Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1119

impact was good. lashley went nuts and it was pretty awesome.

james storm's revolution/wolves run-in was done pretty well. i completely forgot about the feast or fired case, are there any other cases out there still?? damn storm has held the tag titles with a lot of different partners. i don't even mind abyss joining storm's group. a group like that could always use a big guy, can't really think of a better way to use abyss if they must use him but then what are they going to use that big indian guy for??

madi vs taryn i thought was very good. madi just works much better as a heel.

kenny king sucker punching mr butthole and then running was funny.

the menagerie vs bros & blondes. **** the menagerie sucks, i did like jesse getting to show a bit of a meanstreak though.

EY with spud vs tyrus with EC3 was OK. decent storyline progression. lashley killing EY & spud post match was good.

samoa joe kind of berryed the X-division title again, though not his fault.

shaw vs gunner no DQ, i actually enjoyed this much more than i xpected too. so glad samuel is interesting again. he and brittney have good chemistry.

lashley vs aries was good. lashley got suplex crazy and looked like a monster.

lucha underground plus impact on wed night is so much better a 3 hour block of wrestling than RAW on mondays right now. i know it's not really a fair comparison but still true.

Fantastic Member

Da Meltz said that some folks from Destination America, which is a network I don't even get, and is available is in 52% of homes told him that they believe a deal is done between TNA and Destination America. Whether this show is still 2 hours or even on Wednesdays remains to be seen. ROH will probably be viewed by more people because even though Destination America is available in 52% of homes some of them are only available on higher priced tier cable or satellite packages. I can't get this channel on Direct TV unless I pay for the higher tier package. UTA the agency that gets their 15% cut of the deal are the real winners here.
    Last edited by marvell2k; 11-13-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    Da Meltz said that some folks from Destination America, which is a network I don't even get, and is available is in 52% of homes told him that they believe a deal is done between TNA and Destination America. Whether this show is still 2 hours or even on Wednesdays remains to be seen. ROH will probably be viewed by more people because even though Destination America is available in 52% of homes some of them are only available on higher priced tier cable or satellite packages. I can't get this channel on Direct TV unless I pay for the higher tier package. UTA the agency that gets their 15% cut of the deal are the real winners here.
    If they take this deal the Dixies level of stupidity is record breaking.
    They make no money, so the solution is to take a deal that pays less money, on a station many less people get, and few who do get it know they get it.
    Should have sold it to Toby keith when they had the chance.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    If they take this deal the Dixies level of stupidity is record breaking.
    They make no money, so the solution is to take a deal that pays less money, on a station many less people get, and few who do get it know they get it.
    Should have sold it to Toby keith when they had the chance.

I agree but at the end of the day it's not my company and if she wants to continue running it into the ground and if Indy geeks want to continue wrestling for pennies fine by me. I don't even get the channel so out of sight out of mind.

Astonishing Member

Has nothing to do with the product, it's apprently good right now and they are wrestling in front of 200 people at tv tapings.
    TNA is dead, it has no life, the name is poison and attedence vs indie shows with TNA talent proves that. To take less money when you are currently losing money and locking people into contracts where they get paid per appearance and only work once a month because they can't afford to tape more than once a month is unconscionable.
    Last edited by alex; 11-13-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Fantastic Member

At this point if you are a wrestler there is absolutely no upside for choosing TNA over ROH. ROH you will probably be seen by more people #1. Also they actually run house shows, also they have that NJPW relationship that gives them bookings in Japan. NJPW is head and shoulders bigger than W-1 and let's face it that relationship may not last for TNA. Also if you are in ROH you have a chance of ending up in WWE. If you are a TNA wrestler you might as well give up any hope of ever making it to WWE.

Extraordinary Member

Missed it. Hopefully i can catch a replay somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    impact was good. lashley went nuts and it was pretty awesome.

james storm's revolution/wolves run-in was done pretty well. i completely forgot about the feast or fired case, are there any other cases out there still?? damn storm has held the tag titles with a lot of different partners. i don't even mind abyss joining storm's group. a group like that could always use a big guy, can't really think of a better way to use abyss if they must use him but then what are they going to use that big indian guy for??

madi vs taryn i thought was very good. madi just works much better as a heel.

kenny king sucker punching mr butthole and then running was funny.

the menagerie vs bros & blondes. **** the menagerie sucks, i did like jesse getting to show a bit of a meanstreak though.

EY with spud vs tyrus with EC3 was OK. decent storyline progression. lashley killing EY & spud post match was good.

samoa joe kind of berryed the X-division title again, though not his fault.

shaw vs gunner no DQ, i actually enjoyed this much more than i xpected too. so glad samuel is interesting again. he and brittney have good chemistry.

lashley vs aries was good. lashley got suplex crazy and looked like a monster.

lucha underground plus impact on wed night is so much better a 3 hour block of wrestling than RAW on mondays right now. i know it's not really a fair comparison but still true.
    Yea I mostly liked the show, better than what we see on RAW. I like the whole Storm thing. I just wish he would convince Abyss to drop that ridiculous mask.

I agree but at the end of the day it's not my company and if she wants to continue running it into the ground and if Indy geeks want to continue wrestling for pennies fine by me. I don't even get the channel so out of sight out of mind.
    i hope this doesn't mean you won't be posting in this thread anymore, you're damn near the lifeblood of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Yea I mostly liked the show, better than what we see on RAW. I like the whole Storm thing. I just wish he would convince Abyss to drop that ridiculous mask.
    the mask sucks but all storm's whole crew has shitty masks/paint. they could at least go back to the old mankind style mask though.

Fantastic Member

i hope this doesn't mean you won't be posting in this thread anymore, you're damn near the lifeblood of it.
    Honestly there is no reason for me to even care anymore. If it manages to get on Destination America there is no guarantee on who will even still be wrestling for the company at the time. Lots of contracts will be up or be up for option with only a few with secure deals that will expire sometime in 2015. It's not even worth me even commenting on at that point. I have better things to watch like Lucha Underground to even care.
    Last edited by marvell2k; 11-14-2014 at 10:32 AM.

the mask sucks but all storm's whole crew has shitty masks/paint. they could at least go back to the old mankind style mask though.
    Always thought Storm should have had TJ remove his Manik mask and just be TJ. So that then you transition to Storm convincing Abyss to lose it too.

Astonishing Member

"Thomas Hutter, who wrestles as Ethan Carter III with TNA, suffered a torn biceps and is expected to need surgery. Generally, that type of surgery requires about a six month rehab period.

Carter III has been one of the focal points of TNA's television show and was expected to be pushed as one of the key players if and when a new television deal is put together.

Carter III was scheduled to face Tommy Dreamer in a hardcore match tomorrow night on the House of Hardcore show in Philadelphia."
    This isn't as bad as it sounds, they have already taped tv through mid december and spike apprently isn't running the show the last two weeks of december anyway.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    "Thomas Hutter, who wrestles as Ethan Carter III with TNA, suffered a torn biceps and is expected to need surgery. Generally, that type of surgery requires about a six month rehab period.

Carter III has been one of the focal points of TNA's television show and was expected to be pushed as one of the key players if and when a new television deal is put together.

Carter III was scheduled to face Tommy Dreamer in a hardcore match tomorrow night on the House of Hardcore show in Philadelphia."
    This isn't as bad as it sounds, they have already taped tv through mid december and spike apprently isn't running the show the last two weeks of december anyway.
    Technically this Wednesday is the last new taped episode. Then the following week it's getting preempted and they will be airing a movie instead. Then the first 3 weeks of December are best of episodes and then the last two weeks may be preempted as well. Then that's it until they either have a date in place for Destination America or they are lost and never to be seen again. TNA fans must feel exactly like AWA fans during their finals days. But hey they might get that tv deal though but if they don't you have to wonder if next week they will let the audience know they aren't going to be running new episodes for a while.

Astonishing Member

Technically this Wednesday is the last new taped episode. Then the following week it's getting preempted and they will be airing a movie instead. Then the first 3 weeks of December are best of episodes and then the last two weeks may be preempted as well. Then that's it until they either have a date in place for Destination America or they are lost and never to be seen again. TNA fans must feel exactly like AWA fans during their finals days. But hey they might get that tv deal though but if they don't you have to wonder if next week they will let the audience know they aren't going to be running new episodes for a while.
    My mistake.
    Except for the isn't a big deal part, it still isn't a big deal.

Honestly there is no reason for me to even care anymore. If it manages to get on Destination America there is no guarantee on who will even still be wrestling for the company at the time. Lots of contracts will be up or be up for option with only a few with secure deals that will expire sometime in 2015. It's not even worth me even commenting on at that point. I have better things to watch like Lucha Underground to even care.
    honestly i don't know why you care now or for the past year or so, there have always been better things for you to watch if you wanted to. i mean just because TNA was on a channel you get you didn't have to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Always thought Storm should have had TJ remove his Manik mask and just be TJ. So that then you transition to Storm convincing Abyss to lose it too.
    that's what i was hoping. i've seen TJ do a pretty good emo heel gimmick in the past, that would've worked fine i think.