Page 14 of 277 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    They were knocked out of the time traveling hyperspace and landed at a random space and time.
    Which was Star City in 2046.

And they had a Prison Break joke. That was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    “This isn’t my first prison break” When Cold said that, I was rollin' lol.
    I completely missed the "Prison Break" reference to the show. All I could think of was the time Wentworth Miller played Chris Redfield in Resident Evil Afterlife, and helped the survivors escape from a prison. XD

Im guessing diggle was killed and Oliver took in a son he must have had. Now ollie and diggle jr are all thats left.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    I completely missed the "Prison Break" reference to the show. All I could think of was the time Wentworth Miller played Chris Redfield in Resident Evil Afterlife, and helped the survivors escape from a prison. XD
    Just a quick comment about this not being his first prison break,

If I'm remembering right, didn't Cold kill one of his crew in his debut episode after the guy ended up shooting somebody on the job? Though I guess that was after they had completed it...but he also killed the guy who sold him the Cold and Heat gun. Snart is very liberal with his so-called "code."

I did get a good chuckle out of "This isn't my first prison break" line, though in-universe I imagine Snart was probably talking about either that time Lisa broke him and Mick out of police custody, that time he double-crossed Flash and freed all the Metahumans, or that time Weather Wizard broke him and Trickster out of prison.

It's almost easy to forget that Savage had this big unrequited love for Shiera, which is what led him to murder her and Khufu in the first place, after seeing him consistently try and kill the pair in his on-screen appearances, but I guess without Hawkman around he felt it was the right time to make a play for Kendra again. The slimeball .

Man, Ray really got the tar kicked out of him in this episode. Was this partially to make up for his getting the team captured in the last episode? Heck, in general this whole arc hasn't been very kind to him. Maybe in the next few episodes they'll finally let him take on Chronos?

It's interesting to see how The Rogues are developing within the team. Consistently they talk about how they only care about themselves, their possible scores, and each other, but here we see Snart going out of his way to keep Sara from killing Stein and going back to being the cold-blooded assassin she was in the past and Mick helping Ray out after Ray went out of his way to save Mick from getting tortured. It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, all that might lead to...Snart and Sara seem to really respect each other already, but I wonder if Ray and Mick might actually develop some kind of friendship/bromance?

In-spite of a few surprises and not having the whole team together for most of the episode, I think this was actually the most effective and team-like the Legends have been in a while.

Jax was pretty awesome in this episode, from making that run despite his leg injury, to managing to beat Valentina by getting through to Stein. It showed a lot of ingenuity on his part as well as emphasized his character development in accepting and understanding Professor Stein. The two seem to have finally accepted one another as partners and friends, which I imagine means that not only is Firestorm whole again, but now even more powerful .

Though I never thought Stein could actually effect the host Firestorm body if he made the effort to do so. I wonder if Earth-2 Stein just wasn't as strong or willful as Earth-1 Stein, which is why he wasn't able overcome Earth-2 Ronnie as Deathstorm?

With her obsession with creating a Nuclear Man and her haste to become one herself, Valentina pretty much blowing herself and the prison up was very karmic.

Y'know, credit to the new Green Arrow, whoever he is (I guess he's Conner Hawke as a descendant of Diggles?), he actually sounds a lot like Ollie with the vocoder on .

So now it's getting a little silly; once again the heroes have Vandal Savage in their grasp, and instead of capturing him so Kendra can kill him later (I think they are missing the special knife), they let him go (although they leave an explosion as a parting gift). Is this going to happen every single episode? The entire premise of the show is to stop him, so I'm confused as to what they're waiting for.

Even if they can't find Kendra's knife to permanently kill him, there are an infinite amount of options they could use to get rid of him. For instance, they could just drop him into a vat of molten steel and then once it hardens, throw that steel into the Marianas Trench. I hope the writers can at least stop letting Savage from getting so easily cornered, because the sloppiness is getting harder and harder to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    So now it's getting a little silly; once again the heroes have Vandal Savage in their grasp, and instead of capturing him so Kendra can kill him later (I think they are missing the special knife), they let him go (although they leave an explosion as a parting gift). Is this going to happen every single episode? The entire premise of the show is to stop him, so I'm confused as to what they're waiting for.

Even if they can't find Kendra's knife to permanently kill him, there are an infinite amount of options they could use to get rid of him. For instance, they could just drop him into a vat of molten steel and then once it hardens, throw that steel into the Marianas Trench. I hope the writers can at least stop letting Savage from getting so easily cornered, because the sloppiness is getting harder and harder to ignore.
    The popular theory I'v seen about that is, presumably Savage's devoted followers have pieces of him locked away and hidden; in case of such extremes. Savage can regenerate from nearly anything, after all. But yeah, this cat and mouse thing can't go on for an entire season.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 02-19-2016 at 12:07 AM.

Incredible Member

I liked this episode but Ray getting beaten up (twice) was yet another example of how people in tv and movies take beatings that could easily kill them in real life but then recover at lightning speed. By the end of the episode Ray was up and around with just a couple of marks on his face.

I've only seen it done close to realistically on "The Walking Dead." When Rick takes a beating he has to sleep for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I liked this episode but Ray getting beaten up (twice) was yet another example of how people in tv and movies take beatings that could easily kill them in real life but then recover at lightning speed. By the end of the episode Ray was up and around with just a couple of marks on his face.

I've only seen it done close to realistically on "The Walking Dead." When Rick takes a beating he has to sleep for a couple of days.
    Well they do have future medical devices on Waverider. That could explain Ray's fast recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

So what is the point of the blue glowy gun that Rip has? Vandal seems to know it can hurt him. So why doesn't Rip shoot him with it? Was this explained somewhere I missed?

Retired

With the time trip, I find myself wanting more of the local colour. We got some of that in the '70s, not so much in the '80s. It's good that they spend more than one episode in any one era, but I want to be more immersed in the time period (which seems to be a big feature of time travel, you'd think).

The time jump to the future has great potential. It will be a challenge for the crafts on set to create the right look for this period.

Is the Hawkman actor on contract for the whole season? I think they would have to keep him around--even though Carter is "dead"--just to use him in those Ancient Egypt flashbacks. But now that we're 30 years ahead of when he left his timeline, that should mean there's a new Khufu incarnation, around thirty years old in that time period. Maybe that's how they can bring him back. Of course, then the shoe would be on the other foot. Kendra would know more about their past lives than he.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Not that I disagree with you, but future science may have ways of speeding up the healing process.

Sandy Hausler

Well they do have future medical devices on Waverider. That could explain Ray's fast recovery.
    Beat me to it.

Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

There was a LOT of character development crammed into this two-parter, but it felt organic.

It's kind of funny that Rip recruited a bunch of superheroes but they keep finding inventive ways for them to not use their powers. Ray can't use his suit because someone could steal the tech, in spite of the fact that his powerset would be the most useful out of all of them. I mean, if you don't want to muck with time, you call on a guy who can move in and out of areas virtually unseen. They seem terrified for Jax and Stein to be in the same room now, because someone might discover the secret of their powers.

It kind of gives off the old Bill Bixby Hulk vibe, where they can't cut loose and unleash their powers to the very end of the show. I know it's a budget thing, but it works well for characterization, and shows that these guys are more than the sum of their abilities.

I agree about the period piece comment. I was looking forward to seeing 80s culture, as that's the era I grew up in. Ah, well. At least I've got the Goldbergs.

I wonder if there will ever be an in universe explanation as to why so much seems to center around Star City, which became the center of the Resistance in the post Russian victory scenario. I remember digging Peter David's explanation for why the Hulk was always driven to the desert: he was actually being pulled there by Maestro's ghost, who he'd sent to ground zero at the gamma bomb explosion. I'm not asking for the same thing here, but I always dig that kind of stuff.

Fantastic Member

The popular theory I'v seen about that is, presumably Savage's devoted followers have pieces of him locked away and hidden; in case of such extremes. Savage can regenerate from nearly anything, after all. But yeah, this cat and mouse thing can't go on for an entire season.
    That wouldn't keep the team from taking him prisoner. For example this episode Rip shoots him in the head, Kendra flys him back to the ship and ties him up before he can regenerate, they keep him locked up or frozen until they get the plot device knife they need. His followers having a finger of his locked up somewhere shouldn't account for that unless cloning is involved.

Besides even if that were the case how would the team know that and not try to get him off the board for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I wonder if there will ever be an in universe explanation as to why so much seems to center around Star City, which became the center of the Resistance in the post Russian victory scenario. I remember digging Peter David's explanation for why the Hulk was always driven to the desert: he was actually being pulled there by Maestro's ghost, who he'd sent to ground zero at the gamma bomb explosion. I'm not asking for the same thing here, but I always dig that kind of stuff.
    I think Star City is important because its chronologically where the first Superhero of this universe debuted, even before The Flash showed up, back when it was Starling City and it was home to crazy Supervillains and costumed vigilante's before the Particle Accelerator was even complete.

I remember that line from season 3 where Lance accused Oliver of being responsible for the rise of all the Superheroes and Supervillains who started coming out of the woodworks after he started his crusade, as if The Arrow was what kickstarted the age of heroes we're currently witnessing in the Arrowverse, so I think that's where Star City's significance is starting to come in.