the book a look. The art is phenomenal and Michael's been getting a great showing thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Kinda bored with the hero vs. hero action, but it *would* be cool to see him take out one of the *bad* Kryptonians that way. Seeing Superman *saved* by kryptonite would be fun.

I love Amazing Man's power, and his costume is neat. Gold and green aren't terribly common for a color scheme, but it looks great on him.
    I’m not saying I want to see him fight Superman, just that his powers would allow him to take on a Kryptonian.

Incredible Member

FarSector02_1.jpg
    Some cool stuff is going on in this comic. On a side note does anyone not how to make images larger?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    FarSector02_1.jpg
    Some cool stuff is going on in this comic. On a side note does anyone not how to make images larger?
    Jo is effing badass. Glad that ridiculous thread was closed. She oozes personality and is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Anyway

quick resize, but I'm actually extremely excited about this! probably my most anticipated DC title for years now. I had pretty given up on this ever coming out.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Jo is effing badass. Glad that ridiculous thread was closed. She oozes personality and is fantastic.
    Agreed on all counts.

Ultimate Member

Yes. I really think that being so cut off from the rest of the DCU and having her own playground is really giving her a chance to shine, without being constantly interrupted by cameos from the flavor of the minute crossover guests showing up for some stunt-cast gimmickry.

Per DC Fandome: New Batman limited series (likely starring Luke Fox). Static digital series and Icon/Rocket comics, but the biggest news for me was that Static will be getting a live action film! Also seems like there’s a lot of Milestone animated projects in the works .

DC Blerd party! Milestone's on it's way back baby!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Gorgeous piece. My god, Nubia looks great here. Always nice to see Cyborg having a good time too. He's been so morose lately and it kills me.

oh yeah, we got our first possible look at Ryan Wilder as Batwoman a while ago.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-22-2020 at 06:47 PM.

currently following:

Who's the girl with the curley fro in the yellow dress with the Batman signal ...is that suppose to be Ryan Wilder or just a black female character I happen to not know about.