Page 41 of 294 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley smiled.

She, as a pureblooded Saiyan warrior, didn't lend herself toward the use of any weapon outside of her own body. It was considered beneath many.

However, there was something about this ax that felt... natural. Like it was made just for her, and only her. One swing revealed to her the lightness with which she carried it, and the ease she wielded it.

File could attest to its sharpness far better than she could. Even now, his pale golden glow faded from his person, and his healing ability found itself stymied.

She didn't dare gloat or waste time posturing.

She finished it.

File disappears in a flash of light that takes out him and puts a hole in the side of the ship.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Blood magic!

Sarada had only seen it in action a few times – once by Jagam, and again by Ishtar. The former had yet to manifest itself, but she was up close and personal for Ishtar's.

Even still, she didn't know how to counteract it. There was a moment when she was interested in learning something about magic, but that fell to the wayside.

She had nothing. Nothing except her pride. "Damn Oni," she snarled. Her only remaining fish clenched. "You won't turn me into a part of you! You can take over my mind and my body, but there's one thing you can never turn! MY PRIDE!!!" She roared, once again letting her power flare. This time, the natural stubbornness that was inherent to all Saiyans aided her efforts. It was her indomitable will versus this creature's damned blood magic. If he wanted a new piece for himself, he was going to have to earn it.

Royal Authority
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Nevalinna, there is a nasty blood curse in Sarada right now that is slowly working through her system. Sarada’s natural saiyan stubbornness and her Royal Authority is holding it at bay, but not beating it back.

Sarada, Nevalinna is healing you but you can feel that the Oni’ blood magic is very powerful. He’s done this to countless people and each one he’s done this to is another ‘spirit’ that fuels the blood curse’s effects.
    Sarada's outburst all but confirmed what she'd sensed. Blood magic, and a powerful example at that, was working its way through her system, trying to... dominate her? No... no, it was attempting to do something much, much worse, though she could scarcely venture a guess as to what that something was. However, mere healing was not what was needed now. While she could not claim to be at all familiar with blood magic, it was, at its core... magic.

Closing the 'valve', the wave of healing energy ceased, and Nevanlinna began preparing a different sort of ability. Blood magic from a thing like that oni was not something she could handle on her own, but between Sarada's sheer stubborness and will and what was to come, perhaps this blood magic could be overcome.

"Null Magic Field!"

The color dulled a slight bit around Nevanlinna and Sarada. The null magic field pierced through Sarada harmlessly... instead targetting the blood magic within her. The moment it contacted, even those without the explicit ability to sense magical processes could feel something like two... forces grinding against each other. The princess' brow furrowed in concentration as she maintained the effect, slowly compressing the field to enhance its effect until it was barely larger than the two women inside it.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

The spellcasters is about five hundred yards away, invisible, and chanting quietly as he casts spells towards Sasheem.
    Half of the Mini-Sasheems, the unaffected half, make a beeline for the spellcaster, shooting tiny, ineffective but stinging ki blasts around his feet as they swarm about him. More of a bunch nuisances than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Sarada's outburst all but confirmed what she'd sensed. Blood magic, and a powerful example at that, was working its way through her system, trying to... dominate her? No... no, it was attempting to do something much, much worse, though she could scarcely venture a guess as to what that something was. However, mere healing was not what was needed now. While she could not claim to be at all familiar with blood magic, it was, at its core... magic.

Closing the 'valve', the wave of healing energy ceased, and Nevanlinna began preparing a different sort of ability. Blood magic from a thing like that oni was not something she could handle on her own, but between Sarada's sheer stubborness and will and what was to come, perhaps this blood magic could be overcome.

"Null Magic Field!"

The color dulled a slight bit around Nevanlinna and Sarada. The null magic field pierced through Sarada harmlessly... instead targetting the blood magic within her. The moment it contacted, even those without the explicit ability to sense magical processes could feel something like two... forces grinding against each other. The princess' brow furrowed in concentration as she maintained the effect, slowly compressing the field to enhance its effect until it was barely larger than the two women inside it.
    The weight of dozens of ‘spirits’ fueling the curse pushes against her Null Magic Field. Sweat drips down Nevalinna’s forehead as old Magic’s battle against each other.

The curse is halted and is slowly, slowly, being pushed out of Sarada. But the effort is staggering and difficult.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Half of the Mini-Sasheems, the unaffected half, make a beeline for the spellcaster, shooting tiny, ineffective but stinging ki blasts around his feet as they swarm about him. More of a bunch nuisances than anything.

He hisses in pain and starts hopping around, trying to avoid the stinging attacks. His invisibility drops.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

File disappears in a flash of light that takes out him and puts a hole in the side of the ship.
    Despite the obvious face-value result of her finisher, Parsley left nothing to chance. Even though it appeared that File had been vaporized in the attack, she still scanned as far as she could in all directions with Observational Focus. If he intended on hiding away until he was healed, she was going to have something say about that.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Despite the obvious face-value result of her finisher, Parsley left nothing to chance. Even though it appeared that File had been vaporized in the attack, she still scanned as far as she could in all directions with Observational Focus. If he intended on hiding away until he was healed, she was going to have something say about that.
    There.

Several rooms down, a faint flicker of energy.

File has teleported away.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He hisses in pain and starts hopping around, trying to avoid the stinging attacks. His invisibility drops.
    As he hisses, the other half of Mini-Sasheems infected with his spell casting, make their move, punching through his teeth and diving into his stomach with repeated, malicious cries of, "Wheeeee! Diiiiiiie!" As soon as a good fifty had dove in, they detonated, both with their own explosive force as well violently expelling whatever magical infliction was placed upon them by this accursed mage.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

There.

Several rooms down, a faint flicker of energy.

File has teleported away.
    Her eyes narrowed. "I knew it, bastard." Ax in hand, Parsley bolted down the hall as fast as she could in hopes of catching him before he got away. In her free hand, an energy blast formed.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A very un-deity like squeak was heard as the Goddess was yanked towards Ishtar.

Ishtar, oddly enough, the Ruination goddess hasn’t transformed. In fact, her use of Hakai has been very...limited.

Stunted even, one might say.
    As the Goddess of Ruination sailed toward Ishtar, and into her waiting fist ... the burgeoning Goddess of Destruction couldn't help but feel that this fight was not at all going the way she had guaranteed herself it would.

Namely ... she was holding her own. Even more than that, though. Her counterpart had yet to mirror the transformation.

In fact, it almost seemed like the Hakai the Goddess of Ruination could bring to bear was ... not much more than what Ishtar herself had been capable of amassing under duress. Which itself was strange, given the destructive path she had carved for herself across this timeline's galaxy. Yet here she stood, on the giving end of the damage she had assumed she herself would've suffered ... and it raised several questions.

"... You are humoring me. Is that it ?" Yet even as Ishtar asked it, she knew that was impossible given their nature, as Oni. The chains around the Goddess of Ruination's wrists slackened, confusion coloring the glowing-horn Oni's own face. "What ... what is this ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As the Goddess of Ruination sailed toward Ishtar, and into her waiting fist ... the burgeoning Goddess of Destruction couldn't help but feel that this fight was not at all going the way she had guaranteed herself it would.

Namely ... she was holding her own. Even more than that, though. Her counterpart had yet to mirror the transformation.

In fact, it almost seemed like the Hakai the Goddess of Ruination could bring to bear was ... not much more than what Ishtar herself had been capable of amassing under duress. Which itself was strange, given the destructive path she had carved for herself across this timeline's galaxy. Yet here she stood, on the giving end of the damage she had assumed she herself would've suffered ... and it raised several questions.

"... You are humoring me. Is that it ?" Yet even as Ishtar asked it, she knew that was impossible given their nature, as Oni. The chains around the Goddess of Ruination's wrists slackened, confusion coloring the glowing-horn Oni's own face. "What ... what is this ?"
    The goddess sighs.

She bats at the chains and they shatter away, her form becoming full once more.

“Well......not exactly, dear. More a test, really.”

She smirks.

“This body is a simulacrum of my real one. The “Doctor” thought he could sway me to his side through gifts and promises, but I was mostly intrigued to find you. I never thought to see another me. It quite frankly pisses me off.”

“As to holding back....I’m afraid You have me at a disadvantage. See, when I took my power as my own, I....failed to understand a lesson learned in my youth. A flower plucked before its time never blooms as full.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 06-21-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Her eyes narrowed. "I knew it, bastard." Ax in hand, Parsley bolted down the hall as fast as she could in hopes of catching him before he got away. In her free hand, an energy blast formed.

He senses her and starts fleeing further inside the ship.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    As he hisses, the other half of Mini-Sasheems infected with his spell casting, make their move, punching through his teeth and diving into his stomach with repeated, malicious cries of, "Wheeeee! Diiiiiiie!" As soon as a good fifty had dove in, they detonated, both with their own explosive force as well violently expelling whatever magical infliction was placed upon them by this accursed mage.
    The mage dies, as does his spell on Sasheem.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The mage dies, as does his spell on Sasheem.
    Blobs that were once the Mini-Sasheems rapdily pile up together to form the original. After he fully re-forms, he sits in the sand a bit, shaking his head and trying to refomulate his thoughts as he senses that a good deal of the others are far above the planet. On those ships perhaps. One of which had the device they sought.

Sasheem grinned. As soon as he got his **** back together, he had an idea on how to lend a 'helping hand'.

OOC: How many ships are there left, Cleric?

Retired Overlord

He is knocked the hell out.

The controls are surprisingly easy to understand. Shiny button turns engine on. Red button makes go. Wheel changes direction (yes, these odd ships have odd helm designs like nautical ships for some reason).
    Thankfully, as it turned out, the ship was built to be piloted by something with short attention span.....almost a bit too much like an actual ship in fact, not that baby erosa cared.

With the mental beep and boom sound effects to go along with her action, the I’d started up the ships engines with a press of a button and took the wheel...having to spread her arms just to reach both sides. The entire ship was now in her power....the universe at her fingertips.

“GAO!” Erosa realized she had no idea where to go with her new ship. There must be scanners and maps and information around the bridge too.....maybe directions to a local drive through.

Erosa wonders if Space burgers were a thing.