Page 347 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2472973373433443453463473483493503513573974478471347 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Jonah Hill In Talks For Matt Reeves’ ‘The Batman’ At Warner Bros.: https://deadline.com/2019/09/jonah-h...os-1202742916/

Jeff Sneider: "Wait... now hearing JONAH HILL will be playing The Riddler!"

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/sta...58641113964544
    Really not a fan of Jonah Hill. I think he’s super overrated and comes off as a d bag in real life.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So pretty much confirmation about them looking for a black Jim Gordon, and I guess a black Barbara too. Still weird to me that it is always the redheaded characters, lol.

There were those rumors about them looking at Zoe Kravitz for a role in Batman and people assumed it was Catwoman, but I wonder if it would be Barbara now. Although given her age it would set up a Bruce/Barbara romance possibly which would be not ideal but I don't think the people making and producing the movie look at stuff like that compared to comic fans. So who knows.
    I think this film is its own thing compared to other DCEU. I imagine they’d want Batgirl to team with the Birds Of Prey Or Gotham City Sirens. So more than the likely they’ll stick with a red head. I also 100% believe their looking for a Hispanic actress for Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Whew, thank God. For a moment there I thought they'd were about to accidentally let a redhead character stay a redhead, but they remedied it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Not just that, it's also the fact that they usually seem to specifically make them black. I think only Maggie Sawyer was turned Latina in the Arrowverse, but basically every character with red hair that I can think of was turned black. Isn't Mercy Graves sometimes depicted as a redhead too? If so, she was Asian in BvS so maybe that's another rare exception.

As for the Zoe Kravitz rumors, the fact that the Gordons would be black doesn't negate the possibility of a black Catwoman.
    Scott Lang in MCU, Matt Murdock in Fox Film/MCU and Roy Harper in Arrow aren’t redheads despite being so in the comics and there hasn’t been much of a fuss made about those compared to ones changed to another race. If you wanna go further back to Smallville, Lana Lang wasn’t a redhead despite being so in the comics.
    When it comes to Latinos, there are Afro Latinos like Tessa Thompson who plays Valkyrie, Zoe Saldana who plays Gamora and Winston Duke who plays M’Baku but their Latino heritage is never acknowledged. Latinos are there just not in the form people would expect them to be but their heritage can’t be ignored simply because their seen as black first.

The Jeffrey Wright news would seem to put the prequel rumors out to pasture, btw.

Unless we're assuming he somehow grew into J.K. Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    Scott Lang in MCU, Matt Murdock in Fox Film/MCU and Roy Harper in Arrow aren’t redheads despite being so in the comics and there hasn’t been much of a fuss made about those compared to ones changed to another race. If you wanna go further back to Smallville, Lana Lang wasn’t a redhead despite being so in the comics.
    When it comes to Latinos, there are Afro Latinos like Tessa Thompson who plays Valkyrie, Zoe Saldana who plays Gamora and Winston Duke who plays M’Baku but their Latino heritage is never acknowledged. Latinos are there just not in the form people would expect them to be but their heritage can’t be ignored simply because their seen as black first.
    Because those roles were cast before raceswapping gingers became a reoccurring pattern. Charlie Cox reportedly tried to dye his hair red but apparently looked terrible so they decided to let Matt have brown hair instead. I should've been more specific in terms of this started happening in more recent years, since Smallville was almost 20 years ago. Valkyrie and the original comic book Gamora are not redheads, I was talking specifically about changing characters with red hair, not changing white characters in general.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-23-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The Jeffrey Wright news would seem to put the prequel rumors out to pasture, btw.

Unless we're assuming he somehow grew into J.K. Simmons.
    Well Batman Forever is technically still in the same continuity as the Burton Batman movies despite expected us to believe that Billy Dee Williams's Harvey Dent in Batman 89' turned into Tommy Lee Jones's Two-Face in Batman Forever.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-23-2019 at 08:26 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Whew, thank God. For a moment there I thought they'd were about to accidentally let a redhead character stay a redhead, but they remedied it.
    I don't care what skin colour is wally. But, he better be red head. If it ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    I think this film is its own thing compared to other DCEU. I imagine they’d want Batgirl to team with the Birds Of Prey Or Gotham City Sirens. So more than the likely they’ll stick with a red head. I also 100% believe their looking for a Hispanic actress for Catwoman.
    Nope. This film is part of the DCEU, just in its own corner of that universe.

Black Widow, Kory and Mera are still redheads in their live action incarnations and the most recent Lois Lane was a redhead. Even if Barbara is black, it doesn't mean she won't have red hair.

And yeah, it's bullshit that this ranting about redhead erasure only ever comes up when it's black characters playing white redheads. Almost none of Jimmy Olsen's actors have been redheads yet it's Mechad Brooks who gets flack from fans. Charlie Cox can refuse to die his hair red for Daredevil with zero complaints from fans. But cast a black girl as MJ or Ariel and the like clockwork, the cries of "redhead erasure" arise.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-23-2019 at 10:37 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Black Widow, Kory and Mera are still redheads in their live action incarnations and the most recent Lois Lane was a redhead. Even if Barbara is black, it doesn't mean she won't have red hair.

And yeah, it's bullshit that this ranting about redhead erasure only ever comes up when it's black characters playing white redheads. Almost none of Jimmy Olsen's actors have been redheads yet it's Mechad Brooks who gets flack from fans. Charlie Cox can refuse to die his hair red for Daredevil with zero complaints from fans. But cast a black girl as MJ or Ariel and the like clockwork, the cries of "redhead erasure" arise.
    Lois Ain't supposed to be redhead though. I don't care as long as my boy wally is depicted with a redhair. If not, damn you WB.

We'll have some more interesting test cases coming up with The Riddler, Orion, and Poison Ivy for DC characters at least. They have a good shot at appearing in DC movies in the next few years, especially Ivy given how much they are using Harley. I feel that it has become a recent trend in Hollywood where it stands out, but maybe it was all happenstance and the numbers no longer back it up when we extend the time line out further. We'll see eventually I guess.

Superman fans did complain about Smallville's Jimmy Olsen not being a ginger, same way they complained about Erica Durance's Lois having blond-ish hair in the early seasons. People used to complain that Chris Evans' Johnny Storm didn't have blonde hair or Hugh Jackman's Wolverine wasn't shorter. None of that was raceswapping and fans were still not happy about it at the time. People had a lot more issues with Ben Affleck's Matt Murdock and Jennifer Garner's Elektra, than they did with Michael Clarke Duncan's Kingpin. Fans complaining about characters being changed is not some new phenomenon, it's a big complaint currently because specific type of characters are almost always changed in the exact same way. It's strange to suggest that "redhead erasure" isn't happening when it clearly is.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-24-2019 at 03:13 AM.

The stunning about face when it comes to raceswapping for different movies
    Birds of Prey cast jurnee smollett as black canary problem

The Batman casting black actors for Commissioner Gordon and possibly Barbara Gordon equals okay

At least there's finally confirmation Reeves movie is an else world and has no connection to the dceu

BANNED

Oh my god...more raceswapping? And worse yet, more redhead erasure? Well, that Batman movie is probably going to be a giant bomb of wokeness and thus will probably tank. It's amazing to me how people like AgentZ (yes, naming names, because I'm direct like that) will accept any tenuous excuse to shoehorn in black characters, no matter the cost, no matter how silly it is, and no matter how inapplicable it is given the setting and characters involved. Integrity to the characters, story, and world is more important than forced, shoehorned, hamfisted diversity.

If these people behind the scenes want more black characters worth a damn, they need to put in the work and create them instead of stealing white characters. It is very possible to have quality diversity without pissing people off and misrepresenting well established characters. But some people are just too lazy and untalented to go that route, and their zealot followers don't care. That type of stuff makes people get tired of diversity and ultimately works against the cause. Most people don't like stuff forced on them.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 09-24-2019 at 05:03 AM.