Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

I really hope Bendis brings Sera along to GotG. And has three-way flirting between Angela, Sera and Gamora.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Phil Jimenez!!!

Angela: Asgard's Assassin #1 interior art by Phil Jimenez and Stephanie Hans

Angela #3 page 8 Pencils: Phil Jimenez Angela #6 page 20 Pencils: Phil Jimenez
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._phil_jimenez/

I'm gonna start saving now, this looks amazing!

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I'm gonna start saving now, this looks amazing!

image.jpg
    WOW! Curious to see what it looks like. Sideshow makes pretty sweet figures and statues, but I find Kotobukiya to be more affordable.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Juan678, you are so AWESOME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks for providing these to me TERRIFIC images!

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Neil Gaiman!!!

In 2013 Neil Gaiman returned to the Marvel Universe to write Issue 10 of Age of Ultron a series that reintroduced his character Angela, “the red-haired heavenly bounty hunter."
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_neil_gaiman/

deilson and Forty-Fathoms

Mighty Member

Kind of want Marvel to do a soft reboot of this character. I don't necessarily want them to scrap anything that happened to her, but I'd love for her to:

1: Please, for the love of god get a new costume. The silver one was ok, but I'd prefer something more in line with what juan678 posted
    2: A good jumping on point that doesn't ignore what's happened to her recently, but isn't based on it. Give her a new start, possibly (hopefully) something asgardian related where they basically treat her like a new character and slowly roll in elements of her last story
    3: Put her in a league of realms book with Thor to give her a notoriety boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Kind of want Marvel to do a soft reboot of this character. I don't necessarily want them to scrap anything that happened to her, but I'd love for her to:

1: Please, for the love of god get a new costume. The silver one was ok, but I'd prefer something more in line with what juan678 posted
    2: A good jumping on point that doesn't ignore what's happened to her recently, but isn't based on it. Give her a new start, possibly (hopefully) something asgardian related where they basically treat her like a new character and slowly roll in elements of her last story
    3: Put her in a league of realms book with Thor to give her a notoriety boost.
    As long as Sera goes along with her. I want more Sera.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Angela should have been introduced as Hela's duality with little emphasis on her relationship to Thor. In fact, I wouldn't have made her Odin's daughter at all. If we have to use Norse myths, make her the daughter of Sol (also known as Alfrodull, the Nordic female personification of the sun) and Jord (Gaea) who one day secretly found love between them and used their eldritch powers to create an egg which they coupled with a seed from the World Tree Yggsdrasil to create Angela. She wouldn't have a father, but she would have two mothers and the Cosmic Axis itself as her guiding force in life.

I admit, when I picked up 'Angela: Asgard's Assassin #1' back when I started reading comics, I did so just because the cover had a sexy red-haired warrior woman on it. However I soon learned about her history, and now I consider her my 4th favorite Marvel character. I love female characters who kick butt, and I really like the Angel society she comes from. The thing I loved most though was her relationship with Sera. Marguerite wrote that part of her life beautifully. I really hope she dose not get forgotten about by future writers. That said I love the references to Queen of Hel in Unworthy Thor #3 (Including having Thori appear, who mentions missing the Land of Brooklyn...) so there is still hope...

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Angela should have been introduced as Hela's duality with little emphasis on her relationship to Thor. In fact, I wouldn't have made her Odin's daughter at all. If we have to use Norse myths, make her the daughter of Sol (also known as Alfrodull, the Nordic female personification of the sun) and Jord (Gaea) who one day secretly found love between them and used their eldritch powers to create an egg which they coupled with a seed from the World Tree Yggsdrasil to create Angela. She wouldn't have a father, but she would have two mothers and the Cosmic Axis itself as her guiding force in life.
    How about that she just was a full blown angel and wasn't related to the Odin household at all? I also think she should been the princess of the angels, and is the daughter of the Queen. And she would have been eager to start up a war against the Aesir due to the fact that their realm was shut up from the rest of the nine. In other words, I think she would have been like the female Thor of the angels.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    How about that she just was a full blown angel and wasn't related to the Odin household at all? I also think she should been the princess of the angels, and is the daughter of the Queen. And she would have been eager to start up a war against the Aesir due to the fact that their realm was shut up from the rest of the nine. In other words, I think she would have been like the female Thor of the angels.
    I'm totally fine with her not being linked to the Asgardians or Norse myths at all. They could have gone with something entirely outside of the box. Or simply linked her mysteriously to TOAAO and left it at that. But for now she's an Asgardian, which makes her backstory less interesting in my eyes, but that's just one man's opinion.