Page 164 of 255 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3815
    Incredible Member

Funny, how Pym shows up with the Beyonders just when Thor and his team was just about to make their move towards them. So the Ivory Kings aren't as bad as they seems. So we're still missing on where Captain Universe is, her host's missing child, and some missing info of what happened during the timeskip. And now we have Tony's mysterious and disturbing disappearance.

I do have a question. Did Doom build a Bridge?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Funny, how Pym shows up with the Beyonders just when Thor and his team was just about to make their move towards them. So the Ivory Kings aren't as bad as they seems. So we're still missing on where Captain Universe is, her host's missing child, and some missing info of what happened during the timeskip. And now we have Tony's mysterious and disturbing disappearance.

Pym didn't show up with the Beyonders. He was showing them a recording.

BANNED

Avengers World is where some of the Doom stuff is happening right? Does that have an end date like Secret, New, and Original Recipe Avengers do? Is it in the timeskip?

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Avengers World is where some of the Doom stuff is happening right? Does that have an end date like Secret, New, and Original Recipe Avengers do? Is it in the timeskip?
    Avengers World has yet to touch any of this stuff beyond AIM being involved in that massive 14 issue story. However, starting with the next issue (#17), it will begin to fill in some of the info of the 8 month gap. The last two issues were AXIS tie-ins. Based off of the solicits, issue 17 will deal with Smasher and Cannonball (and the baby), issue 18 will deal with Sunspot's acquisition of AIM (as well as something to do with Starbrand and Nightmask), and then #19 and 20 will be a two-parter dealing with the Cabal, presumably the attack on Wakanda, and the break-up of the Avengers group. From what I gather, #20 will be the final issue.

So 4 issues each remaining in Avengers, Avengers World, and New Avengers.

This bring's something to my attention. What if Captain Universe's daughter is the Great Destroyer? From what I remember, the birth of the Great Destroyer is what began the death of everything, but I don't recall it being explicitly linked to a dead universe. I'll have to re-read.

And another thought, is the Ultimate Universe the one Cap pushed away with the Infinity Gauntlet? That might explain why the Incursion is the last one, because the two universes had already met before.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Circling back to how Tony is death and Steve is life? That would fit.
    i thought the twist was that its steve who is death; and tony being life?

considering steve's... skewed priorities; i fully expect him to do something ridiculously self-righteous that dooms them further

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

considering steve's... skewed priorities; i fully expect him to do something ridiculously self-righteous that dooms them further
    Pretty sure it's other way around. Even if Tony is still Superior in the time skip, we haven't seen him do anything yet to earn that title of Monster that he was called by Kang, Immortus, and Iron Lad.

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

Yea, I think that was a Bridge Doom built. I read on another thread that one of the Marvel solicits realted to Time Runs Out (Secret Wars Prelude) mentioned something about Doom facing threats from a universe he created. Does anyone else thing the Ivory Kings look like the High Priest of Science from Doom's universe??? I would kind of make sense that the Priest of Science would be at odds with the Commanders of Magic. Light and Dark. Maybe MM is taking Doom back to his universe.

I'm still curious how all of the OS stuff with the time gem ties in to the story. I mean, the time gem is still broke right?
    Mark Allen Chi

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Pretty sure it's other way around. Even if Tony is still Superior in the time skip, we haven't seen him do anything yet to earn that title of Monster that he was called by Kang, Immortus, and Iron Lad.
    Future Hawkeye implied that Stark sort of messes up big time somewhere down the line too. And that really hasn't happened yet. Because really Stark hasn't done Jack with the Illuminati. He's just been one of the background guys while the rest have done the heavy lifting. And that up to this point surprised me since I thought Hickman was building up Stark for something bigger with the whole life and death thing. So I'm assuming now that he's free we'll get that.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    And another thought, is the Ultimate Universe the one Cap pushed away with the Infinity Gauntlet? That might explain why the Incursion is the last one, because the two universes had already met before.
    That would be....woah. It's also possible they're the planet saved by the Great Society. It could be a rubber band type thing. They alt Earth is set to collide with ours, bounced back and avoided the other Earths and snaps back to ours. Making the Infinity Guantlet's a temporary solution. Or, for the Great Society it passed through but was still teethered, snapped back and passed through the empty space and on to us.

It'd be ironic if Cap's action essentially spared the Ultimate Universe all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

I see your point, but Steve's point of view was represented by the Great Society, whom had the "everything lives" speech.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markallenchi View Post
    Yea, I think that was a Bridge Doom built. I read on another thread that one of the Marvel solicits realted to Time Runs Out (Secret Wars Prelude) mentioned something about Doom facing threats from a universe he created. Does anyone else thing the Ivory Kings look like the High Priest of Science from Doom's universe??? I would kind of make sense that the Priest of Science would be at odds with the Commanders of Magic. Light and Dark. Maybe MM is taking Doom back to his universe.

I'm still curious how all of the OS stuff with the time gem ties in to the story. I mean, the time gem is still broke right?
    IMO Hickman never puts anything out there just on a whim. One of the last Fantastic Four stories he did was a whole issue showing the Doom universe with the Priests and the Prophets who rebelled against him. He did say in one of his interviews when it was decided to end his Fantastic Four run that he wrapped that issue quickly but his original intention was that it was going to be a longer story. Maybe he will revisit that here and that is why Doom looks pretty damaged in an upcoming cover of New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I see your point, but Steve's point of view was represented by the Great Society, whom had the "everything lives" speech.
    Ah, but is it more important what they say, or what consequences their actions contribute towards?

If Steve is unwilling to kill, but this unwillingness results in the death of better than 99.9999999999999% of the people in the universe (including aliens), and Tony is at least willing to consider killing (this being kind of ruined by the fact that he couldn't pull the trigger), but his preferred course of action might have saved that same proportion of living souls.... then which of them is death, and which is life?

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Ah, but is it more important what they say, or what consequences their actions contribute towards?

If Steve is unwilling to kill, but this unwillingness results in the death of better than 99.9999999999999% of the people in the universe (including aliens), and Tony is at least willing to consider killing (this being kind of ruined by the fact that he couldn't pull the trigger), but his preferred course of action might have saved that same proportion of living souls.... then which of them is death, and which is life?
    If there's literally only 2 universe left by the time of the next incursion, then I'm not sure they can really assume blowing up another planet will do them any good (and that's coming from a person that all along defending the use of the bombs). For whatever reason, it just doesn't seem to work if universe are dying regardless. I think Hickman is almost changing the rules of the game to create more of a "Cap was right all along" scenario. Of course that would only be looking at things in hindsight... so far I'd stull argue the bombs are the practical way to go in the position they were in given what they knew at the time.