Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Drac’s biggest problem with Thor was that Mjolnir was a holy symbol so potent it could kill him with a touch. So with the hammer currently out of the way...
    Doesn't Thor himself count as a holy symbol?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Oddly, we haven't really seen Dracula and Strange interact that much. Strange is a rotating member of the team, so it would seemail that Blade took his place.

Interestingly, Mariel Laveau did try and use Morbius to bring back vampires. It didn't really work since, again, he's not a real vampire, but she tried.
    In the course of Doctor Strange's book. The Sorcerer Supreme was forced to destroy his vast collection of mystic arcana in order to keep them out of the hands of the alien sorcerer, Uthona. However, the destruction of these items had the unintended consequence of undoing ,and breaking various other wards, and spells that kept various not so friendly demons and entities out of our realm. It was pointed out in the kick off to the 1989 annual crossover event, ATLANTIS ATTACKS !, Silver Surfer Annual #2 by the Deviant Ghaur. That it enabled the Elder Serpent God, Set, to exert his influence upon our realm again. Then in the first issue of Nightstalkers, Hannibal King, who had been thought to be cured of his vampirism at the end of the Montesi Formula storyline in Doctor Strange. Was now finding himself having the cravings for blood again, and regaining the vampire abilities he had sworn off using when King was a full fledged das wampir. Strange explained to him that certain spells, the Montesi Formula being implied, had been relaxed since the big fight with the Lord of the Undead. Not to mention the Vampire Verses storyline in Doc's own book. Where Marie Levue was trying to undue the Montesi Formula's effects so she could obtain the essential ingredient to her immortality elixir, vampire blood. Which could not exist without disentigrating as long as the spell was still in effect.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, yeah, I was rereading those issues. Don't really know how she thought using a guy who's basically a cancer patient version of Spider-Man with bat DNA and rabies was going to restore her youth.

Actually, it's sort of annoying how so many characters don't realize Morbius isn't a normal vampire. Like, isn't there some big government dossier that says "Not A Real Vampire" somewhere?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Oh, yeah, I was rereading those issues. Don't really know how she thought using a guy who's basically a cancer patient version of Spider-Man with bat DNA and rabies was going to restore her youth.

Actually, it's sort of annoying how so many characters don't realize Morbius isn't a normal vampire. Like, isn't there some big government dossier that says "Not A Real Vampire" somewhere?
    There is. And it's probably know to the general public of the Marvel Universe. But maybe some think that those stories, and accounts of Morbius being a scientifically created creature might be a cover up of the real thing because some may have a hang up about the existence of the supernatural. Marie LeVeue might've assumed this. Or maybe the Voodoo Queen might've hoped the Living Vampire's blood would've been a good substitute for the undead's.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    In the course of Doctor Strange's book. The Sorcerer Supreme was forced to destroy his vast collection of mystic arcana in order to keep them out of the hands of the alien sorcerer, Uthona. However, the destruction of these items had the unintended consequence of undoing ,and breaking various other wards, and spells that kept various not so friendly demons and entities out of our realm. It was pointed out in the kick off to the 1989 annual crossover event, ATLANTIS ATTACKS !, Silver Surfer Annual #2 by the Deviant Ghaur. That it enabled the Elder Serpent God, Set, to exert his influence upon our realm again. Then in the first issue of Nightstalkers, Hannibal King, who had been thought to be cured of his vampirism at the end of the Montesi Formula storyline in Doctor Strange. Was now finding himself having the cravings for blood again, and regaining the vampire abilities he had sworn off using when King was a full fledged das wampir. Strange explained to him that certain spells, the Montesi Formula being implied, had been relaxed since the big fight with the Lord of the Undead. Not to mention the Vampire Verses storyline in Doc's own book. Where Marie Levue was trying to undue the Montesi Formula's effects so she could obtain the essential ingredient to her immortality elixir, vampire blood. Which could not exist without disentigrating as long as the spell was still in effect.
    This makes me think I need a I giant re-read of the MU ... from the beginning.

I'll add it to my To Do List. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Tomb of Dracula #16 Jan 1974
    "Return From the Grave!"
    The Lord of Vampires learns that he is not the only creature of the night to return from the grave...

Plus, who is Doctor Sun and why will he go on to become one of Dracula's greatest adversaries?

NOTE: First appearance of Doctor Sun.

Written by Marv Wolfman. Art by Gene Colan and Tom Palmer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    There is. And it's probably know to the general public of the Marvel Universe. But maybe some think that those stories, and accounts of Morbius being a scientifically created creature might be a cover up of the real thing because some may have a hang up about the existence of the supernatural. Marie LeVeue might've assumed this. Or maybe the Voodoo Queen might've hoped the Living Vampire's blood would've been a good substitute for the undead's.
    Morbius himself has expressed a skeptical view of the supernatural in the past, ironically enough. Of course, he hasn't shown this in recent years, but it was there. I suppose everyone has to have a limit on what they'll believe, of course.

We have seen Dracula and Morbius interact very, very little, so that is one thing I hope Aaron gives us. I'm not sure what more can be said, but it would be fun to see a bit more of two characters who get lumped in together despite not really being connected at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    This makes me think I need a I giant re-read of the MU ... from the beginning.

I'll add it to my To Do List. ;p
    No! Don't do it! There's too much!

Astonishing Member

Happy that this thread I created caught on. I wonder if Aaron will address his marriage to Shiklah maybe a mere reference that it didn't work out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Happy that this thread I created caught on. I wonder if Aaron will address his marriage to Shiklah maybe a mere reference that it didn't work out.
    I never really saw it working out. Dracula is pretty old fashion when it comes to marriage and Shiklah likes her freedom. They only got married because he wanted her political power in the monster world and she wanted to get away from Deadpool and be with someone who would entertain her more violent impulses. Unless it was known from the get-go that Shiklah could have other lovers, there would be problems.

Actually, this might explain why this civil war is happening-either Dracula is finally utilizing Shiklah's power to begin a war, or he's broken up with her and the other factions see it as an easy time to get him.

One thing about Shiklah is that she was in charge of the Legion of Monsters for a time. While we didn't see Morbius all that much then, we did see that he was one of the monsters under her control during that big Deadpool/Spiderman cross over.

Shiklah might have given Dracula the idea to use him.

That being said, I'm still not sure Dracula is actually after Morbius or if it's the new group of vampires. Or perhaps Dracula is trying to get Morbius before they do?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Dracula would make for an interesting Silicon Valley tech giant.
    silicon valley vampires. makes sense. Run with it!

Astonishing Member

Blade is popular but they might introduce him to the MCU the same way the comics did by maybe doing a MCU Tomb of Dracula horror movie or streaming series. Wouldn't it make more sense and easier to use classic black hair facial hair Dracula look than the newer look which would require cgi or makeup.

Extraordinary Member

I think there's just something so silly and stupid about having Dracula around at all that I'm not sure how well it would work out in the movies. We've seen it before, do we need to see it again?

To Aaron's credit, he's at least adding in different elements like Morbius and this Shadow Colonel thing and the vampire civil war.

A Blade movie or reboot needs something else.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Drac’s biggest problem with Thor was that Mjolnir was a holy symbol so potent it could kill him with a touch. So with the hammer currently out of the way...
    Mjolnir only destroyed Drac's minions when it hit them, not Dracula.
    Sounds perfect.

Astonishing Member

okay next week or maybe when we see the preview for next week Avengers issue we'll find out what look Dracula will have in this storyline and going beyond. lets see, alot of us hope for classic Drac or a variation of it with maybe some elements of the 2010 look but yeah lets see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    okay next week or maybe when we see the preview for next week Avengers issue we'll find out what look Dracula will have in this storyline and going beyond. lets see, alot of us hope for classic Drac or a variation of it with maybe some elements of the 2010 look but yeah lets see.
    I want some variation on the 2010 look. I just don't feel like we need more of the classic look. It had its day, now why not have something else?