Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: June 2019 sales

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Honestly, I thought the first 10 issues were better. Not much happening, but loads better than anything we started seeing when Rosenberg went solo.
    Nah the first 10 issues were not worth that price. The first ten issues were some of the worst work I've read in terms of dialogue, plotting.

They could have told that story in 4 issues.

Rosenbergs story was going to be told in Astonsojinh X-Men. Marvel wanted him to tell a bigger story in as the headliner. That was an editorial decision.

The worst book of the franchise goes to Extermination followed by Brisons xforce

BANNED

I’d rather have AoXM than 18 more issues of Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I forgot about that run

The dialogue in Fractions and Lands Sisterhood arc is poetry compared to that

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I think it could've worked with some creative team changes. Like Weapon X. I HATED that book. But if they'd swapped out Pak for Bunn, and brought other talent for Blue & Gold, it still could've been a relaunch of sorts without the mess we now have.

Then prior to Hickman, we could've have some meaningful reunions, legit build or closure to certain bonds without the rushed, half-assed endings. Then those things would've been taken care of prior to Hickman, who I am told doesn't focus much on personal bonds. SO when his status quo is set up, we'd still have something going into the Wave books rather than waiting for numerous interactions there after 10 months of the year.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-14-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Blue was editorial mandated

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Blue was editorial mandated
    Blue was mandated to be about the 05. But Bunn didn't have to get stuck with it. I always felt that got him & Pak mixed up.

Given his millennial fetish, and I guess attempt to sound "hip", Pak needed to get the brats. And Bunn should've got the mercs & assassins. Weapon X could've been great with a writer that didn't turn hardened 30+ year-old killers into sitcom frat kids.

Had Gold, Red, Blue, and Astonishing continued, there would've been some deck shuffling. Red would've stayed as is, and I think so would Astonishing. Blue would've be taken over by adult Cyclops, and Gold would change roster as well, bringing in Wolverine (since they had Old Man Logan originally) and replacing Storm (who'd gone off to Red) and Rachel (who was whisked away in Extermination) with other X-Men.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Had Gold, Red, Blue, and Astonishing continued, there would've been some deck shuffling. Red would've stayed as is, and I think so would Astonishing. Blue would've be taken over by adult Cyclops, and Gold would change roster as well, bringing in Wolverine (since they had Old Man Logan originally) and replacing Storm (who'd gone off to Red) and Rachel (who was whisked away in Extermination) with other X-Men.
    A big crossover would happen then to close this era of books

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that it was more a combination of him being everywhere and the lack quality material, 2011 to 2014 was the period when Logan got his worst material, Aaron, Loeb, Gillen and Cornell just didn't a very good job. Old Man Logan by Lemire actually did a better job in keeping the brand alive but Brisson hasn't been able to keep the momentum.
    Exactly. When I say the "Wolverine is the new Xavier" era, I'm referring to this: not just actual WatXM, but the fact that he was everywhere but nearly all the books he appeared where crap (except Hickman's Avengers, in which he really didn't do anything, and Uncanny X-force), and while Marvel was pushing as the new Xavier and a near saint in Schism, WatXM, etc, he was in 300 garbage books killing people left and right, getting drunk when he was supposed to be running a school, and being an all around hypocrite. Death of Wolverine was really a way of trying to redeem him a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Good. It didn't need to be. Six months of filler waiting on Hickman. They could've just let the ResurrXion titles continue & meet up for an Omega issues leading to Hickman, instead of AU crap that split up characters, cut off reunions, and led to Rosenberg's horrific Uncanny.
    And once again I refer to my theory:

Until proven otherwise, I'll maintain my theory that this whole Age of X-man/End times in Uncanny debacle was caused mostly because Hickman didn't want Scott and Jean together (whether because he wants to put them back together himself or because he doesn't want them together at all), and the X-office panicked because their nostalgia-filled vision of the franchise just doesn't see why wouldn't Scott run back to Jean's arms as soon as he came back- never mind that not only that wouldn't be healthy (and yes, I'd say the same about Emma), but his character arc in the two most popular runs of the century was him getting over Jean and moving on. Also, Cyclops would want to use the tactical opportunity of the X-men's enemies not knowing he's alive- and decided they needed a way to keep the two of them apart for 6 months.
    Might seem crazy, but seems more plausible than they thinking leaving the X-men in a dystopian reality in which no one has sex for 6 months will sell like ice cream in a summer day, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That would have been a much better idea.

Beautiful Age of X-man is not even top 100. No matter how much some said it was good, the customers have spoken.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Beautiful Age of X-man is not even top 100. No matter how much some said it was good, the customers have spoken.
    They're not in top 100 since issue #3.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    They're not in top 100 since issue #3.
    Wonderful, Hopeful the guys at Marvel learn something from this.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Wonderful, Hopeful the guys at Marvel learn something from this.
    When has Marvel have ever learned from their mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    When has Marvel have ever learned from their mistakes?
    They had Nick Spencer in Spider-Man, they had done something right!
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Marvel will just deduce that none of the characters sale, and to continue making Wolverine the center of everything. Lol