Page 53 of 147 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Bruh, looks at this dude...
    What about it?

BANNED

I wonder if PAD will go into any detail about the Maestro's persona. For instance, are the other Hulks/Banner still in his head? "What Savage Beast" did have a version of the Maestro that could turn into a Banner form.

In the comics, various Hulk personas have sort of become proto-Maestro's: The Merged/Professor with the bullet shrapnel (and I think FI might've implied that the Maestro was the future merged anyway) Doc Green and of course the current Hulk. Although that's possibly because they'd all met the Maestro by this point and so the idea was already there.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I wonder if PAD will go into any detail about the Maestro's persona. For instance, are the other Hulks/Banner still in his head? "What Savage Beast" did have a version of the Maestro that could turn into a Banner form.

In the comics, various Hulk personas have sort of become proto-Maestro's: The Merged/Professor with the bullet shrapnel (and I think FI might've implied that the Maestro was the future merged anyway) Doc Green and of course the current Hulk. Although that's possibly because they'd all met the Maestro by this point and so the idea was already there.
    I doubt it.

PAD didn't write a Professor Hulk, he wrote a cured Bruce Banner.

Maestro isn't a persona, he's Bruce who was fed up with all the BS he went through, and decided to take what he wanted, what he felt he'd been denied his entire life.

An interesting (short) analysis of Immortal Hulk by a guy who focuses exclusively on Horror rather than comics -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    An interesting (short) analysis of Immortal Hulk by a guy who focuses exclusively on Horror rather than comics -

I watched that video the other day, it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I doubt it.

PAD didn't write a Professor Hulk, he wrote a cured Bruce Banner.

Maestro isn't a persona, he's Bruce who was fed up with all the BS he went through, and decided to take what he wanted, what he felt he'd been denied his entire life.
    True. PAD I understand wasn't quite too pleased with Jenkin's retcon either. Although Jenkin's run was seen as a massive improvement over Bryne's relaunch, it still had some issues.

I do like what Ewing's managed to do with what Jenkins's ideas though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

This comic is starting to get a little too relevant.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    As it should be.
    but of course, some (many?) don't like that... "fantasy only!!!"
    lol

If it reminds nuanced and allegoric (i.e. not heavy-handed), I don't mind. As a great author once said - "A good horror story is seldom about (on the surface) what it is really about."
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Hah isn’t it great? Definitely going to be symbolic of our time period that’s for sure.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    True. PAD I understand wasn't quite too pleased with Jenkin's retcon either. Although Jenkin's run was seen as a massive improvement over Bryne's relaunch, it still had some issues.

I do like what Ewing's managed to do with what Jenkins's ideas though.
    MPD aside, I honestly think that Ewing's current Hulk is more an evolution of PAD's Hulk than anyone else's, with the obvious bent towards horror.

PAD long since established the connection between gamma and the mind, and hinted at a greater connection between gamma and the spiritual with the Preacher who helped resurrect Marlo. Under PAD, Hulk was immortal as well, though he only died the once.

*Edit*

In PAD's Hulk novel, he also placed great emphasize on the fact that Bruce was a shapeshifter too. Like with Ewing, it had a little bit pf body horror.

Don't get me wrong, Al Ewing's stuff is pure genius. He's effortlessly weaving i past canon to take the Hulk in a new direction. I just think he's expanding on PAD's stuff, vs. Jenkins' underwhelming Hulk
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 06-02-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Wanted to ask you Hulk fans for help. Could anyone tell me the exact issue of Incredible Hulk were the Illuminati sent the Hulk into space?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Wanted to ask you Hulk fans for help. Could anyone tell me the exact issue of Incredible Hulk were the Illuminati sent the Hulk into space?
    Hulk is sent to space in Incredible Hulk #89, the second issue of the Peace in Our Time story arc. There He discovers he was tricked by Nick Fury and Shield.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Incredible_Hulk_Vol_2_89

In #91, we see that famous video message by the Illuminati.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Incredible_Hulk_Vol_2_91