Page 82 of 166 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2482
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The deleted scene from X2 showed burst of electricity, the concept art for DoFP showed light burst, XMA wants to be comic accurate with Jubes visual, I'm thinking we likely will get some mixture of electrical-light-firework effects for her.

I don't care which one as long as she nukes the Arcade as is tradition.
    Hah yeah. They've got an arcade in the movie, so we better see that! ;P

Anyway, apparently Jubilee will have a totally random cameo in Squirrel Girl's book, issue #3:

There wasn't any information about it in the solit. Meanwhile, check out the far right lower corner of this variant cover:

Source for both:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-still-matters
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

So she's definitely still a vampire in Squirrel-Girl, but didn't that largely ignore Secret Wars? AFAIK it was still running while SW was going, and we've yet to get any confirmation whether or not she's still a vampire or if she gets her powers back in the cosmic shakeup afterwards.

Also:

Woot! Laura out in front!

BANNED

I'm so happy that Jubilee will be showing up in USG #3.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    yeah I read that, thought that was pretty lousy. Why do people forget the damage fireworks can do? Dont they watch the news?

BTW Jubes was my 1# in my female X-men list and Im glad she made the top 10.
    Sometimes I have this strange suspicion that people think Jubilee's power is the equivalent of throwing glitter at people. No, really. I think that because her power is pretty and multicolored, that it's not effective.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So she's definitely still a vampire in Squirrel-Girl, but didn't that largely ignore Secret Wars? AFAIK it was still running while SW was going, and we've yet to get any confirmation whether or not she's still a vampire or if she gets her powers back in the cosmic shakeup afterwards.

Also:

Woot! Laura out in front!
    Cross-posting from the GenX thread:

Jubes still a vamp.

I guess, like Looker of DC's Outsiders long ago, "undeath" is now her default state.

Adios plasma firecrackers (Xcept in next year's X'92)..
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Why would SW change her vampire status? It did not change anything else (beyond importing a few characters from other universes).

The 8 month gap is another issue of course, that would be a good way to excise this part of her character without having to invest any panels to it.
    Well, assuming someone at Marvel wanted to.

Jubilee appeared in Squirrel Girl?? Which issue?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Jubilee appeared in Squirrel Girl?? Which issue?
    USG #3 that will be released on Dec. 16, 2015. The placeholder for it in the Marvel Wikia is here if you want more information:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Unbeata...l_Girl_Vol_2_3
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Oh my god... They gave Jubes electricity powers in the new garbage heap of an X-Men film? LMAO
    So she's basically just Surge now? How are people supporting idiot writers that apparently can't even be bothered to read her wikipedia page to know that she does more than "shoot fireworks from her fingertips"?

Eugh. Dammit, Fox...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
    Oh my god... They gave Jubes electricity powers in the new garbage heap of an X-Men film? LMAO
    So she's basically just Surge now? How are people supporting idiot writers that apparently can't even be bothered to read her wikipedia page to know that she does more than "shoot fireworks from her fingertips"?

Eugh. Dammit, Fox...
    1) We don't know how much McAvoy really knows about how they're rendering her powers.

2) Fireworks are just what she DOES with her powers. What her powers ARE is the manipulation of plasma, and plasma and electricity are inextricably linked. So technically he's not entirely wrong.

1) We don't know how much McAvoy really knows about how they're rendering her powers.

2) Fireworks are just what she DOES with her powers. What her powers ARE is the manipulation of plasma, and plasma and electricity are inextricably linked. So technically he's not entirely wrong.
    I hope her powers look good and not simple electricity!!!

I don't care if they get her powers exactly right. What I care about if she gets to be a real character with a personality. I don't want her to be like most of the non-Big-Four characters in X-Men Days of Future Past: just a set of powers with the personality of cardboard.

BANNED

Why is she in that trash Squirrel Loser book?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Its really no point this board for the most part hates X-Men movies even though all the facts point to this movie being the most like the comic's we've seen

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

It can't be any worse than the Generation X film making Jubilee's powers COMPLETELY ineffective... let alone... (even though I don't think it was a huge issue,) they had cast a Caucasian actress to play her.

OR...

What about Jubilee's role in X-Men 1? She can be seen three or four times sitting in a classroom or VERY briefly in pajamas looking at Rogue take Logan's powers when he had a nightmare. Her deleted scenes consisted of, "The Emperor became Christian..." and "What kind of mutation is that?!"

Her role in X-Men 2? At least they tried a little bit more... but they didn't show her get kidnapped and cut out her actual intro scene at the museum, where she would've casually had sparks on her hands. She literally is seen for the first time at the end of the film, inside the Alkali Lake compound, saying, "Storm!" as Storm says, "Jubilee!" You can get glimpses of her running in pajamas to the X-Jet... and then you can hear her in Xavier's classroom ask "Professor, is everything alright?" In the final cut, if Storm didn't say, "Jubilee!" people wouldn't know that was supposed to be her in the background.

In X-Men 3- LOL... five seconds at MOST sitting in Xavier's classroom across from Kitty... wearing some old granny purple outfit.
    --------------------

With X-Men: Apocalypse... they are actually TRYING to do her RIGHT this time around. Lana is in the ensemble cast, and actually partied, ate, hung out with everyone in the main cast if you followed her online accounts. Crew members and extras also posted pictures of her and feedback of her performance, or how they hung out together. Jubilee's costume was taken right from the comics with some small tweaks, so anyone watching the film will automatically know who she is if they are a comic fan. She gets to use her powers, in some way or form, as per both Lana AND James McAvoy. She has a story arc of sorts, and most of her scenes are with the main teens as they interact, form relationships, and grow as friends/mutants. Those are important scenes that likely won't be getting axed, as anything with Jean, Cyclops, and Nightcrawler is pretty much locked in. So, Jubilee is too.

Bare minimum, her screen time is greater than the first three films, which is something to be happy for.