Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Marvel Future Fight

This is the discussion thread for the latest Marvel smartphone game, Marvel Future Fight. Downloaded it today and I love it so far.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BANNED

Don't play this. It's actually a great game with better mechanics and graphics than, say, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a huge potential roster and even a fun story. But it also uses every F2P trick in the book including timers, extra currencies, multiple ranks to increase, and extreme difficulty spikes that force lengthy grinding and that makes it is a frustrating, repetitive time sink. When I realized it might take me weeks, at least, of daily grinding to beat the story mode, I deleted it. And the experience doesn't change much if you spend money on it, unless you're some kind of Saudi billionaire who is cool with spending $200 for some costumes.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Eh, lack of any X-Men turned me off from it.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Don't play this. It's actually a great game with better mechanics and graphics than, say, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a huge potential roster and even a fun story. But it also uses every F2P trick in the book including timers, extra currencies, multiple ranks to increase, and extreme difficulty spikes that force lengthy grinding and that makes it is a frustrating, repetitive time sink. When I realized it might take me weeks, at least, of daily grinding to beat the story mode, I deleted it. And the experience doesn't change much if you spend money on it, unless you're some kind of Saudi billionaire who is cool with spending $200 for some costumes.
    See it's this philosophy which is infesting all these mobile games whilst a solid console game like Arkham or Injustice which wouldn't use this nonsense (large DLC packs at least have one price and that's it) go unmade.

Ultimate Member

Been enjoying this so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Eh, lack of any X-Men turned me off from it.
    It kept me from downloading it for a few weeks because a lot of my favorite characters are under that umbrella. Really sad to think that Betsy and Laura may not come to this game anytime soon or, heaven forbid, not at all

But I have taken the plunge, it's a great game. One thing I can say is that maybe because of the lack of X-Men we got some nice, rare playable choices added to the game at launch, or at least near launch. Love the fact that I have Sharon Carter on my team right now - don't know of any other game she's available to play as. Love that Blade is available right off the bat, haven't had him on a squad since Ultimate Alliance. Angela, though she's probably becoming more frequent in games, is available to me for the first time.

Also like that they avoided a pit fall I have seen in some of these Marvel mobile games: not letting work towards or purchase a specific character. The main reason I became a die hard for Marvel Heroes was that I was able to purchase Psylocke right off the bat. A few games I have tried had completely random character acquisition... not fun to see the character you want to play as in game but have 0 opportunity to get that character.

Anyway, I highly recommend the game. Fun game that you can play on the go with most of your favorite Marvel characters... and may bad luck rain upon Fox for this stupid fight over the characters :P
    They are, in other words, posed the way their male colleagues are typically posed. They are posed as heroes.
    G. Willow Wilson in regards to this picture.

This game is really fun. I have most of the roster except for Black Cat, Hulk, and Malekith.

I'm enjoying the game so far. Been collecting quite a few characters, but it does take a lot of gold to really level them up. I do like that some lesser seen characters are getting some love, but I really wish that we had some X-Men and FF characters in this.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

BANNED

im glad its fun for some of you all but my experience with mobile games is basically pay to win and in the event the game does poorly and the plug is pulled, you get nothing for all that money.

BANNED

Because I am weak, I downloaded this again after making my earlier statement and played it like a crackfiend for a month. After a month of endlessly grinding nearly identical levels and $14 spent on the game's in-app currency I completed the story mode, unlocked almost all of the heroes without expensive and ridiculous requirements, leveled three characters to the point that they can easily compete in the top five percent of multiplayer arena battles and beat all of the elite levels but the last few.

One caveat is that the last few storymode levels and the advanced elite levels I've finished were beaten with heavy help from continues bought with in-app currency. I probably spent three real-world dollars on continues for the last story level. I made a five dollar purchase just for this purpose.

And I am still only halfway ranked up at a three star ranking. To beat the last few elite levels or to get strong enough to beat the final set of story levels for free I'd have to grind for another couple of months, the same elite levels over and over, to earn the "biometrics" to rank characters to a five star elite level so they can continue to level above forty. From three to four stars is 80 biometrics. From four to five is 160. You need to be five to level from forty to forty-five and really stand a chance of beating the highest elite levels. And it wouldn't hurt to have six so you can level to 50, which I assume would require 320 biometrics. You tend to earn one to three biometrics for each hero per day for most heroes, sometimes you get really lucky and get six. When I realized I was looking at a multi-month grind of the same repetitive content to beat six of so levels I said no thanks and deleted the app again. The elite levels are just harder versions of the story mode levels anyway.

I'm revising my earlier don't play this recommendation. Play it if a daily grind appeals to you. But know that you're getting into the most diabolical comic-book-themed Skinner box ever devised.

I have been playing this game since the beginning and I really enjoy it. Yes, there is a bit of a grind nature to the game, but being able to auto-play after you 3 star a mission helps a lot. I've put some money into the game, but as I see it, I would spend that money somewhere (coffee/snacks/drinks) so I don't really mind spending on something I am currently enjoying. I have all but 2 characters right now and enjoy the gameplay a lot. Anyone else have thoughts on the game? Still wish that we could get some FF and X-characters, but it's nice to see some lesser known characters get game exposure.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Fantastic Member

have been playing this game for months and havent spent a single cent. game is very rewarding enough to not need to spend. any hate on the game for being F2P is unwarranted. game is great and addictive and i spend hours everyday playing this game. for something free, thats really something. and its not like you have to pay in order to win.

like my stance regarding mcu missing ff and x-men, im actually glad theyre not here as well as we ended up with more unlikely characters.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I guess my main problem with this game, and my only one really, is the tedious task that leveling up my heroes is. I wish there was an easier way, because having to constantly replay levels for experience is a drag.

But, other than that, I have no complaints. I love this game, so much that I've dropped around fifty dollars on it, something I never do. And I'm really glad they're adding more female heroes. The game was beginning to become a sausage fest.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

You are right about the leveling up of characters. It is tedious, but I do like the autoplay feature - does take some of the monotony out of it. Glad that there are more female characters - very much needed.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I've been enjoying the app so far, and I'm glad they added some more female characters. They aren't the ones I would've picked, but I'm glad they're included.
    That being said, I hate the new format for the new Honor/Chaos token shops. I only spent my tokens on one character at a time, so now having to rely on the luck of the draw really puts a damper on my excitement for Villain Siege and Arena modes.
    Battle World mode seems pretty fun so far.

What are some characters and costumes you all would like to see added?