Page 225 of 774 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325725 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 11598
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    But when Agatha took Wanda away from Monica that actually turned out to be a good thing. Even though this version of Agatha was more evil than the comics, she still acted as her mentor and made her break through to remember what she's been through, how she created the Hex and Vision, and finally helped her embrace her true self.

The last episode was rewritten and reshot a lot, and then they had to finish it at the last minute, so Monica and Darcy were originally going to have more to do, but it is clear that it wasn't enough for Monica to understand and sympathize with Wanda, she neded someone who could make her face the truth.

If Monica had convinced Wanda to take down the Hex in episode 7, then Vision and her children would have disintegrated and everyone would be worse off. Thanks to Agatha she was able to do it in a way that gave her closure and at least made it possible for her to get to a better place.
    Ohhh your breakdown and point I completely agree with, I enjoyed all that a Ton , I should have made it clearer my point was that in what the story gave Monica did not give enough of a chance to help Wanda like she should have been given, but I like that her views where understanding and her mission was trying to accomplish that, I admired that Allot about Monica in this, made me enjoy her allot and made me want to know appreciate more of her comic character!

I’m Sorry for my confusing message I was trying to say.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

The director has said that before COVID they shot a whole scene with Monica, Darcy, Ralph and the kids, which they wound up not using, and I guess they didn't have time to film something else, so Monica, Darcy and Ralph don't have much to do in the episode. But fitting the "real world" characters into the show was always a problem it had.
    That would have no doubt been cool

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Ohhh your breakdown and point I completely agree with, I enjoyed all that a Ton , I should have made it clearer my point was that in what the story gave Monica did not get enough of a chance to help Wanda like she should have, but I like that her views where understanding and her mission was trying to accomplish that, I admired that Allot about Monica, made me enjoy her allot and made me want to know appreciate more of her comic character!

No, it wasn't confusing at all!

I think they wanted Monica to stick up for Wanda because they knew that would make the audience like Monica. And they did.

Ohhh your breakdown and point I completely agree with, I enjoyed all that a Ton , I should have made it clearer my point was that in what the story gave Monica did not give enough of a chance to help Wanda like she should have been given, but I like that her views where understanding and her mission was trying to accomplish that, I admired that Allot about Monica in this, made me enjoy her allot and made me want to know appreciate more of her comic character!

I think it was sort of sad how cartoonishly evil the villains were in WandaVision. Agatha going from entertaining to "lol I'm a CHAOS witch, (dat means I'm more evil than other witches)" after the reveal so that we had a super villain to fight kind of distracted me. I feel like I didn't actually understand what she wanted, other than to... just be a super powerful super villain? I guess? It sucks, because she was such an entertaining character otherwise. Also there was that line from Hayward about how he "couldn't bring his loved one back to life" but it kinda felt like they were trying to force a sympathy angle on him at the last minute because he didn't speak again and just started shooting at children. He was so inexplicably bloodthirsty, but they only kind of hinted at why. I also wish Monica didn't feel so sidelined by the end since she was clearly meant to be a parallel to Wanda, going off that ending exchange, and it felt like we were missing something there.

Watch season 2 be WandaSamson. She hangs out with Doctor Samson who becomes her unwitting accomplice/therapist.

Ty Burrell's schedule looks to be wide open Marvel .

Extraordinary Member

I don't like them making Agatha into a villain but she didn't really do anything that was terribly villainous. She wanted to steal Wanda's power, but it seems like she just wanted it for its own sake, and because Wanda was "undeserving" of such power and Agatha would be better equipped to handle it. Agatha did some bad things and had no problem brainwashing people (so she's not better than Wanda), but hurting people wasn't her main goal. We wanted to see Wanda beat Agatha because we didn't want Wanda to die, but it wasn't a battle to decide the fate of the world or even the fate of Wanda's family (she already knew what had to happen to them), it was just a personal fight over whether Wanda would accept her fate to be the Scarlet Witch, or just give up and die.

Hayward was ridiculous though. Almost everything Agatha says about Wanda is true, and that's why it helps her to hear it, while Hayward just spends the whole show lying about Wanda and painting her as a villain. They could have made him much more nuanced, but instead it turns out he was only pretending to be nice to Monica and Wanda to cover up his evil schemes.

Edit: OK, killing Sparky is pretty villainous, but to be fair, he would probably have also disappeared with the Hex.
    Last edited by gurkle; 03-24-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think it was sort of sad how cartoonishly evil the villains were in WandaVision. Agatha going from entertaining to "lol I'm a CHAOS witch, (dat means I'm more evil than other witches)" after the reveal so that we had a super villain to fight kind of distracted me. I feel like I didn't actually understand what she wanted, other than to... just be a super powerful super villain? I guess? It sucks, because she was such an entertaining character otherwise. Also there was that line from Hayward about how he "couldn't bring his loved one back to life" but it kinda felt like they were trying to force a sympathy angle on him at the last minute because he didn't speak again and just started shooting at children. He was so inexplicably bloodthirsty, but they only kind of hinted at why. I also wish Monica didn't feel so sidelined by the end since she was clearly meant to be a parallel to Wanda, going off that ending exchange, and it felt like we were missing something there.
    I think Liked them all in the end and I think the Entertaining Factor of Agatha gives her a greater chance of coming back cause she was such a hit with the audiance.

I honestly still like the ending too, but that missing some people got out of it was likely cause of the Covid Cuts, I still think they stuck the landing where it needed to be based on the Strong Acting by the overall cast and the story for the mostpart, otherwise the Show would not be getting as much praise as I have seen or being now a comparable stick to other Marvel Projects coming after it, wheather that is fair or not.

But again to each their own, but I Like it all, did wish Monica got to do more, but still really liked her character and made me appriate her more in the comics, that is what an adaptation should try to achieve as part of it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Watch season 2 be WandaSamson. She hangs out with Doctor Samson who becomes her unwitting accomplice/therapist.

Ty Burrell's schedule looks to be wide open Marvel .
    I actually hope her partner would be Ian McNee, Modred or Victoria Montesi.
    Samson is a great character but I am prefer her hang out with people in her own circle if that makes any sense.

I think Liked them all in the end and I think the Entertaining Factor of Agatha gives her a greater chance of coming back cause she was such a hit with the audiance.

I honestly still like the ending too, but that missing some people got out of it was likely cause of the Covid Cuts, I still think they stuck the landing where it needed to be based on the Strong Acting by the overall cast and the story for the mostpart, otherwise the Show would not be getting as much praise as I have seen or being now a comparable stick to other Marvel Projects coming after it, wheather that is fair or not.

But again to each their own, but I Like it all, did wish Monica got to do more, but still really liked her character and made me appriate her more in the comics, that is what an adaptation should try to achieve as part of it.
    No question about it, WandaVision was a damn interesting show. The high concept sitcom stuff, showing more of the fallout of Infinity War/Endgame, the further exploration of the ethics of what these superheroes are doing, the full on HORROR elements. Seriously, that scene where Vision snaps his coworker out of the illusion was creeping me out. That's what I was hoping for from this show, and I kind of went in expecting the ending to feel more like standard MCU, so I guess it just didn't bother me too much (although it did a little bit). Really I just think they needed a few more episodes to make that ending more understandable, because the last two felt pretty rushed and I left with more questions than I felt like I should. I understand limiting it to a small episode order, especially since these shows are confirmed to be homework for the movies going feared, but considering the episodes were sitcom length I feel like one or two more would have helped tie things up a little cleaner without making it TOO long.

I wanna see what Monica will be up to in Secret Invasion though. And I think Agatha will be back and funnier than ever!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-24-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I actually hope her partner would be Ian McNee, Modred or Victoria Montesi.
    Samson is a great character but I am prefer her hang out with people in her own circle if that makes any sense.
    Wanda's circle isn't that big though

Extraordinary Member

I mean, it's not hard to imagine Hayward as a real person since a lot of time real life can get weirder than fiction. Again when it comes to corrupt government officials and hyper rich Bourgeois, their mistakes are often toned down while more regular crimes/misdoings are exaggerated in fiction.
    Not saying Hayward is not a generic and bland villain, he certainly doesn't fit the proper standard for a nuanced take on fictional villain.

No, it wasn't confusing at all!

I think they wanted Monica to stick up for Wanda because they knew that would make the audience like Monica. And they did.
    Indeed Gurkle!

Which is why the show seem to be getting allot of praise now even more then even my hopes or views of that ending then I though it might, I has become a New Measuring Bar for Marvel Projects now it seem. Whether that is fair or not, but it seems any breakthrew project does that now aday.

We can breakdown for honestly good reasons why something did or did not work which makes sense and we have the right to do so. Heck any major Film or Series can have justifiable moments and plot points to point out why they might not work.

But what has been the Overall reaction to this show, its characters and its meaning has seem to struck a cord with the wider world in a postive sense I even did not expect.

That is why as you said, Wanda, Vision, Agatha, The Twins and Monica are becoming much more liked names in the General Public and Comics now, otherwise these runs on the TPB would not have happen.

This is a good thing that hopefully will lead the MCU to have even better well thought out Projects for Wanda in the future to Iron Out points fans like us found missing, that is just how Art is.

But we take the Good and Should appriated the good we got out of it along with the missed and bad, which exists in mostly everything cause it was made by flawed humans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Wanda's circle isn't that big though
    I mean they didn't really use many characters related to her in WV. Her circle is not that big, but big enough to form a sizable supporting cast.
    If she is gonna deal with Chthon in her next solo/co-star project, she will needs friends in mystical fields.
    Modred could serve both as a temporary villain and helper for her with understanding Darkhold. Ian McNee is the scholar, so it's natural for him to explain stuff about magic lore. If it's Victoria, then they can explore their fate together.

Extraordinary Member

Again, I think MCU Wanda's theme should be refusal to be defined by your own trauma and maybe the struggle against her own written fate(the mystical theme of denying a prophecy).

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, it's not hard to imagine Hayward as a real person since a lot of time real life can get weirder than fiction. Again when it comes to corrupt government officials and hyper rich Bourgeois, their mistakes are often toned down while more regular crimes/misdoings are exaggerated in fiction.
    Not saying Hayward is not a generic and bland villain, he certainly doesn't fit the proper standard for a nuanced take on fictional villain.
    Yea Honestly after what I have seen just the past few years alone both on the TV and in my real life, it is amazing just how tamed fiction is compared to real world people at times and I seriously mean that, just Yikes at times!

That is why I think in recent ages villain styles we use to diminish as wacky seem to mirror are our not enough, it is why villains like those can work for many cause of our differing world experiences.