Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It takes but a spark.
    Wake up one of the mods.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Hence why I'm more interested in what's going to happen after Hickman's out.
    Seriously? He is going to be running things for a while. This kind of attitude makes this place depressing. The next thing is NEVER going to be what som of you want.
    Last edited by PetPigeon; 05-20-2019 at 01:49 PM.

I can understand that any writer loves Emma. She is a type of character like Doom, Thor, Superior Spider-man, Stark or Namor in which their dialogue is satisfying and easy to write thanks to their awesome egos.

Add to the cocktail that she is practically the only X-Woman with that attitude and you have a winning recipe. Any dialogue can be entertaining with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I can understand that any writer loves Emma. She is a type of character like Doom, Thor, Superior Spider-man, Stark or Namor in which their dialogue is satisfying and easy to write thanks to their awesome egos.

Add to the cocktail that she is practically the only X-Woman with that attitude and you have a winning recipe. Any dialogue can be entertaining with her.
    you mean writers are lazy?

Good Doctor Doom dialog is nothing but very complex. He talks like a old king

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Seriously? He is going to be running things for a while. This kind of attitude makes this place depressing. The next thing is NEVER going to be what some one you want.
    Maybe in some of these waves there will be some Polaris. But with Hickman navigating the x-ship, he will let the meaty stuff for his faves

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was clear that Jean would be the protagonist, Marvel didn't mislead anyone. some characters were showing up on other teams and solos.
    I imagine your reaction if they had a Scott/Emma book like this.

you mean writers are lazy?

Good Doctor Doom dialog is nothing but very complex. He talks like a old king
    And that's fun to write. You can be as exaggerated and bombastic as you want. Magneto, Sinister, Emma, Monet and Sunspot have all incredible egos. Of course Hickman knows that not all the characters in a story can be like that, so for example in New Avengers also had much importance more discreet characters like Black Panther or Reed Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I imagine your reaction if they had a Scott/Emma book like this.
    Like majority of the books on 2000s?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I'm most interested because this feels like the first pitch for introducing the X-Men into the MCU.

Even though I thought Hickman's Avengers stuff was boring and more tell than show, the line needs a visionary with clout and commitment and he clearly has both. It's exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    And that's fun to write. You can be as exaggerated and bombastic as you want. Magneto, Sinister, Emma, Monet and Sunspot have all incredible egos. Of course Hickman knows that not all the characters in a story can be like that, so for example in New Avengers also had much importance more discreet characters like Black Panther or Reed Richards.
    Seems more like a lack of skills of writers than anything about these characters

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I, for one, am glad that the great war between Team Emma and Team Jean will once again flare up with an unholy fury. Peace breeds stagnation, conflict breeds evolution. I've chosen my side, selected my arms, and am out for blood. Are you?
    Where's that Doflamingo spread where he says the victors will define what justice is? Serves us well right now.

Seems more like a lack of skills of writers than anything about these characters
    Yes, obviously every writer who likes Emma must also be bad at their job. I'm sure they would be delighted to hear that.

BANNED

meme time

Your attitude of "I don't like X character therefore any writer who does and enjoy writing her has no skill" is a mix between funny and sad.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    meme time
    Perfection.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

So far I really been liking what I have been reading for about House of X and Powers of X. They both sound fun. Also it seems like Emma is going to get some love here, so I'm excited for that. I've haven't read anything made by Hickman yet but from the interviews it sounds like his era of X-books should be fun. Can't wait to start reading the series.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur