Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Love this design! Looks like something right out of X-Men Evolution. Considering that's the show that first gave us Laura, I find that uniquely satisfying.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I still say give Laura the yellow and blue color scheme since Logan is back in brown and tan. That would be cool IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I still say give Laura the yellow and blue color scheme since Logan is back in brown and tan. That would be cool IMO.
    The yellow and blue never suited her and it never will (especially not the blue); the black and grey are far more her colors.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 09-10-2020 at 11:36 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    The yellow and blue never suited her and it never will (especially not the blue); the black and grey are far more her colors.
    I agree with you. Give her the black & grey it looks much better on Laura, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree with you. Give her the black & grey it looks much better on Laura, IMO.
    It's also canon that Laura prefers darker colors. She outright said as much in dialogue.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Love this design! Looks like something right out of X-Men Evolution. Considering that's the show that first gave us Laura, I find that uniquely satisfying.
    Wasn't this the cannon costume from the second half of All-New Wolverine when the biker jacket is off?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gymer View Post
    Wasn't this the cannon costume from the second half of All-New Wolverine when the biker jacket is off?
    Yes, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's also canon that Laura prefers darker colors. She outright said as much in dialogue.
    Indeed she does, as I also recall.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed she does, as I also recall.
    Confirmed - she does say this when Jubilee (vampire) takes her dress shopping and has her try on some white dresses in X-23 2010-12 series. I really like the art by Sana Takeda, but it's best not to zoom in otherwise you see the linework a bit too closely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Confirmed - she does say this when Jubilee (vampire) takes her dress shopping and has her try on some white dresses in X-23 2010-12 series. I really like the art by Sana Takeda, but it's best not to zoom in otherwise you see the linework a bit too closely.
    IMO Takeda's art is very dependent on one's taste. I've never been a fan of Animesque art styles and character design, so it never really did much for me.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    IMO Takeda's art is very dependent on one's taste. I've never been a fan of Animesque art styles and character design, so it never really did much for me.
    Of course, art is subjective. Though I wouldn't categorize her art style as animesque - she is Japanese but looking through her art style it doesn't seem like Anime. Closest I've seen was some 90's Shatterstar run that I can't remember the name of.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Of course, art is subjective. Though I wouldn't categorize her art style as animesque - she is Japanese but looking through her art style it doesn't seem like Anime. Closest I've seen was some 90's Shatterstar run that I can't remember the name of.
    Her style is more similar to shojo or bishounen manga. And on the topic of manga I'd love to see
    Sandrovich Yabako and Daromeon do a story on her.
    v9.jpg
    r21.jpg

I never htought id see the day that Laura would take a backseat to Gabby. They better address Laura in the upcoming NM bc its unrealistic IMO for Gabby to not be affected by losing her sister. I think we've only seen her once since that happened and it was her laughing and have a grand ol time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I never htought id see the day that Laura would take a backseat to Gabby. They better address Laura in the upcoming NM bc its unrealistic IMO for Gabby to not be affected by losing her sister. I think we've only seen her once since that happened and it was her laughing and have a grand ol time
    To be fair, that could have been Logan and Daken distracting her and keeping her from dwelling on it.

But it's long, LONG overdue for us to get SOMETHING about her. I was over the Krakoa era when it was announced to begin with, (frankly, my suspension of disbelief has been completely shattered by how much continuity has to be disregarded to make it work) but Marvel doesn't get another dime from me until the Vault nonsense is resolved. :-P