Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Storm - the writer is borrowing a plot from X-Men Forever

My main question is if this plot point will be explored in Taylor's X-Men Red, Soule's Wolverine or will it just be a general X-Men plot going forward. Considering that another of the main consequences of the Hunt For Wolverine minis that we know so far (Betsy's body swap) concerns the X-Men universe in general, I guess the sleeper agent stuff could also be a part of the Disassembled arc.

So if we aren't just dealing with the cast of Red or the people who were part of Logan's funeral, the possibilities are way larger.

Namor, him and Cassandra are building a new Illuminati

Is Psylocke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Is Psylocke.
    You're right. The original Elizabeth Braddock was a human/other world hybrid, and the current Psylocke's body was engineered by Kwannon. And the Hunt for Wolverine possible deals with the return of Psylocke's original body.

So Tony was just wrong in assuming it was a sleeper. Though Spiral did use Psylocke (when she put bionic eyes) in the original body to spy on the X-men.

Ultimate Member

Kwannon could not have engineered anything, she wasn't a scientist, she was an assassin and anything outside of her physical looks about Kwannon died years ago, and Jamie remade her body in the last several years anyway...as for her original body no she took over the villain's body and has either hijacked it or somehow remade it to look like her old body...again...somehow...and I'd think that someone would have known by now if her powers were tech based or not...so no I don't think that it's her...

The only person I would like it to be is Hope Summers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Kwannon could not have engineered anything, she wasn't a scientist, she was an assassin and anything outside of her physical looks about Kwannon died years ago, and Jamie remade her body in the last several years anyway...as for her original body no she took over the villain's body and has either hijacked it or somehow remade it to look like her old body...again...somehow...and I'd think that someone would have known by now if her powers were tech based or not...so no I don't think that it's her...
    I mistyped. Kwannon wasn't a mutant or a human/alien hybrid like Elizabeth Braddock. But Spiral engineered Kwannon's body so it would have the powers of Betsy Braddock.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    She's both. (The current X-23 series has confirmed that Laura is a clone, albeit a modified one -- and we knew that she was modified since day one.)
    Modified/possessing mitochondrial DNA from Sarah/having two x chromosomes=/=being straight up Sarah's daughter on a genetic level for Tony to see in labresults. And now that this is the case, she's no longer Logan's genetic twin or clone, modified or otherwise. Anymore then Nate Grey is Scott Summers or Jean Grey's clone. The reason Nate Grey is not referred to as such I suppose is because Mr Sinister was the scientist responsible and he bothered to think to do a simple check. Nate has Jean Grey's mutation (mostly). That does not make him her male clone.
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 08-12-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I mistyped. Kwannon wasn't a mutant or a human/alien hybrid like Elizabeth Braddock. But Spiral engineered Kwannon's body so it would have the powers of Betsy Braddock.
    Though it wasn't just Kwannon's body, she literally mixed the two bodies together so the Psylocke that we've had for the past 30 years or so is both the body of Kwannon and Betsy's original body, as was Revanche, so Spiral didn't just switch their minds and such she melded the two together body and soul and such...so now she's not back in her old body she's in Styx's body that she stole/took control of and remodeled...which just convolutes things even more...all so that the big editor can try to cover up/make up for his own stupid mistake and use Betsy to do it...it's not Marvel as a whole but his thing...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Stupid double post junk again...I thought that they said that the sleeper was at the funeral, so wouldn't it be limited to a small group...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 08-12-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I hope it is that Avenger trash Hope Summers
    she is a Summers(in name for now} that is supposed to kill millions.
    Ms Sinister was most likely mayor when this pic happened
    Attachment 69236
    and after the phoenix mess if her powers or her go crazy after showing up again at sum point it would fit for me
    I can go with Hope. It would explain a lot about her back story and why she seem similar to Jean. She could be some poor child that Sinister implanted with Jean or Rachel's DNA....that would actually make sense.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-12-2018 at 06:02 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Going by History and since Sinister's the provider of this I am going with Gambit.

Though I think this is a stupid ass plot point regardless of who the mole is.

I think we're wrong in assuming that the sleeper agent is Tom Taylor's idea. Taylor obviously had a story planned out where the Adamantium Agenda team uncovers a big secret about X-23 during their quest for Wolverine's body. They were looking for her 'dad' but found her mom instead. It's symbolic, and it's the beginning of a new arc for the character, maybe one where she gets in touch with her human side. I think it works really well. But Marvel had him 'bundle' these two revelations. I'm saying this because the sleeper agent thing really looks like something that was added as an afterthought to the plot. Because Tony Stark had time to look at X-23's entire genome and deduct who her mother was but couldn't get the name of the sleeper agent.

So for me the Taylor connection doesn't hold up and the sleeper agent might not in the Red team. But if the sleeper agent is in Red, it could easily be one of the mutant refugees they took in the underwater city. It wouldn't have to be a major character, but the sleeper agent thing because a plot device to destroy this city. Or it's Gentle and Jean helping him access his powers in Red 6 was foreshadowing?

My other theories:
    - Mesmero was able to trigger a psychotic episode in Rachel in Gold 31 and 32. The book synopsis mentioned trauma caused by his attacks, but maybe she's his sleeper agent.
    - Banshee in Astonishing X-Men. He is back with no explanations and people just shrug when someone asks if he is ok.
    - The sleeper agent unleashes the reaver virus and creates the future we saw in Blue 33 (and in the upcoming Extermination event). In Blue 33, page 18-19 the little blue kid says 'The Reaver agent didn't start as some kind of cybernetic contamination - it started as hate'. Keep that in mind and read the first three pages of X Men Red 6 again. Charles Xavier's evil twin talks about teaching people how to hate and kill mutants on sight. I think he has a sleeper agent either in the underwater city, or outside ready to release the virus. Extermination becomes a cross-over with the upcoming Red and Blue issues and Marvel sells us more comics

The gag would be if the sleeper was Kitty herself!