Page 108 of 167 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2505

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That was during Fraction. Maria Hill was the "other" woman.
    By far my favorite run of Iron Man. That run was the before and after of RDJ.

Extraordinary Member

So how many different female characters has Tony slept with? These are the ones I can recall easily.

Pepper.
    Maria Hill.
    Madame Masque.
    Elanor? (Back in Camelot)
    Bethany Cabe.
    Maya Hansen.

Outside his own book...

Jennifer Walters.
    Gamora.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    So how many different female characters has Tony slept with? These are the ones I can recall easily.

Pepper.
    Maria Hill.
    Madame Masque.
    Bethany Cabe.
    Maya Hansen.

Outside his own book...

Jennifer Walters.
    Gamora.
    Kathy Dare
    Janet Van Dyne
    Rumiko Fujikawa
    Countess Stephanie De La Spirosa

At least he's practicing safe sex.

Astonishing Member

Pepper.
    Maria Hill.
    Madame Masque.
    Bethany Cabe.
    Maya Hansen.

Outside his own book...

Jennifer Walters.
    Gamora.
    Let's see...
    Sunset Bain
    Meredith McCall
    Indries Moomji
    Marriane Rogers
    Heather Glenn
    Kathy Dare
    Veronica Benning
    Janet Van Dyne (Wasp)
    Natasha Romonoff (Black Widow)
    Mantis (who turned out to be Space Phantom)
    Countess De La Spiroza
    Rumiko Fujukawa
    Calista Hancock (when Tony was using his short-lived Hogan Potts alias)
    Janice Cord (his old fiance)
    Emma Frost
    Lt. Colonel Yelena Brement (when he had been body-swapped with Crimson Dynamo)
    Rae La Coste, possibly. She once denied having slept with Tony to Rhodey...but that seems more likely to have been a lie to spare his feelings. They were written as involved in earlier issues.
    Dr. Amara Perera
    A psychologist named Candy during the SUPERIOR IRON MAN run. He woke up with her and some other women (and men) in his bed--so possibly some other unnamed lovers there too.

There was once a reference to an off-panel hook up between him and Jessica Drew.

Plenty of others whose names we didn't know (or only got their first names), who were just brief cameos or references.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Let's see...
    Sunset Bain
    Meredith McCall
    Indries Moomji
    Marriane Rogers
    Heather Glenn
    Kathy Dare
    Veronica Benning
    Janet Van Dyne (Wasp)
    Countess De La Spiroza
    Rumiko Fujukawa
    Emma Frost
    Rae La Coste, possibly. She once denied having slept with Tony to Rhodey...but that seems more likely to have been a lie to spare his feelings. They were written as involved in earlier issues.
    Dr. Amara Perera
    A psychologist named Candy during the SUPERIOR IRON MAN run. He woke up with her and some other women (and men) in his bed--so possibly some other unnamed lovers there too.

There was once a reference to an off-panel hook up between him and Jessica Drew.

Plenty of others whose names we didn't know (or only got their first names), who were just brief cameos or references.
    Yes, the implied hook up with Jessica was when she and Natasha were slut shaming him back in Hulk #2 (Loeb)
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Let's see...
    Sunset Bain
    Meredith McCall
    Indries Moomji
    Marriane Rogers
    Heather Glenn
    Kathy Dare
    Veronica Benning
    Janet Van Dyne (Wasp)
    Countess De La Spiroza
    Rumiko Fujukawa
    Emma Frost
    Dr. Amara Perera

That’s a lot of women. I have a book that lists more than this.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I mean, we know his list is long. Very long. But so what? That’s not misogynistic lel. No one should be slut shamed for having too much sex.

Let's see...
    Sunset Bain
    Meredith McCall
    Indries Moomji
    Marriane Rogers
    Heather Glenn
    Kathy Dare
    Veronica Benning
    Janet Van Dyne (Wasp)
    Countess De La Spiroza
    Rumiko Fujukawa
    Emma Frost
    Dr. Amara Perera

Panels please, I gotta confirm my Yaoi!Tony

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That’s a lot of women. I have a book that lists more than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I mean, we know his list is long. Very long. But so what? That’s not misogynistic lel. No one should be slut shamed for having too much sex.
    Yes it's a lot. And apparently a good enough reason for female characters to treat him with less respect.

From my point of view it's backlash, pure and simple. For years Tony was shown as a bit of a James Bond type, viewing women as sources of fun and pleasure but rarely as equals.

So now, writers turn the tables and have the female characters treat him as less worthy of respect. Couple that with the tendency to show him as a bit of and egomaniac and it's the ladies' role to take him down a peg.

As an example, in the recent Captain Marvel issue Jessica Drew steals his flying car to help Carol Danvers. She was in the building and could have just ASKED for it, but it's more fun to steal it, joke about it at his expense, and really stick it to him. Never mind the guy is among the four smartest people with tech on the planet and should be able to protect his stuff - girl power high five and "Tony am dumb man get owned ha ha."

It's equality of discrimination, the very worst kind of equality. Rather than have the characters be more open and understanding and respectful of each other, we will just swap which side gets treated like crap. While at the same time amping up Tony's perceived shortcomings as justification.
    Last edited by brettc1; 08-19-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Yes it's a lot. And apparently a good enough reason for female characters to treat him with less respect.

From my point of view it's backlash, pure and simple. For years Tony was shown as a bit of a James Bond type, viewing women as sources of fun and pleasure but rarely as equals.

So now, writers turn the tables and have the female characters treat him as less worthy of respect. Couple that with the tendency to show him as a bit of and egomaniac and it's the ladies' role to take him down a peg.

As an example, in the recent Captain Marvel issue Jessica Drew steals his flying car to help Carol Danvers. She was in the building and could have just ASKED for it, but it's more fun to steal it, joke about it at his expense, and really stick it to him. Never mind the guy is among the four smartest people with tech on the planet and should be able to protect his stuff - girl power high five and "Tony am dumb man get owned ha ha."

It's equality of discrimination, the very worst kind of equality. Rather than have the characters be more open and understanding and respectful of each other, we will just swap which side gets treated like crap. While at the same time amping up Tony's perceived shortcomings as justification.
    Jeez, this is so frustrating. Incompetent writers.

I agree. They are all consenting adults. I don't think Tony should be knocked or his lifestyle.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-19-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I agree. They are all consenting adults. I don't think Tony should be knocked or his lifestyle.
    Makes me sad to see my favourite character getting shitty treatment. When did Marvel decide to take a dump on him? Is it ever since CW I?

Makes me sad to see my favourite character getting shitty treatment. When did Marvel decide to take a dump on him? Is it ever since CW I?
    Pretty much. Not all appearances are like this, but there have been a few. Some writers do him justice, but it seems to get more of the dumping on him kind.

Astonishing Member

Panels please, I gotta confirm my Yaoi!Tony
    tony-orgy1.jpg

tony-orgy2.jpg

tony-orgy4.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Pretty much. Not all appearances are like this, but there have been a few. Some writers do him justice, but it seems to get more of the dumping on him kind.
    The whole thing with the Illuminati acting like genius level idiots as well - firing the Hulk into space, and then everything with the Incursions leading up to Secret War. While other people were actually trying to save the universe, Tony and Steve were shown to be fixated on beating the hell out of each other.

You'd think CW2 would have helped, but all Marvel seemed to want to do with that was to push how awesome Carol was after she blew him up. Never mind that Tony was in the right all along, and as far as I can tell the only discussion they had about it since was her saying she apologizes for nothing.

I honestly think some writers have the rest of the MU show more respect for Dr Doom than Tony.