Page 204 of 233 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3484
    Spectacular Member

Untitled-1.jpg

It doesnt look good for my fav lantern.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    So I'm not a fan because I don't post?
    I'm happy that he's had a long run in the spotlight already; I grew up reading him in the New 52 stuff and watching the animated series, and went back to read the Johns era from the beginning! He's had some great stories told in 15-16 years since his rebirth, and I'm excited to see the main title focus on other GLs. Maybe I'm weird, I just don't mind not seeing Hal for a while as long as he's treated well on his inevitable return as the mainline Green Lantern.
    I'd love to see Kyle get some love but come on, if anyone is deserving of a solo title right now it has gotta be John seeing as he has yet to be given a solo title!
    1) I didn’t say you are not a fan. I’m just saying it’s easy to register a new account. And the first post you made to express your fan’s love is to celebrate his removal. Sounds like some kind of black humor.
    2) John Stewart has been given three books. Mosaic, GLC, Lost Army.
    3) Yeah you are weird. Glad you realized that.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 12-05-2020 at 03:21 AM.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    1) I didn’t say you are not a fan. I’m just saying it’s easy to register a new account. And the first post you made to express your fan’s love is to celebrate his removal. Sounds like some kind of black humor.
    2) John Stewart has been given three books. Mosaic, GLC, Lost Army.
    3) Yeah you are weird. Glad you realized that.
    Riiiiiight ok then...

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    Untitled-1.jpg

It doesnt look good for my fav lantern.
    Well that's a bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    But, we had 2 years of Morrison and Sharp making the BEST book on DC, and Hal was the main character. The Green Lantern may not have set the world in fire like John's run did, but I bet it will be a classic run, it's just too good.
    As far as I'm concerned it is a modern day bible on how to write Hal and delivered many new hooks for potential future storylines.

New writer saying that stuff ain't good, but we will see how long it will last. I'm fairly certain that DC would have preferred to focus on Simon or Jessica or one of those other 50 new human Lanterns, but they didn't really stick. And its not like Hal was pushed back into the spotlight with Rebirth because other 3 Lanterns were setting the world on fire.

Spectacular Member

Not the first time he done that, If you try searching Hal Jordan on twitter his posts usually come up shitting on Hal.

Incredible Member

A shameless writer broadly shitting on character gets a job while so many good creators lost theirs in DC. How ironic.

Spectacular Member

I just hope Hal gets to be on another title if this Thorne guy doesnt want him.

Mighty Member

After seeing those Twitter comments, I don't know how much I'm inclined to read his GL run.
    I love Morrison's and Sharp's, it got me into the character and has even slowly brought me into the clusterfuck that is the DC Universe. I consider it a cult run that will have a dedicated fanbase in a few years.
    You can have opinions on a character, but it feels in doing this he is actively shitting on writers that have come before him, including a currently produced comic. Especially on an IP you're going to write.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    After seeing those Twitter comments, I don't know how much I'm inclined to read his GL run.
    I love Morrison's and Sharp's, it got me into the character and has even slowly brought me into the clusterfuck that is the DC Universe. I consider it a cult run that will have a dedicated fanbase in a few years.
    You can have opinions on a character, but it feels in doing this he is actively shitting on writers that have come before him, including a currently produced comic. Especially on an IP you're going to write.
    Untitled-2.jpg

He already dissed Geoff Johns definitive run.

I don't understand the need to discredit a character you don't like, I see no other writers doing this.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-05-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    I don't understand the need to discredit a character you don't like, I see no other writers doing this.
    The only other Person I see do this was Rob Liefeld with X-Men. Then again he also pushed every writer at Marvel under the bus because no one gave a crap his Agent X book.

But this guy has a complete hate rage for Hal Jordan. A few tweets saying he sucks, I understand, you don't have to keep going on about how boring you think he is and how other writers haven't done anything interesting with him.

I was looking forward to his GL run, but now I'm not even going to bother.

I didn't read the twitter comments because they are appearing really small on my computer, but what I have to say is: We had a great run, if the new writer won't be using Hal Jordan that's fine. He prefers John, he should use John, as long as he don't **** on Hal in the comics what he says on his twitter shouldn't matter, afterall he could never mention the character on his comics.

The bright side is, the days of a creator having 5 years run are moslty gone, we probably won't have to wait a lot for a change of direction, but that also means that the next person may not want to use Hal either, maybe they'll like Guy Gardner or Simon and will have them as the main characters, and that's how it should be. Let's just hope they don't go the 90s route and mess up a character to prop another.

And for last, don't buy it if you don't want to, don't read it if it's only going to frustrate you. Maybe you are a collector, and feels like you need to have all the issues, but just remember that supporting something you don't like or makes you angry isn't smart, it's actually kind of dumb. If you feel like you should really have the comics even not liking it, buy it second hand.

Mighty Member

I'm fairly neutral on the characters as well, I don't find Hal the most interesting character in the World, but I like him enough to keep coming back month after month. I like Hal, he doesn't have to be too interesting, he is just a hero doing his thing. But then, I'm not writing Hal or Green Lantern.

Incredible Member

I think the problem here is a writer who has no respect for the GL lore, for Grant Morrison or Geoff Johns, maliciously slanders the top character of the franchise, and knows little about modern GL will take over the title. That’s far more than “don’t buy it”.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I think the problem here is a writer who has no respect for the GL lore, for Grant Morrison or Geoff Johns, maliciously slanders the top character of the franchise, and knows little about modern GL will take over the title. That’s far more than “don’t buy it”.
    I hope there's another GL title for Hal to star in, I wouldn't trust that writer to write him with respect.