Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Not quite.

Marvel Studios TV and film divisions are functionally separate. It's why you really don't see much overlap between the two.
    But both divisions still answer to the same execs (I'm not talking Feige, Loeb, or Perlmutter), so this agreement obviously means there have been talks between both Fox and Marvel about co-production.

Would this be the first Marvel TV production yet to not be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe--safely assuming it's not?
    Last edited by redrunner97; 07-12-2016 at 02:22 PM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Didn't Marvel TV and Marvel Film split? Could be the TV deciding that if they don't have access to all the film stuff, they will work with FOX on TV.
    I think it's more of the Kevin Feige influence. The way his group was able to work with Sony, and the fact that he started out working on the X-Men films, kinda helped to smooth the way with Fox. Feige is willing to work with these guys, it's just a matter of getting people together and work out a way for everyone to benefit. The same way they are doing with Sony.

I admit I'm not too interested in this show, but if there's any hint that increased co-operation between Marvel and Fox in any capacity means less marginalisation for the mutants in the comics... well, that would be great. But that's wild speculation, of course

Hrnn....we'll see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    I think it's more of the Kevin Feige influence. The way his group was able to work with Sony, and the fact that he started out working on the X-Men films, kinda helped to smooth the way with Fox. Feige is willing to work with these guys, it's just a matter of getting people together and work out a way for everyone to benefit. The same way they are doing with Sony.
    But Feige is Marvel Studios. He has no say with TV, and reports are that TV/Comics and Film were not exactly getting along.

As for Sony, it was pure money. Nothing else.

According to Variety, the new series will follow "...two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive."
    I like the sound of this! My only concern is that we've seen 'superhumans on the run from the government' too frequently. I want there to be the social prejudice angle, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Spartak87

X-Factor show please!!!! Or hell a Madrox solo show!!! I know it won't happen but a guy can dream

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Glad to see more cooperation.I figured Marvel would make a move to balance the DC TV shows.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I admit I'm not too interested in this show, but if there's any hint that increased co-operation between Marvel and Fox in any capacity means less marginalisation for the mutants in the comics... well, that would be great. But that's wild speculation, of course
    Exactly! I don't have high hopes for these shows... they sound more like "that one mutant drama with X-Men cameos", less "X-Men - The Live Action TV serial you always dreamed about." But maybe they are good enough to make Marvel not completely ignore the X-Men in the comics because the real money goes to their competitor.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I like the sound of this! My only concern is that we've seen 'superhumans on the run from the government' too frequently. I want there to be the social prejudice angle, too.
    Well I admit the idea of having some non-mutants in the mix as parents is interesting, especially given how often parents of mutant children in X-Men media automatically turn to the anti-mutant types, whether misguided or not. But yeah, they'll have the difficult job of differing some of this from the Inhuman stuff we've seen in AOS. Though of course since that show looks to be shifting to other storylines for Season 4 maybe it won't matter...

Nothing about this interests me thus far. With all the X-Men and X-related characters out there, this is what they come up with? I'm still in "wait and see more" mode.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ok the premise isn't bad, quite interesting in fact, but given this is an X-Men based series and might actually now be set in the movie universe, what's the problem with just having it be about a team of X-Men? Hell, get some of the established B-listers like Jubilee, Sunspot, Teen Negasonic and Bishop involved.
    Yeah...this doesn't have to be X-men proper...you can pick X-members who haven't been in the movies and set the premise of the show that a new team is taking the reins or assigned to handle other threats aside from the main team.

I think at this point in time, we need to see the X-men on TV...it's time.
    Last edited by Silver Phoenix; 07-12-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

BANNED

So the women will suck, the POC will suck. The story will be all about two white dudes with a difference in philosophy and some new ringer.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Nothing about this interests me thus far. With all the X-Men and X-related characters out there, this is what they come up with? I'm still in "wait and see more" mode.
    Well as with the MCU people are careful that the TV and the movie side of things don't step on each others toes.
    "This is me being reasonable"

The fact that there's any cooperation at all between Fox and marvel is a good sign. And I don't think the fact that the Marvel cinematic and TV sides have split matters that much. Both of them have to answer to Disney. They can be ordered to play nice with each other. Fox holds the rights to the best candidates (Dr Doom, Kang) for the overarching villain in the next MCU phase. I hope they can work something out