Page 182 of 653 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 9795
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    There's an obvious disconnect between readers and what's happening on page. People are all going over supremacy, but that was never shown except for Magneto. Even Charles, the mastermind of the whole thing, is relatively tame. Krakoa isn't threatening countries, but offering a reward in exchange for being recognized as a sovereign nation. Mutants are trying to create their own culture and act proud of it, but somebody already found a way to conflate it with nazism.

It goes back to what I said on the HoX #5 thread. People are expecting super-hero stuff, feel good stuff, pretending that whatever was tried before works, as long as it's all cute-sounding. And we're on the politic part of things, where the meaning of being a mutant is being expanded upon. If they want to create a country, a culture and, from that, establish their place in the world, they will have to go through paths that are not necessarily pleasant or clean. It's a loaded journey to get there and, to achieve it, there might be complex choices along the way.

But I guess cool team poses, evil nanobots that tweet racial slurs and cutesy speeches are what the X-books truly need.
    Yeah, I can agree to that.
    HoX has taught us that the X-Men have tried the Good Guy approach and the Bad Guy approach and even the Beyond Approach (Apocalypse) they still get annihilated. At what point do the X-Men say “ya know what we need to try a different approach”
    Charles and Erik just told us their Big Plan. And that’s to resurrect the 16 million mutants that died on Genosha which we have the Humans to thank for that by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    People are just overhyped.
    Calling something overhyped is a lazy way of saying my opinion is different from other people. If it was fans alone saying praise it (like say Man of Steel) then maybe a flag could be put up but I have seen creators with nothing to with Marvel get just as hyped about the story Hickman is telling. When professionals without being prompted are giving their praise it says something about the book. And Hickman isn't high profile name to take over a X-book, I don't remember it being like this with Bendis. Heck I don't see people praising current Bendis stuff at DC, I don't see people praising the Morrison Green Lantern run so far.

There is nowhere to go from 'the X-Men decide that they are the inheritors of the Earth and start acting like it' but down.
    The mutants have always been the inheritors of Earth. Events and concepts like Legacy Virus ,Decimation, Terrigen Mist where design to slow down mutants from getting too big. And fulling the concept set in place by calling mutants separate species. This is natural progression of the story. And they are plenty places to go after this story

What makes them the X-Men is people trying to do the right thing in spite of what they are facing. When they stop trying to do the right thing, stop trying to be better, the point of the series is lost.
    I'll just sit quietly and wait for everyone to cool off, or for the inevitable other shoe to drop on this characterization of the franchise.

As I said somewhere else, we can have a cool mutant society without mutant supremacy tones and mutants-are-above-the-law nonsense.
    .[/QUOTE]

You guys seem to want consequenceless story telling, You want the good old days mutants running fighting the good fight for peace and harmony. And completely ignore what has happened in the books in universe time which means a 5 or 6 year span

1. Decimation
    2. Us holding 198 in internment camp
    3. Terrigen Mist sterilization
    4. Genosha Genocide of 16 million
    5. Mutant cure and sterilization program

I probably forget some stuff as well.The point of the series is lost if mutants keep doing the same thing in spite of what happening in it own pages. What is point of X-men running playing heroes if humans are decimating them at every chance? The X-men keep saying we want to live in peace,Humans in the universe keep going nah we are going to kill out and we are not going to just threaten it we are going to follow through with it. Anyways I wouldn't have gone with a super scifi Krakoa approach but mutant homeland/ State/City. Is important to the franchise, If mutants don't have a safe space it is impossible for franchise to exist and it is stupid for X-men to be operating how they did in past. Hickman actually gets it the first step back to stories of humans and mutants live uncomfortable together is mutants not being hunted to death. The world keeps uniting against mutants but weirdly people think that mutants uniting and fighting back isn't the natural response. Maybe the writers need to stop emphasizing the hate and fear aspect of franchise and remember it is also a superhero franchise. Because focus on making the world so awful for mutants only means that mutants have no choice but counter attack to survive.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think Xavier is a better person than Magneto.
    It is weird because I always read people saying how awful and shady is Xavier, but he is the guy who chose the less violent more progressive path.
    Meanwhile Magneto (which I love, please don't get me wrong) has killed many people and doing tons of terrorist stuff but fans see him as a more sympathetic and noble character than Xavier.
    Yes, I know Xavier has done wrong, he has some shady stuff under his belt but he doesn't go throught life killing and terrorizing people.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    if this is controversial then something has gone horribly wrong
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

It is weird because I always read people saying how awful and shady is Xavier, but he is the guy who chose the less violent more progressive path.
    Meanwhile Magneto (which I love, please don't get me wrong) has killed many people and doing tons of terrorist stuff but fans see him as a more sympathetic and noble character than Xavier.
    Yes, I know Xavier has done wrong, he has some shady stuff under his belt but he doesn't go throught life killing and terrorizing people.
    I disagree because Xavier's passive stance is what allowed the decimation of Mutants to go on for so long so imo he is worst. He should have joined with Magneto 3 Mutant Genocides ago.

BANNED

People judge Xavier harshly with the same mentality they do it with Cyclops. He's "supposed to be better" and, therefore, held to a higher standard.

Ryan Reynolds did a much better Deadpool in the first quarter of X-Men Origins: Wolverine than either of the solo movies. Also the character in the comics ought to be intimidating again rather than being a giant joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    if this is controversial then something has gone horribly wrong
    It is only controversial on forums like this one where a good chunk of people are nuts who think self-segregation and mutant nationalism is better than coexistence for mutants and nonpowered humans. It is probably more minor but still a problem how his character has been botched recently.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 09-19-2019 at 07:33 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Ryan Reynolds did a much better Deadpool in the first quarter of X-Men Origins: Wolverine than either of the solo movies. Also the character in the comics ought to be intimidating again rather than being a giant joke.
    I can partially agree here. I haven't seen his part in depth in X-Men Origins. That movie had too many issues that would keep me from fully watching it. lol But I was not impressed with him as DP in his solo films and think the character needs to be intimidating & serious again compared to Reynolds and the comics.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-19-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

Xavier and Magneto act very differently because their powers are very different. One is a telepath, the other has destructive powers. Give Xavier the powers of Magneto and see how he would try to help mutantkind instead.

Xavier has abused his telepathy many times, like making everybody forget about the team of Vulcan, blocking the telepathy of Jean and many other things. There is no reason to think he wouldnt abuse the destructive magnetic powers of Magneto too.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Xavier and Magneto act very differently because their powers are very different. One is a telepath, the other has destructive powers. Give Xavier the powers of Magneto and see how he would try to help mutantkind instead.

Xavier has abused his telepathy many times, like making everybody forget about the team of Vulcan, blocking the telepathy of Jean and many other things. There is no reason to think he wouldnt abuse the destructive magnetic powers of Magneto too.
    They did a "What If?" for that, What If Xavier got the Juggernaut power instead of Cain. Xavier became a dictator who took over the world for the cause of mutant supremacy.

Dauterman is such a crap artist for the X-Men, I expect to see his stuff from the Shadow Realm of Deviantart. I cannot believe people like his covers for Marauders and want him to do the interiors for them. His faces are literally the wooooooooooooooooooorst.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Dauterman is such a crap artist for the X-Men, I expect to see his stuff from the Shadow Realm of Deviantart. I cannot believe people like his covers for Marauders and want him to do the interiors for them. His faces are literally the wooooooooooooooooooorst.
    I love how he draws hair but don't like how he does eyes, they seem empty sometimes.
    But his art is still beautiful and very detailed.

First you say Asrar is a bad artist and now Dauterman is crap?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Dauterman AND Asrar are crap? Then who's good?
    "Cable was right!"

I love how he draws hair but don't like how he does eyes, they seem empty sometimes.
    But his art is still beautiful and very detailed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    First you say Asrar is a bad artist and now Dauterman is crap?

He draws everyone like they're suffering from whatever the **** Sloth had in The Goonies, lmfao.