Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    For an MCU movie...

- Based it on Jon Hickman's run.
    - Make it a high crazy science style movie.
    - Use Time Travel to set up stuff, with the FF as a secret hero group which operated in the late 60's, possibly with someone like Hank Pym aware of them, but otherwise unknown to the public. Meanwhile in the present the Future Foundation run by Franklin and Valeria Richards uncover the truth of what happened to their family on their last mission.
    - Doom also exists in the past, is a classic rule of nation armoured despot villain. Gets dragged into the present with the FF and becomes a threat.
    - Franklin (and maybe Valeria( as young already in past, utilise Franklin's amazing powers (avoiding mutant aspects).
    - Utilise villains outside Doom. Consider Diablo, Mole Man, Skrulls, Annhilus and set up for Galactus as wider Marvel threat.
    - Movie ends with FF and Doom in present with two Franklins.
    I love the idea of starting them off in the '60s and then transporting them to the present.

I wouldn't use dr. doom. I think the first story should take place in the past. Open with a giant monster(senty), and a mysterious alien. Tease that the being is Dr. Doom but end up revealing it to be Captain mar-vell. Have the conclusion of the film reveal the big bad as Ronan the accuser. Then end the movie with the reveal that the Skrulls are on Earth.

Second movie have the Skrulls running around Earth pretending to be the Fantastic Four. Have the film end with The Super Skrull showing up along with say Blastar, medusa, and Nitro.

Third movie end the Kree-Skrull war and do the death of Captain marvel

Future Foundation.
    The Fantastic Four are weird at their best and boring at their worst. But when you have them viewed through the lens of the kids they become something awe-inspiring.
    This also allows Doom to be in the movie without them trying to shoe-horn him in as an antagonist.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I love the idea of starting them off in the '60s and then transporting them to the present.
    Yeah I think the advantage of setting the team back in the late 60's means they still get to be the first modern team of heroes before the Avengers as in the comics, the space race era means their classic origin makes more sense, and Doom's classic origin within the bound of numerous small states around the Soviet Union means he works fine too.

For casting I would have George Clooney as adult Franklin, Charlize Theron as Susan Richards (she's been suggested on a few occasions I believe) and Liam Nielson as the voice of Doctor Doom.

3 part movie, Rama Tut / Kang/ Immortus.

I agree with the brief recap for how they got their powers.

Annihulus used in the Kang movie.

I had also thought of this idea, back when they were discussing a FF/X-Men crossover.

Think Terminator 2.
    Skynet = Sentinels
    John Connor = Frank Richards
    Terminator = Wolverine
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

The original script of the last F4 movie actually sounded pretty awesome. Follow the Ultimate story, having the team get their powers through the Negative Zone. Encounter Annihlus and Dr. Doom. Focus less on emo teens and more on futuristic sci-fi adventures. That's all you need for a quality F4 movie. If that fails, just follow the template from Fantastic Four Season One. That's as good a retelling as any and a highly underrated comic to say the least. It IS possible to make a good F4 movie. Pixar proved that with the Incredibles. Fox really has no excuses anymore and given how much money they lost on the last movie, I think they've proven that they need to let the rights go back to Marvel.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

First off I would have the story take place in the aftermath of Avengers Infinity War and have the Future Foundation be a government funded school for gifted geniuses.

I mean the last movie almost had it right, but it hampers on the whole dimensional traveling and its overall darker tone.

I would restore it's original 60's origin of the rocket ship and Cosmic rays, but have it be an off sight project of the Future Foundation. Also the place is located in the Baxter Building, but the school is called the Future Foundation.

For villains have it be the Mole man and have him be an ex-S.H.I.E.L.D scientist gone bad.

Make rumors of Atlantis and Latvaria to set up the next film and have Doom make a cameo at the very end.

At least that's how I would do it.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The original script of the last F4 movie actually sounded pretty awesome. Follow the Ultimate story, having the team get their powers through the Negative Zone. Encounter Annihlus and Dr. Doom. Focus less on emo teens and more on futuristic sci-fi adventures. That's all you need for a quality F4 movie. If that fails, just follow the template from Fantastic Four Season One. That's as good a retelling as any and a highly underrated comic to say the least. It IS possible to make a good F4 movie. Pixar proved that with the Incredibles. Fox really has no excuses anymore and given how much money they lost on the last movie, I think they've proven that they need to let the rights go back to Marvel.
    I would stick to them getting their powers through going into the Negative Zone and Annihilus being the main threat but would keep Doom out of it. I would have gone with them getting stuck in the NZ and having to get home while adjusting to their new powers. On the run from the forces of Annihilus who sends his best general Blastaar after the team. They would make it back to Earth and seal up the NZ portal, but some of Annihilus's forces make it through and are destroyed in the process. In the end you see a foreign dignatary buying up some of the alien tech on the black market and shipping it back to Latveria (setting up Doom for movie two or even three).

The whole movie would be more action focused with them fighting to survive and get home.

Just pique people's interest I would go with the story from FF 348 in which Wolverine, Spider-man, Hulk and Ghost Rider become the new Fantastic Four.

BANNED

Tell the origin from Heroes Reborn, which ties the origins of FF, Doom, Galactus, and Surfer into a single tight narrative that spans 3 films.

Astonishing Member

Assume the origin is known and have them as mature heroes.
    Drop the changes in characters and cute casting tricks. Have classic Johnny and Sue
    Classic Doom - now ruler of Latveria with armor and magic. Met Reed in school.
    Fight a good old monster or alien - don't have to many cliffhangers for a series that might not develop - have a contained story.
    I do like the Ben that is annoyed at his fate.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    I would make the story be from Doctor Doom's point of view. The movie would be set largely in Latveria, and a large part of it would be about how he deposes the royal family there and becomes the dictator for life. He would transform Latveria from a third world country into a cloistered, North Korea-esque dictatorship albeit one that is decades, if not a century or more ahead of the rest of the world. Then he sees his hated rival Reed Richards on TV announcing a trip to Mars with his family. Reed has found a way to get there in a fraction of time it would take NASA today, and the reason he's bringing his family along is because he's so confident in his methods. This ENRAGES Doom and causes what amounts to a nuclear arms race with where Doom develops his armor, travels to NYC after Reed and company have already developed their powers, and tries to kill them simply out of petty jealousy.
    Sounds to me like an amalgam of the Lost in Space origin and reduces Doom to being a poor man's Dr. French.Actually now that I think of it bring back the old Amalgam concept and do Fantastic Eight : Lost In Space. Way Cool I think.
    Last edited by alton; 08-20-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I would cast the FF with a new cast

Will Smith - Mr Fantastic
    Rihanna - Invisible Woman
    Jaden Smith - Human Torch
    Samuel Lee Jackson - Thing
    You've got to be kidding me! What would Ralph Ellison think of a Black actor playing an Invisible character?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I would cast the FF with a new cast

Will Smith - Mr Fantastic
    Rihanna - Invisible Woman
    Jaden Smith - Human Torch
    Samuel Lee Jackson - Thing
    No thank you.

Anyway can we skip the origin? I mean everyone knows it.

Can we just start with them already as heroes?

Already established.

Have Doom try to make his own FF team the same way the originals got created. He succeeds and they have different powers.

I don't know if Fox could use him but have one of the members be the black kid from Fantastic Force and Black Panther's homeland. Vibraxas

Valeria Von Doom

Frankie Raye

Plant seeds for an X-Men Crossover-Synch, Prodigy, Chirs Muse, Monet or someone from that group.

The 2005/7 movies were not far from being good. All they needed was better adversity. Doom was weak and then crowbarred into the sequel and don't even mention Galactus. Clouds of gas and dust with barely noticeable anthropomorphic qualities do not make great villains.

Go back to that format, re-emphasise the family dynamic with the affection, squabbling. Give the director a clear remit to not reinvent or bring a unique vision but instead pull out and examine the qualities that make the franchise relatable to a family audience. Fun, mystery, cosmic wonder, dynamism and joy.