Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

I think that while there is no absolute proof storm is bisexual or pansexual, there is no proof she isn't. I'm gonna go by people's logic and say unless she explicitly states she is absolutely 100 percent straight then there is no proof that she is and my storm is bi or pan claim is a legitimate head canon.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    You weren't complete in the first place so stop typing. You asked the question none of us knew what the answer would be and then you got the answer you didn't like.
    My last tweet to him if it's his take or Marvel's take because people are referencing his tweet. He didnt reply.

Besides , he was referring to Storm's first mohawk phase where nothing actually happened between Storm and Yukio.

Screenshot and paste the whole tweet conversation. Im fine with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K-Kitsune View Post
    What I'm getting at is even if they wanted to show Storm in an explicitly obvious sexual relationship with a woman, they wouldn't have been ale to show it, especially at the time. But writers know how to convey these things in other ways.

But some people in the thread will not take the blindfold over their eyes off until Ororo is shown rolling around in the sheets with a woman uttering "For the record, I am officially a bisexual woman, and I just had sex with another woman Yes this is 616 Storm speaking!". The single most important writer in Storm's history, Chris Claremont, writes a woman as her "heart's desire" who "tugs at her heart strings", and says Storm got into relationships that "transcended gender", even a recent writer of Storm, Frank Tieri, who wrote a same-sex kiss with her agreed with a twitter user thanking him for including Storm's bisexuality in his "Axis" story, saying "And yeah, people forget about that [her bisexuality]. I mean, what did they think was going on with her and Yukio? ", he even playfully ridiculed another user for disagreeing with him.

It's true, Storm is a woman that resists suffocating labels that western society tries to impose on us all, but bisexual is probably the easiest way to describe her sexuality. A sexuality that has shown desire for both men & women, perhaps not in equal measure, but a desire that is very much there.

It's a shame some will accept her attraction to an interdimensional alien, Khan, without a peep, because he reads as male/masculine presenting, yet bring up Yukio or female attraction and watch them suddenly sprout into a fiery, firm, homophobic panic.
    This, this so this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    My last tweet to him if it's his take or Marvel's take because people are referencing his tweet. He didnt reply.

Besides , he was referring to Storm's first mohawk phase where nothing actually happened between Storm and Yukio.

The rest of us see it differently.

BANNED

Storm doesnt talk something negative. She wouldnt use words like "stupid", etc.

But i know how Storm falls in love. This is where rutog98 and i differ especially when it comes to the Storm/Wolverine relationship but we agree that Storm is straight as there'r no proof/evidence showing otherwise.

I do not have an issue with same sex relationship. It's just that Storm isnt. Making Storm bisexual is changiing her sexuality.

Arya asked this to rutog98. If i was the one asked, i dont have an issue with same sex relationship. Do you have issues of Storm being straight?
    Now, there is a question that deserves it's own thread... As it stands it's been an well over an hour and no one has answered your question yet
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-06-2015 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Now, there is a question that deserves it's own thread... As it stands it's been an well over an hour and no one has answered your question yet
    *headdesk*

False equivalency. What representation do straight people need ?

BANNED

Yes, Storm is bisexual. She was deeply in love with Sage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    *headdesk*

False equivalency. What representation do straight people need ?
    What does "representation" or "equivalency" have to do with asking, "Do you have issues ̶o̶f̶ (with) Storm being straight"?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-06-2015 at 08:25 AM.

BANNED

The rest of us see it differently.
    Yup. He didn't reply to my question. When i have the time, ill post it for you.

And to K-kitsune, of course we accept Storm's attraction to Kahn because it was clearly shown in the comics.

The user didnt feel ridiculed at all because it never happened as it never showed in comics.

He was disappointed though of how the writer responded to him when all the user did was provided the info. He said it was inverted Storm which was true but what did the writer do? But im just going to see it as the writer was just referencing him onto something and it was the Storm fan who thinks the writer was ridiculing the other user.

Not the same as Hercules case cos there was at least a scan showing that one of the girls knew and Northstar ran away.

Not the same as Iceman's case because other xmen characters have commented on Iceman's sexuality.

Storm is bisexual? Prove it before you confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    What does "representation" or "equivalency" have to do with asking, "Do you have issues ̶o̶f̶ (with) Storm being straight"?
    There's no "issue" with being straight. It's completely normalized behaviour.

That's why people who perceive a character to be sexually fluid due to subtext are defending their stance. It's erasure that straight people don't have to face since they're already the normal. Hence the inherent false equivalency of asking "Do you have issues with Storm being straight?" as if it's the same as asking "Do you have issues with Strom being bi?".

So to answer your question / concern / whatever: No the fans don't have a problem with her being straight, they have a problem with a potential other case of bi-erasure. Especially right after that whole Hercules debacle.
    Last edited by Supernature; 08-06-2015 at 08:41 AM.

BANNED

Marvel isn't a person with one voice. It's a corporation controlled by a bigger corporation. So the way you phrase your question is problematic.

As if writers on twitter have the time / energy to reply to every simpleton that @s them...

BANNED

Marvel isn't a person with one voice. It's a corporation controlled by a bigger corporation. So the way you phrase your question is problematic.
    Tell that to Mr. Alonso.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 08-06-2015 at 08:41 AM.

BANNED

As if writers on twitter have the time / energy to reply to every simpleton that @s them...
    Exactly, he answered one tweet that's enough.

BANNED

Of course no one has a problem with anyone being straight, that's a ridiculous question to ask and an almost insulting one to answer. It implies that taking issue with heterosexuality is analogous to taking issue with bisexuality/homosexuality etc. An incredibly dense implication.

I do, however, have a problem with Storm's more fluid sexuality being erased, forgotten & ignored.

Edit:
    There's no "issue" with being straight. It's completely normalized behaviour.

That's why people who perceive a character to be sexually fluid due to subtext are defending their stance. It's erasure that straight people don't have to face since they're already the normal. Hence the inherent false equivalency of asking "Do you have issues with Storm being straight?" as if it's the same as asking "Do you have issues with Strom being bi?".

So to answer your question / concern / whatever: No the fans don't have a problem with her being straight, they have a problem with a potential other case of bi-erasure. Especially right after that whole Hercules debacle.
    I just saw this post, thank you for this. I just realized I posted almost the same thing but less eloquently!
    Last edited by K-Kitsune; 08-06-2015 at 08:44 AM.