Page 14 of 166 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-25-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Still not seeing any Harley Quinn in this show
    You would think she would have been one of the first pseudo villains cast with her connection to Arkham
    Not really feeling anything besides the cop drama with Gordon and Bullock.
    I want this show to be good but it seems like its shaping up as another almost human for Fox and it doesn't even have a Batman appearance to fall back on as it actually becomes good.
    shame
    Um, Harley would be, at most, 8 years old at this point on the bat-timeline. Possible as young as 4.

Has anyone else noticed that Fish Mooney seems to be trying to channel Eartha Kitt's Catwoman, right down to things like calling Gordon a "cool drink of milk"? It's weird and doesn't fit the character, but it's there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Fish Mooney seems to be trying to channel Eartha Kitt's Catwoman, right down to things like calling Gordon a "cool drink of milk"? It's weird and doesn't fit the character, but it's there.
    Very much so. Gordon's going to have his very own Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Um, Harley would be, at most, 8 years old at this point on the bat-timeline. Possible as young as 4.
    Not seeing it
    I mean the show already has most of the villains being older than Bruce now. Harley is only a few years younger than Ivy and the Joker

THE LEGEND REBORN Preview Special: Heroes & Villains (Part 4) | GOTHAM

Spectacular Member

My expectations for this show are exceedingly low, which is sad because they started out pretty high actually with how much we've seen them get right initially.

However, things like them beating the audience over the head with "OSWALD COBBLEPOT BECOMES THE PENGUIN GAIS!! PENGUIN REFERENCES! PENGUIN REFERENCES EVERYWHERE!!" and the infuriating "Ivy Pepper" staring me in the face after EVERYONE Else seems to have gotten to keep their normal name and origins.... I think I'll wait until it starts airing and see how reception is and see if they undo the whole "Ivy Pepper" crap last minute.

I can tell you tho, if she remains "Ivy Pepper" and that's just it, they changed her name because: Reasons... I won't be watching.

why didn' they just adapt Gotham Central.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRin View Post
    My expectations for this show are exceedingly low, which is sad because they started out pretty high actually with how much we've seen them get right initially.

However, things like them beating the audience over the head with "OSWALD COBBLEPOT BECOMES THE PENGUIN GAIS!! PENGUIN REFERENCES! PENGUIN REFERENCES EVERYWHERE!!" and the infuriating "Ivy Pepper" staring me in the face after EVERYONE Else seems to have gotten to keep their normal name and origins.... I think I'll wait until it starts airing and see how reception is and see if they undo the whole "Ivy Pepper" crap last minute.

I can tell you tho, if she remains "Ivy Pepper" and that's just it, they changed her name because: Reasons... I won't be watching.
    You would not watch a show because they renamed the "secret identity" name of Poison Ivy? Wow...........

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I went to the Wizard World Chicago Con on Sat, but missed getting in line early enough to see the premiere showing of the pilot because some of the other panels got out late. I did talk to several people there who saw it though and they said it was excellent.

Astonishing Member

This looks sooo good. It's going to be a treat to watch this back to back with Person of Interest.

BANNED

Watch Later "Selina Kyle" "the Balloon Man"

Have they released that yet?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Predator JP View Post
    why didn' they just adapt Gotham Central.
    DC must have atleast 3 or more missed opportunies a year as mandated by those in charge. It goes towards their bottom line.

But yes adapting Gotham Central would have been the best way to go, and if done right could have lead them in the direction of actually having a show that was possibly even Emmy worthy. Interesting that DC is throwing more GC characters into the mix now though.

In any case, I know what to expect from Gotham, and therefore don't really see much to interest me. I'll check out the first episode.

I view this almost as a Gotham Central. This is about the police and the beginnings of the madness. This is Jim's story. If you view it that way there is a lot to be excited about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    I view this almost as a Gotham Central. This is about the police and the beginnings of the madness. This is Jim's story. If you view it that way there is a lot to be excited about.
    Yeah, this is exactly how I'm seeing it. Sure they're makeing some decisions I don't exactly agree with, but overall I'm really looking forward to this.