View Poll Results: Who's your favorite Robin? (Robins?)

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden Age Dick Grayson (pre-CoIE Earth-2 / became adult Robin with JSA)

9 3.23%
  • Dick Grayson (later Nightwing / Silver Age +)

72 25.81%
  • young Bruce Wayne (Detective Comics #226, December 1955)

0 0%
  • Bruce Wayne, Jr. (Batman #131 and others, 1960-1964)

0 0%
  • Jason Todd (later Red Hood / 1983 +)

32 11.47%
  • Carrie Kelley (Frank Miller's future Robin, 1986 +)

2 0.72%
  • Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +)

77 27.60%
  • robotic "Toy Wonder" (from DC One Million / 1998)

0 0%
  • Stephanie Brown (originally Spoiler, also Batgirl / became Robin in 2004)

11 3.94%
  • Damian Wayne (2006 +)

70 25.09%
  • Helena Wayne (New52 Earth 2 version, later Huntress / 2012 +)

1 0.36%
  • Duke Thomas (Robin from Futures End / 2014)

1 0.36%
  • Matt McGinnis (younger brother of Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond / 2018 +)

1 0.36%
  • We Are Robin gang (Duke Thomas, Riko, Dre, Isabella, Daxton, Troy, etc. / 2015-2016)

3 1.08%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Robin has always been my favourite character. Loved Dick Grayson when I was a kid and appreciate his evolution and growth.
    Jason, at the start, was a faint copy and his best moment in the role was in Death of the Family.
    Tim is the perfect Robin, the one i loved the most and who best fitted the role. Tim and Bruce dynamic was flawless, exactly what Batman and Robin should be.

And then came Damian...
    Robin role changed it all one for good. Giving the role to the son of batman they crossed the line, they've changed the core of being Robin.
    Damian is a great character, but he never should have been Robin, not Bruce's Robin.
    Morrison knew that very well, sure enough he gave him the mantle to be Dick's Robin, not Bruce!
    Robin's character is dead, at least for what it has represented for 65 years.

Duke is not Robin, he's something better AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

From best to worst:

Carrie Kelly
    Damien
    Jason
    Tim
    everyone else
    Dick

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    . . . Duke is not Robin, he's something better AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
    But there was Futures End.

BANNED

I find Damian to be more enticing character by how Morrison portrayed him in his run but i never had a doubt about Tim being Bruce's Robin to be much more iconic .

I'm torn. I really enjoyed Golden Age Dick Grayson as the adult Robin with the JSA, but I also grew to really appreciate We Are Robin, too. That was a book that sooooooo looked like I would hate everything about it at first, but it soon won me over.

Robin has always been my favourite character. Loved Dick Grayson when I was a kid and appreciate his evolution and growth.
    Jason, at the start, was a faint copy and his best moment in the role was in Death of the Family.
    Tim is the perfect Robin, the one i loved the most and who best fitted the role. Tim and Bruce dynamic was flawless, exactly what Batman and Robin should be.

And then came Damian...
    Robin role changed it all one for good. Giving the role to the son of batman they crossed the line, they've changed the core of being Robin.
    Damian is a great character, but he never should have been Robin, not Bruce's Robin.
    Morrison knew that very well, sure enough he gave him the mantle to be Dick's Robin, not Bruce!
    Robin's character is dead, at least for what it has represented for 65 years.

Duke is not Robin, he's something better AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
    Like it or not Duke was Robin.
    Robin has been Batman's kid since the days of Jason or are we not counting adopted ones? Duke, Steph and Dick [adopted when he was Nightwing] might not have been but the 3 boys who inherited the role after Dick were children of Batman.

It it only counts for their time as Robin, it's going to be a match between Dick and Tim, clearly. With Damian steadily behind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Robin has been Batman's kid since the days of Jason or are we not counting adopted ones? Duke, Steph and Dick [adopted when he was Nightwing] might not have been but the 3 boys who inherited the role after Dick were children of Batman.
    I don't think Dick is adopted in current canon.

I have no problem counting Duke as a Robin, it's Snyder himself who said he was something else, something better.

Robin is an adopted child since 65 years, with Damian they crossed the line.
    It's totally different. Robin should not be the real son of batman cause dynamic change drastically.
    I can identify myself with a character like an adopted child but i never could be the son of Bruce Wayne.

I have no problem counting Duke as a Robin, it's Snyder himself who said he was something else, something better.

It's totally different. Robin should not be the real son of batman cause dynamic change drastically.
    I can identify myself with a character like an adopted child but i never could be the son of Bruce Wayne.
    While Damian is Bruce's son, he's most well known as Dick's Robin.

Duke was Robin 1st then something else. In futures end he was just Robin.

Robin isn't an adopted son. Some became adopted kids.
    The original Robin. The kid who started it wasn't adopted till he left the role [although a Ward is similar I guess]. Carrie, Matt, Duke Steph weren't adopted. Helena and Damian weren't adopted. I can appreciate that you might identify with an adopted son, some can identify with Robin even when they are blood related, some with a black Robin, some with a girl Robin. It really all depends on the person.

I really don't think it matters. I'm fine with adopted, biological, wards, brothers, girlfriends, random teens or robots.

Duke was Robin 1st then something else. In futures end he was just Robin.

Robin isn't an adopted son. Some became adopted kids.
    The original Robin. The kid who started it wasn't adopted till he left the role [although a Ward is similar I guess]. Carrie, Matt, Duke Steph weren't adopted. Helena and Damian weren't adopted. I can appreciate that you might identify with an adopted son, some can identify with Robin even when they are blood related, some with a black Robin, some with a girl Robin. It really all depends on the person.

I really don't think it matters. I'm fine with adopted, biological, wards, brothers, girlfriends, random teens or robots.

Yeah, here we're arguing about what we personally love about Robin, so I've told my feelings.
    I think you understood what I'm feeling, and doesn't need to be exact if the boy is legally adopted or is ward or soething else, everything but his real son.
    To me, just for me, what I always loved about the Robin character is that kind of relationships the boys had with Bruce as a new father figure to look for.
    With Damian that relationship necessarily changes, and it's exactly the reason why I can't relate to him in the same way.
    I love the former Robin figure, played in long time by Dick, Jason and Tim but I can't feel it with Damian. Everything changes again when Damian is with Dick, then I feel connection with the character again.
    It's the relationship teacher/apprentice I love, not father/son.
    I've never read any interview about it, but i'm pretty sure Morrison felt the same way and he always thought about Damian as Dick's Robin not Bruce's. I'm wondering if that's one of the reason he wanted him killed at the end.

For the same reason i'm not fond to have Robin girls. Love Steph but I prefer her as Batgirl or Spoiler.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 10-29-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    While Damian is Bruce's son, he's most well known as Dick's Robin.
    Problem is Dick isn't Batman anymore.
    I miss the dynamic duo, I miss Batman and Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It it only counts for their time as Robin . . .
    Well, since we're asking about "Favorite Robin", I thought it should be just when they've been Robin.

Now, if the thread / poll asked about "Favorite Robin / Favorite Former Robin", that would be different.

Problem is Dick isn't Batman anymore.
    I miss the dynamic duo, I miss Batman and Robin.
    There's another old thread for that:

Dick. Because “at the end of the day, from the start of the day, First and Always Foremost- He is Robin”
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe