Page 691 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 191591641681687688689690691692693694695701741791 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    It was iirc in both cases the final issue, RH/A#13 sold 16,389 RHatO Vol 1 #40 sold 17,110.
    Hey thanks Aahz!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I wonder, how do you guys compare the focus/character work that Jason gets in his team book with that of characters with their own solo? I don't read a lot, but even in titles like Batman, there are certain arcs that feel like he is not the star of his own book at all.
    But Batman is a special case since he has some many appearances anyway.
    When it comes to character moments I don't think he would really get much more, but he would get more opportunity to shine if he goes up against a villain on it's own and not in a team (especially with when his team mates are that powerfull). And it would also easier to really challenge him.

https://twitter.com/inariazuha

"jason and tim
    it wont fit cuz of the hair"

"jason mask face"

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

To be perfectly honest, I feel that the people asking for a RH solo are being somewhat blinded by the nostalgia. A ruthless Jason approach doesn't really work in the long term and would clash way too much with the larger DCU to be a worthwhile investment (although it would work wonderfully as a Vertigo miniseries). The character needs to be toned down and mellow to be able to work as part of a whole, and he also needs a stable supporting cast. Lost Days that is what I assume the closest thing to what people has in mind when asking for a RH solo, is by far one of the weakest stories in Jason's publication story and one that wasn't particularly well selling.

The Outlaws on the other hand are a stroke of genius that give Jason a niche previously empty within the Bat family that is build in such a way that allows writers to pull the characters beyond the normal scope used for Batman related characters. And after six years of the title going at a steady pace, is a safe bet to assume DC has no interest on moving Jason from that niche anytime soon.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I feel that the people asking for a RH solo are being somewhat blinded by the nostalgia. A ruthless Jason approach doesn't really work in the long term and would clash way too much with the larger DCU to be a worthwhile investment (although it would work wonderfully as a Vertigo miniseries). The character needs to be toned down and mellow to be able to work as part of a whole, and he also needs a stable supporting cast. Lost Days that is what I assume the closest thing to what people has in mind when asking for a RH solo, is by far one of the weakest stories in Jason's publication story and one that wasn't particularly well selling.

The Outlaws on the other hand are a stroke of genius that give Jason a niche previously empty within the Bat family that is build in such a way that allows writers to pull the characters beyond the normal scope used for Batman related characters. And after six years of the title going at a steady pace, is a safe bet to assume DC has no interest on moving Jason from that niche anytime soon.
    I'm find with this incarnation of the Outlaws becoming the classic iteration honestly.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

How much did Lost Days made as a whole?

What you suggest when it comes to be careful with the literation is all well and on point but a solo Jason wouldn`t have to be Winnick`s interpretation at all. Loedbell and co have already managed to show he can be be true to his crime dealing philosophy accordingly and without sacrifising too much of his whole backstory. I absolutely loved Lost Years back when and it made sense to fill in some of the gaps at the time but you can still use it. His development shouldn`t erase what he considers the biggest crimes in his pov.

Once more, the key is balance. Don`t throw and welcome to use what came before and don`t erase further character development. This isn`t really (pr should be) a major deal considering that whatever mellowing out Jason has had, not only makes sense in the context it happened (finding his own family in a misfit group of friends), it wouldn`t ever erase his fundamentals. If anything it would make him less predictable in dealing with some things with his life now and what surounds him.

The character work so far has been mostly good, that`s not even the issue. The issue is DC/Office/WB/TPTB using him in bigger ways and award the general success he`s gotten with bigger projects instead of just being happy with the niche he`s founded.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post

What you suggest when it comes to be careful with the literation is all well and on point but a solo Jason wouldn`t have to be Winnick`s interpretation at all. Loedbell and co have already managed to show he can be be true to his crime dealing philosophy accordingly and without sacrifising too much of his whole backstory. I absolutely loved Lost Years back when and it made sense to fill in some of the gaps at the time but you can still use it. His development shouldn`t erase what he considers the biggest crimes in his pov.

Once more, the key is balance. Don`t throw and welcome to use what came before and don`t erase further character development. This isn`t really (pr should be) a major deal considering that whatever mellowing out Jason has had, not only makes sense in the context it happened (finding his own family in a misfit group of friends), it wouldn`t ever erase his fundamentals. If anything it would make him less predictable in dealing with some things with his life now and what surounds him.

The character work so far has been mostly good, that`s not even the issue. The issue is DC/Office/WB/TPTB using him in bigger ways and award the general success he`s gotten with bigger projects instead of just being happy with the niche he`s founded.
    Oh I'm aware of that. I'm just using as basis for my argument the fact that ruthless Jason is whatever people tends to think when asking for a RH solo. A "return to the good times" when Jason wasn't part of the Batfamily. A solo title with the current Jason wouldn't satisfy that section of the fanabse and would be somewhat redundant since Jason is still the driving force behind RHATO.

In other news, Batman Ninja gets a home release in May

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    The #1 sold 34,197 copies, till #6 dropped it down to 22,123. That a surprisingly small drop, but not terribly impressing numbers.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Oh I'm aware of that. I'm just using as basis for my argument the fact that ruthless Jason is whatever people tends to think when asking for a RH solo. A "return to the good times" when Jason wasn't part of the Batfamily. A solo title with the current Jason wouldn't satisfy that section of the fanabse and would be somewhat redundant since Jason is still the driving force behind RHATO.
    The people that are looking for a more ruthless version of Jason are just going to have to understand that DC already has tried that characterization before. It came to nothing because no writer after Winick bothered to develops that version beyond a rather whiney, one note, one dimensional characterization that got VERY old VERY quickly. Perhaps IF some writer had pitched a solo book for Red Hood back at that time and used the foundation for the character Winick had set up in UTRH and LD they could have done something interesting and more nuanced with the concept. Unfortunately that never happened and to do so at this late date would be a disservice to the character as he exists now. Frankly I'd be far happier to get a RH solo that builds on what Lobdell has done with the character rather than one that would have to regress the character just to make a few vocal fans happy.

In other news, Batman Ninja gets a home release in May

That's good news. Thanks for the info, Dark. I can always count on you for such news.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Unfortunately that never happened and to do so at this late date would be a disservice to the character as he exists now. Frankly I'd be far happier to get a RH solo that builds on what Lobdell has done with the character rather than one that would have to regress the character just to make a few vocal fans happy.
    Thats why I would have liked to see a Red hood Mini in the Arkham Verse as follow up to genesis.

But I would still like also the Lobdell Jason to get a solo, and even if it is just a mini, he really needs some iconic solo stories.

Spectacular Member

Like I mentioned elsewhere; he doesn't have to be the Punisher. There's a lot of untapped potential there as far as a solo series goes. It's fun to see him work with a team and build new relationships, but at the same time it would be nice to have a series that can solely focus on Jason and his own adventures.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Thats why I would have liked to see a Red hood Mini in the Arkham Verse as follow up to genesis
    I would have liked to have seen an Arkham verse Red Hood mini as well. It would have made a nice follow up to Genesis as you say. Arkham verse Jason is probably the version that is closest to what some people are looking for insofar as a more violent Jason is concerned. I could very easily see that version of the character becoming a darker anti-hero who kills the bad guys.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

So i guess they have small parts since they all have to share voice actors

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So i guess they have small parts since they all have to share voice actors
    Either that or they thought Friedle could do a good enough job of differentiating between the two voices so they didn't need to hire another actor.

Kinda funny to see Tim and Jason sharing a VA again .