Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I don't know if they're the most popular, but they're the most popular with me:

Free Spirit (I would also include Jack Flagg, but he's dead (I think))
    Living Lightning
    Sabra
    Rage
    Mastermind Excello (I would include the original Black Widow (not Natasha, the real original Black Widow) and the Phantom Reporter, who work for him, but mainly Mastermind Excello)
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    Jack of Hearts
    Red Wolf
    Union Jack
    Tigra
    Shroud
    Damn, I forgot about Red Wolf and the Shroud (and Tigra, too, for that matter). I'm not going to change my list, but it goes to show there are more than five who I wouldn't mind seeing again.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I don't know if they're the most popular, but they're the most popular with me:

Free Spirit (I would also include Jack Flagg, but he's dead (I think))
    Living Lightning
    Sabra
    Rage
    Mastermind Excello (I would include the original Black Widow (not Natasha, the real original Black Widow) and the Phantom Reporter, who work for him, but mainly Mastermind Excello)
    Ooh, Sabra!

There are a bajillion forgotten mutants I'd love to see again, and Sabra is definitely one of them. Ditto Frenzy, Tempo, Omerta/Pauli Provenzano, Unuscione, Chimera, Madison Jeffries, Wicked, Shola Inkosa, Scaleface, Dragoness, Diamond Lil, etc. (Some of them are 'dead,' but that's a temporary condition for mutants anyway...)

And then there are the (non-mutant) characters that will probably never be seen again. Alas, poor Sun Girl, we barely knew you!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It's for the best. Marvel is determined to put Carol over. If they ever bring Genis-vell back he will be a villain or a total loser so Carol's place as the one true Captain Marvel won't be threatened.
    Good point. It would be so heartbreaking to see Genis-Vell brought back only to be just a tool to prop up another character.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-05-2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Damn, I forgot about Red Wolf and the Shroud (and Tigra, too, for that matter). I'm not going to change my list, but it goes to show there are more than five who I wouldn't mind seeing again.
    But which Red Wolf? They introduced the new, time-displaced one without ever addressing the one who's currently a member of the Rangers.

Limbo character?

Belasco, no doubt about it!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Limbo character?

Belasco, no doubt about it!
    See now I would have gone with S'ym, merely for snapping off the claw from the skeleton from Wolverine and using it as a tooth pick.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good point. It would be so heartbreaking to see Genis-Vell brought back only to be just a tool to prop up another character.
    I wondered if he might become a new Eternity, due to his being scattered across the universe, and yet connected, and linked to the cosmic all through his cosmic awareness, but no, he's just in limbo. Boring!

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I want to say Scott Lang but it seems like he is not very popular.
    Baby Thanos

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    I want to say Scott Lang but it seems like he is not very popular.
    He doesn’t have to be. It’s a character you wish would appear but know isn’t going to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, Sabra!

There are a bajillion forgotten mutants I'd love to see again, and Sabra is definitely one of them. Ditto Frenzy, Tempo, Omerta/Pauli Provenzano, Unuscione, Chimera, Madison Jeffries, Wicked, Shola Inkosa, Scaleface, Dragoness, Diamond Lil, etc. (Some of them are 'dead,' but that's a temporary condition for mutants anyway...)

And then there are the (non-mutant) characters that will probably never be seen again. Alas, poor Sun Girl, we barely knew you!
    Sabra was recently in Aaron's Avengers and is due to show up again.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

1. Shaman (Michael Twoyoungman)
    2. Talisman (Elizabeth Twoyoungman) and a cameo in Champions doesn't count
    3. Aurora
    4. Genis-Vell
    5. Jolt
    6. Charcoal (can always reassemble himself)
    7. Equinox
    8. Hellcat

Someone said the original Silver Surfer? Who replaced him?
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    1. Shaman (Michael Twoyoungman)
    2. Talisman (Elizabeth Twoyoungman) and a cameo in Champions doesn't count
    3. Aurora
    4. Genis-Vell
    5. Jolt
    6. Charcoal (can always reassemble himself)
    7. Equinox
    8. Hellcat

Someone said the original Silver Surfer? Who replaced him?
    Aurora definitely feels abandoned. Shaman occasionally appears when Dr. Strange contacts all of Earth's greatest mystics for something. Sasquatch and Puck show up rarely as part of Carol Danver's iteration of 'Alpha Flight.' Northstar's an occasional X-Man. But Jean-Marie? She's shown up about as much as Marrina, and Marrina's *dead.* Come to think of it, I haven't seen much of Snowbird, lately, since the 'God Squad' and Hercules' funeral, anyway.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Aurora definitely feels abandoned. Shaman occasionally appears when Dr. Strange contacts all of Earth's greatest mystics for something. Sasquatch and Puck show up rarely as part of Carol Danver's iteration of 'Alpha Flight.' Northstar's an occasional X-Man. But Jean-Marie? She's shown up about as much as Marrina, and Marrina's *dead.* Come to think of it, I haven't seen much of Snowbird, lately, since the 'God Squad' and Hercules' funeral, anyway.
    Next to Vindicator/Guardian, Aurora was my favorite original member of Alpha Flight.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    He doesn’t have to be. It’s a character you wish would appear but know isn’t going to.
    Wasn't the OP asking the 5 most popular characters specifically?