Astonishing Member

Default Should Peter be more responsible and get a Pet?

Clint has a dog(well now the dog is with Kate who also had a cat(now 2)) Carol has a cat, and now Natasha has a black cat in her home. Would Peter be any busier as the 3 heroes mentioned. I guess a pet would help him be more responsible but pet that is not too high maintenance would be ideal perhaps a cat. I can see him adopting one of Felicia cats after feeling bad that Ock put her in jail so the cats lost a owner. What you think, I think it would be a interesting debate.

BANNED

He's too scatterbrained for any pet that requires much responsibility. A snake only eats a couple of times a month, so that might work. Any other poor animal
    would probably starve.

How about a pet tarantula...or better yet a black widow

He could name it spot and teach it to bark.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

BANNED

Didn't he take care of a neighbor's dog, Barker, during the Paul Jenkins run?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    He's too scatterbrained for any pet that requires much responsibility. A snake only eats a couple of times a month, so that might work. Any other poor animal
    would probably starve.
    I agree unless he's got a girlfriend like MJ, Felicia, Anna Marie or whoever who'll make sure the pet is fed a snake is probably the best option for Peter

Although it is an interesting topic, I just don't think a dog or cat would be well looked after by Peter if he was single.

BANNED

Unless it was the MC-2 universe version of Spider-man with Spider-girl and the rest of the Parker clan, then that would almost make them close to Batman and Superman levels of cliche comparisons.

In other word, I don't truly see any version of Peter Parker having a pet and ending it well. Especially when you consider his double life as Spider-man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Unless it was the MC-2 universe version of Spider-man with Spider-girl and the rest of the Parker clan, then that would almost make them close to Batman and Superman levels of cliche comparisons.

In other word, I don't truly see any version of Peter Parker having a pet and ending it well. Especially when you consider his double life as Spider-man.
    Unless its Wolfbane!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Unless its Wolfbane!!!

... I knew this was a Darthfury post before I even looked at the username.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I don't want to see the the Green Gobin throwing a cat off a bridge, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I don't want to see the the Green Gobin throwing a cat off a bridge, so no.
    I agree with this so NO.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Clint has a dog(well now the dog is with Kate who also had a cat(now 2)) Carol has a cat, and now Natasha has a black cat in her home. Would Peter be any busier as the 3 heroes mentioned. I guess a pet would help him be more responsible but pet that is not too high maintenance would be ideal perhaps a cat. I can see him adopting one of Felicia cats after feeling bad that Ock put her in jail so the cats lost a owner. What you think, I think it would be a interesting debate.
    Remember that episode of Batman Beyond that Terry had a...whatever the high tech "egg" was?

Peter could do that....

OR!!! Get A pet rock

OR Get a pet volleyball! WILSON!!!!!!

Or he could get a handpuppet he calls websie and develop a crazy multiple personality (IE DOC OCK) (DAN SLOTT! ON TO YOU!)

(I am tired, working night shift. Not making fun of you, just slap happy).

Honest answer - no. Its the zombie pet reason. No one. No reader of the funny books or lover of pets wants to see an animal hurt in our enjoyment reading. Except for Krypto (hate that dog). The idea would be cool and would get away from the AUNT MAY NEEDS her MCGUFFIN MEDICINE but the storyline could fall into the animal would be in peril, neglected, or killed. No one wants to read that in their escapism.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    Or he could get a handpuppet he calls websie and develop a crazy multiple personality (IE DOC OCK) (DAN SLOTT! ON TO YOU!)
    I have changed my vote to this. Also, I am fine with a year-long clone sock-puppet saga following the bridging.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I have changed my vote to this. Also, I am fine with a year-long clone sock-puppet saga following the bridging.
    I would be down for a year-long clone sock-puppet saga

REN REILLY - The Scarlett Spider-Sock

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

For all we know he'll make a Demonic Deal to have said Pet erased.